Camaro SS-1, WRX-1 - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Camaro SS-1, WRX-1 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Root What is a lid and cutout for on the LS1? I would guess the cutout is ...

Originally posted by Root
    What is a lid and cutout for on the LS1? I would guess the cutout is an exhaust cutout? but what is a lid?

Justin

The stock air box has a lid on top of it that does not allow air to flow as smoothly as an aftermarket one. People have shown gains of 10rwhp and .1 / 1mph with a lid change on a stock car. Not too bad for $100
    LETS PLAY

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

SGOSWRX,

I don't want you to think I'm accusing you of lying bud. My only intension is to educate. I don't doubt you beat up on a lot of LS1s at your track.

The reason why I posted is because out of MY own experiences and sources of information, I see most stock LS1s(Z28,SS,T/A,WS6,FORMULA) putting their cars in the low 13s STOCK on STOCK Goodyear F1s.

The replies I am getting are mostly low 13s. The ony ones I see with high 13s are those with little miles on their car, disgusting 60 fts times(meaning they can't drive), or the newbie that ran his/her car once or twice stock and immediately modded their car.

So far the average is 13.304 out of the nationwide responses.

Glad to know I'm at least "average" when I was stock.. 13.3X @ 106 1.99 60
    LETS PLAY

Originally posted by Shaitiger
    SGOSWRX,

I don't want you to think I'm accusing you of lying bud. My only intension is to educate. I don't doubt you beat up on a lot of LS1s at your track.

The reason why I posted is because out of MY own experiences and sources of information, I see most stock LS1s(Z28,SS,T/A,WS6,FORMULA) putting their cars in the low 13s STOCK on STOCK Goodyear F1s.

The replies I am getting are mostly low 13s. The ony ones I see with high 13s are those with little miles on their car, disgusting 60 fts times(meaning they can't drive), or the newbie that ran his/her car once or twice stock and immediately modded their car.

So far the average is 13.304 out of the nationwide responses.
    I think he is talking about beating them on a 1/8 track not a 1/4 mile one..

Ppower

No I'm talking about the 1/4 mile. At Bradenton Motorsports Park 1/4 mile. I was never beaten by a stock or near stock LS1 when I had my stage 2 setup. At our track most car run a little slower than others. One reason is the weather, very hot and humid.
    My 99z28 ran a best of 13.4 @ 105 when it was stock at this track.

The Z06 kills are at the 1/8 mile track. The 3, Z06s that race at out 1/8 mile track run 8.40s - 8.60s in the 1/8 mile. They have just a few basic mods. With my 8.18 in the 1/8 you can see I have no trouble with them.

Just remember I'm in S Florida and its hot hot hot. That really does effect E.T.

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    No I'm talking about the 1/4 mile. At Bradenton Motorsports Park 1/4 mile. I was never beaten by a stock or near stock LS1 when I had my stage 2 setup. At our track most car run a little slower than others. One reason is the weather, very hot and humid.
    My 99z28 ran a best of 13.4 @ 105 when it was stock at this track.

The Z06 kills are at the 1/8 mile track. The 3, Z06s that race at out 1/8 mile track run 8.40s - 8.60s in the 1/8 mile. They have just a few basic mods. With my 8.18 in the 1/8 you can see I have no trouble with them.

Just remember I'm in S Florida and its hot hot hot. That really does effect E.T.
    That what I meant the races against the Z06s are on 1/8 not the others.

Ppower

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234