Camaro SS-1, WRX-1 - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Camaro SS-1, WRX-1 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Root What is a lid and cutout for on the LS1? I would guess the cutout is ...

Originally posted by Root
    What is a lid and cutout for on the LS1? I would guess the cutout is an exhaust cutout? but what is a lid?

Justin

The stock air box has a lid on top of it that does not allow air to flow as smoothly as an aftermarket one. People have shown gains of 10rwhp and .1 / 1mph with a lid change on a stock car. Not too bad for $100
    LETS PLAY

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

SGOSWRX,

I don't want you to think I'm accusing you of lying bud. My only intension is to educate. I don't doubt you beat up on a lot of LS1s at your track.

The reason why I posted is because out of MY own experiences and sources of information, I see most stock LS1s(Z28,SS,T/A,WS6,FORMULA) putting their cars in the low 13s STOCK on STOCK Goodyear F1s.

The replies I am getting are mostly low 13s. The ony ones I see with high 13s are those with little miles on their car, disgusting 60 fts times(meaning they can't drive), or the newbie that ran his/her car once or twice stock and immediately modded their car.

So far the average is 13.304 out of the nationwide responses.

Glad to know I'm at least "average" when I was stock.. 13.3X @ 106 1.99 60
    LETS PLAY

Originally posted by Shaitiger
    SGOSWRX,

I don't want you to think I'm accusing you of lying bud. My only intension is to educate. I don't doubt you beat up on a lot of LS1s at your track.

The reason why I posted is because out of MY own experiences and sources of information, I see most stock LS1s(Z28,SS,T/A,WS6,FORMULA) putting their cars in the low 13s STOCK on STOCK Goodyear F1s.

The replies I am getting are mostly low 13s. The ony ones I see with high 13s are those with little miles on their car, disgusting 60 fts times(meaning they can't drive), or the newbie that ran his/her car once or twice stock and immediately modded their car.

So far the average is 13.304 out of the nationwide responses.
    I think he is talking about beating them on a 1/8 track not a 1/4 mile one..

Ppower

No I'm talking about the 1/4 mile. At Bradenton Motorsports Park 1/4 mile. I was never beaten by a stock or near stock LS1 when I had my stage 2 setup. At our track most car run a little slower than others. One reason is the weather, very hot and humid.
    My 99z28 ran a best of 13.4 @ 105 when it was stock at this track.

The Z06 kills are at the 1/8 mile track. The 3, Z06s that race at out 1/8 mile track run 8.40s - 8.60s in the 1/8 mile. They have just a few basic mods. With my 8.18 in the 1/8 you can see I have no trouble with them.

Just remember I'm in S Florida and its hot hot hot. That really does effect E.T.

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    No I'm talking about the 1/4 mile. At Bradenton Motorsports Park 1/4 mile. I was never beaten by a stock or near stock LS1 when I had my stage 2 setup. At our track most car run a little slower than others. One reason is the weather, very hot and humid.
    My 99z28 ran a best of 13.4 @ 105 when it was stock at this track.

The Z06 kills are at the 1/8 mile track. The 3, Z06s that race at out 1/8 mile track run 8.40s - 8.60s in the 1/8 mile. They have just a few basic mods. With my 8.18 in the 1/8 you can see I have no trouble with them.

Just remember I'm in S Florida and its hot hot hot. That really does effect E.T.
    That what I meant the races against the Z06s are on 1/8 not the others.

Ppower

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.