Camaro SS-1, WRX-1 - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Camaro SS-1, WRX-1 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Going back to the SS thread...I finally lined up against a stock SS at a light. Launched OK and had ...

Going back to the SS thread...I finally lined up against a stock SS at a light. Launched OK and had a least a car length, as I shift into third he is started to catch up and by the end of third he starts to pull ahead. Racing him from a roll is a diff. story....I would jump on him for a second and then he would slowly pull away. Afterwards he commented on how fast my car was and gave me props for hanging. Anyway, all I can say is I love this car. Hanging w/ a SS in a four-door sedan is amazing to me.....
    02 WRX 355/358 vf30/N20 SOLD!
    05 STI - stock! kinda...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by masanz1
    Hey PPpower, when did I call you a name??? You're the one who implied I was an a$$****. Limited vocabulary. I'm just writing to make sure you understand. You know what they say, write in an 8th grade reading level so the readers can understand. Well, maybe you didn't know that(they teach it in 10th grade English). I apologize to anyone I offended by bringing up an issue I was growing tired of. If somebody read the thread completely they would have saw that in my first post I was just trying to say excuses are for losers, then here comes the trouble, people not even understanding the joke about dirt and throwing garbage into the thread. Maybe I should have said the first comment in a Rodney Dangerfield style...well, uh you know, if uh the WRX was uh on dirt, it, uh would of spanked the Camaro. Christ people learn to not take things so seriously. BTW Root I apologized for creating a thread I did not intend. Still waiting for what you drive Ppower. Maybe the P is Peugeot.
    Trying to defend your lack of vocabulary now? ...truly sad...I used your own post against you. If, you hadn't used the vulgar language in the first place. Oh, and calling someone "stupid" is a name.

Why wait Masanz? According to you, I have a camaro and a CBR929rr. Even though I never eluded to the fact or even said I did. Seems you're the one that is reading, but not comprehending what is being written. You might consider taking 10th grade english again (and anger management), that way you won't make all these assumptions that are not even being implied. Lastly, what I drive isn't important and for you ask in this context proves again you are immature. If, I said anything other than a WRX you would attack me (example, the Peugeot remark). Try to grow up.

Pp
    Oh, this is the end of this discussion (sorry, Root)...Others and I don't want it to go on.

Originally posted by TURBLOWN
    Going back to the SS thread...I finally lined up against a stock SS at a light. Launched OK and had a least a car length, as I shift into third he is started to catch up and by the end of third he starts to pull ahead. Racing him from a roll is a diff. story....I would jump on him for a second and then he would slowly pull away. Afterwards he commented on how fast my car was and gave me props for hanging. Anyway, all I can say is I love this car. Hanging w/ a SS in a four-door sedan is amazing to me.....
    Nice race

Rear wheel drive cars are at a severe disadvantage on the street . Have to baby the car over the paint strips which are usually raised on top of being slick. At least here in Florida they are.

Question, anyone have a link on specs for a WRX and the newer version one coming out? And what is the biggest rim you can get on one? 17"x8"?

Pp

This is such an old arguement. If you think the average stock LS1 runs 13.2 in the 1/4 mile you don't know much about them. I used to drive a 99z28. I have been a member of LS1.COM for years. Most stock LS1 run mid to high 13s. Go to the drag racing forum at LS1.com and see how many stock LS1 are running high 13s. There are some that do run low 13s. There has even been a factory freak under perfect conditions with an excellent driver that has pulled off high 12s. Personally in the last 5 years of going to the track I have never seen it. Stock they always run mid to high 13s when I'm at the track. Which is nearly every weekend.

All I can tell you is if you can run low 13s you will beat 95% of the stock LS1 at our track. Thats a fact. The second fact is that I beat every stock or near stock LS1 I raced with my Stage 2 setup. Yes my 13.3 - 13.4, 1/4 mile times were fast enough to beat many different LS1s in the 1/4 mile.

Third fact. An SS is no faster than a regular z28. Anyone with any knowledge of LS1's knows that. A good driver in a stock Z28 will beat a less skilled driver in an SS everytime. On the dyno they both make within 5-10hp of each other.

Its ok for LS1 guys to defend the LS1. I defend the WRX all the time but don't think for a minute that stock LS1s run 13.2 on average because they don't.

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    This is such an old arguement. If you think the average stock LS1 runs 13.2 in the 1/4 mile you don't know much about them.

Really? I started 3 threads on all the websites. From the replies so far I'm pretty close whether you like it or not. I'll keep this thread updated.

I'm not doing this to start a flame war. This is for education purposes only. I try to do the same on the LS1 boards when it comes to the WRX.

Cool!!! i can't wait to get the results back.
    My rx7 ran the quater in about 13.2 - 13.3 and none of the dozen or so stock ss or z28 were able to beat me.
    I agree that it is possible to run 13.0's but ive never seen it.

Originally posted by Shaitiger

Really? I started 3 threads on all the websites. From the replies so far I'm pretty close whether you like it or not. I'll keep this thread updated.

I'm not doing this to start a flame war. This is for education purposes only. I try to do the same on the LS1 boards when it comes to the WRX.
    It's all good. I just hate when people accuse me of lying saying I couldn' t have beat LS1's with my stage 2 setup. I would never make claims that aren't true. I have to show my face at the track. I'm not going to make myself look dumb. I've also beaten every stock or near stock Z06 I've raced with my stage 4 setup. This is only in the 1/8 mile though. The 1/4 mile will be a challange.

Being a former LS1 owner. Stage 2 setup 450hp, I know all there is to know about LS1s. They are very fast cars. Any car that can run mid 13s straight from the factory is fast as shxt. Thats why it is such an accomplishment to beat one. When you can beat LS1's you know you have a fast car.
    http://hometown.aol.com/sgos252382/m...age/photo.html

man i think any ls1 especially a 2001 and faster should be able to run 13.2 or faster stock

look at all the high 13 second ls1s you guys talk about...What are their trap speeds? that will tell you....most of them are probably spinning bad off the line

a friend of mines 2001 WS6 ran 13.2@109 with a lid and cutout...Now i know thats not stock but those mods don't give a whole lot of hp on a bone stock ls1

i don't know if tires count as a mod or not but it think if you add a set of Nitto drag radials to a stock ls1 (esp the 01s up) a good driver hitting a 2.0 60 foot or better should be able to knock down 12.99 or better at a sea-level track in decent air
    87 lx 5.0
    yeah its stock
    All motor
    Got torque?

Originally posted by Root
    Everyone, Ppower and Lil SS,

Please play nice with others, I would hate to actually have to moderate this thread or remove it if it got too out of hand.

Thanks,
    Justin

Come on Root.. I have shown time and time again I play nice. I'm just letting someone know that it is not worth argueing what the LS1's run stock at a WRX board?

Can you honestly tell me I don't "Play nice" I think I help people here as much as I can, as I do on all the boards I am on. Yeah, there are opinions people have on this board and I might express a difference in opinion, but I don't let it get out of hand. Do I??
    LETS PLAY

What is a lid and cutout for on the LS1? I would guess the cutout is an exhaust cutout? but what is a lid?

Justin
    Good judgement comes from experience,
    and experience comes from bad judgement.

man i think any ls1 especially a 2001 and faster should be able to run 13.2 or faster stock
    Sure, the car is capable of that, but is the driver? Like I said before, that is what it comes down to. I have heard of a WRX with my exact mods pulling a 13.0, my car might be able to do that, but probably not with me behind the wheel
    drive it like ya stole it

This thread is funny as hell.

SGOSWRX--Nice car.
    86LX50--yep I know of someone who broke a half shaft using Nitto Drag radials

Ppower

Originally posted by Ppower
    SGOSWRX--Nice car.
    86LX50--yep I know of someone who broke a half shaft using Nitto Drag radials

Ppower
    I use regular nitto extremes street tires 215/45/17s. I wouldn't try putting drag radials on a awd. That would be to much traction.

Originally posted by 87LX50

look at all the high 13 second ls1s you guys talk about...What are their trap speeds? that will tell you....most of them are probably spinning bad off the line

a friend of mines 2001 WS6 ran 13.2@109 with a lid and cutout...Now i know thats not stock but those mods don't give a whole lot of hp on a bone stock ls1

i don't know if tires count as a mod or not but it think if you add a set of Nitto drag radials to a stock ls1 (esp the 01s up) a good driver hitting a 2.0 60 foot or better should be able to knock down 12.99 or better at a sea-level track in decent air
    Every track is different every driver is different. Most stock LS1 trap around 105- 107 mph on average. Some more some less. It all depends on track conditions. For a LS1 do run really fast numbers in it stock form it usually needs at least drag radials. Most guys at the track use either slicks or drag radials and they still have traction problems. That racing. If they have trouble hooking up at the track (where its sticky as glue) just think about on the street. They don't stand a chance. I used to run 285/40/17s on my z28 and it still spun like crazy on the street. Thats one of the biggest problems with high hp rear drivers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.