Camaro SS-1, WRX-1 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Camaro SS-1, WRX-1 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The bad driver thing was an excuse. The DIRT example was silly. I can't stand it when WRX owners(some,not all) ...

The bad driver thing was an excuse. The DIRT example was silly.

I can't stand it when WRX owners(some,not all) always bring up dirt,snow, and water races for a come back. Most of the times it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic. Dannyboy7 had a STREET RACE with the Camaro SS. There's no reason to bring up dirt.

Now about the bad driver. Yeah that's an excuse but atleast its true to the topic and is a possibility.

Let's break it down.

From what I've read about Stage 0 WRX's. People can run from 13.3s to 13.9s depending on driver ofcourse.

A person in a Stock 2001 Camaro SS will run from 12.9s to 13.5s. An average driver will hit 13.2s.

I've only been to the track 3 times with 13 runs in my whole life and I've hit a 13.2 at 107 with 2.133 60ft. I'm sure you guys know that's a crappy launch. I know for sure I can hit 12s.

Anyways, the chance that he might have been modded more than an exhaust is up there with him being a bad driver. We don't even know for sure whether he had a good launch or not.

All in all, a race is a race. If you look at the Stage 0 numbers and the stock SS numbers. You can see that the race between these two cars would be pretty close depending no how good the driver is in the WRX. Congrats to DannyBoy for going out there and racing. Nice runs and nice kill.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

why can't people read the thread...it is the camaro owner that started the if that thing. I quote, "30mph+ SS Camaro will eat ya for lunch." So sue me if I'm just defending my car. Like you pointed out it was just a race.
    2002 WRX Wagon
    Midnight Black Pearl
    www.sanzones.com
    K&N Filter
    Short Shifter
    Ti knob
    More to come soon

Its all good that you defend your car man. Just keep it in line with the topic.

Originally posted by Shaitiger
    The bad driver thing was an excuse. The DIRT example was silly.

I can't stand it when WRX owners(some,not all) always bring up dirt,snow, and water races for a come back. Most of the times it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic
    Agreed. The standard "off-road" response gets tiresome. But this response to such reponse was even sillier.

Originally posted by 87LX50
    the Camaro guy could always swap on some Hoosier dirt track tires and beat up on the WRX! lol

When I had TurboXS stage 2 setup I went undefeated against stock or slightly modded LS1 z28s. I raced several in the 1/4 mile and beat them all. My 1/4 mile times were in the 13.3-13.4 range.
    At our track stock or near stock LS1s run mid to high 13s on average.

a couple weeks ago the same night I beat a Z06, I raced a LS1 Z28 SS. This was with my stage 4 setup. I took him off the line and pulled on him all the way down the track. I beat him by over a 1/2 second in the 1/8 mile.

Even better was my race from a 20mph roll. Thats not a WRX strong point. This LS1 WS6 ram air T.A was playing cat and mouse with me going down the street. Then we both turned on another street and around 20mph he punched it. I followed suit. He got about 2 cars in front of me with the jump. I stuck with it waiting for the boost to build and when it did I started slowly reeling him in. (thats unreal for a wrx vs an LS1 WS6). He kept on going until about 80-90mph and he let off. When he let off I was on his rear bumper. He and I both slowed down and I got along side of him. He just stared at me with this blank look. I smiled at him and gave him a wave and he just stared at me with that blank look. He must have been in shock.
    I made him a believer that day.

I just love racing LS1's. There fast so if you can beat one you know your fast too.

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    When I had TurboXS stage 2 setup I went undefeated against stock or slightly modded LS1 z28s. I raced several in the 1/4 mile and beat them all. My 1/4 mile times were in the 13.3-13.4 range.
    At our track stock or near stock LS1s run mid to high 13s on average.
    No offense but you must have some poor drivers over there. If you check www.ls1.com, www.ls1tech.com, www.camaroz28.com, which are nationwide F-body forums. You will find the average being 13.2 in the 1/4 mile. There are more and more people getting 01 - 02 cars in the 12s stock on stock Goodyear F1s. I just read that a guy ran a 12.908 at 108mph in a stock 2002 WS6 . I hope to get there soon. All i need is an excellent launch. Too bad I don't have AWD .

You're stage 2 was quick as heck and can sure keep up with a average driven stock LS1. I can't wait to see what the Stage 4 will do in the 1/4 mile. Keep us updated man. You have an awesome car.
    Last edited by Shaitiger; 06-03-2002 at 02:45 PM.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

I read LS1.com all the time. The stock ls1's do NOT average 13.2 in the 1/4. More like 13.5 - 13.7. 13.2 is considered excellent for a stock ls1. 12.9 is what someone pulled with a PERFECT launch and PERFECT conditions. Not the norm at all. LS1's are fast as hell and with minimal mods they are in the 12's. No doubt they are better 1/4 mile cars if you got the money. But we are talking STOCK cars. No whisper lids, exhaust, or anything else.
    New:
    2005 Electric Blue Lancer Evo VIII

Traded:
    Platinum Silver 02 WRX
    TurboXS stage2

Originally posted by Shaitiger

No offense but you must have some poor drivers over there. If you check www.ls1.com, www.ls1tech.com, www.camaroz28.com, which are nationwide F-body forums. You will find the average being 13.2 in the 1/4 mile. There are more and more people getting 01 - 02 cars in the 12s stock on stock Goodyear F1s. I just read that a guy ran a 12.908 at 108mph in a stock 2002 WS6 . I hope to get there soon. All i need is an excellent launch. Too bad I don't have AWD .

You're stage 2 was quick as heck and can sure keep up with a average driven stock LS1. I can't wait to see what the Stage 4 will do in the 1/4 mile. Keep us updated man. You have an awesome car.

Hey man, I speak from experience here.. Most guys on this board know we are fast. Most guys will arguee left and right what the LS1's run stock. You will never win.

As for the WRX who ran the Camaro, good run!

Written by suparo
    "I have the turbo XS Unichip but it never out guns a Camero SS!!! Maybe a regular Camero, but the SS is freaking quick. I can stay close to the SS but beating it out right is a different story. 3 cars is a lot of distance."

Hey Suparo, Do you even know the difference between an SS and a Z28?? Do you think there is a huge difference? Guess what, there isn't!! The Z and the SS run about the same stock for stock. Yeah sure the SS or WS6 has the factory forced air and possibly the upgraded exhaust, but it aint worth more than .1-.2 in the 1/4. Now if you were talking about the 6 cyl vrs the LS1 thats a different story.

Man ingnorace drives me nuts!!
    LETS PLAY

masanz1, as usual you prove that you're immature and have a small vocabulary. You have to resort to name calling and such, because you has no better way to express yourself. Bringing up the fact that the guy had a bad launch is not an excuse. It, is an example of how a person beat the person and not the car. For starters I don't own a camaro. I like WRXs why the hell would I be here if I didn't? But, I also know what camaros will do.

"battle of wits with an unarmed opponent"--nice old quote where you get off the newsgroups? Tons of people there use it. As for wits re-read the paragraph above about your shortcomings.

"So sue me if I'm just defending my car" Why do you feel the need to "defend" your car? What to justify your purchase? To reinforce the fact that you made the right decision getting one? Or, do you suffer from low self-esteem and can't stand the fact that someone might have a faster car then you? Seems like it with all the strange race scenarios you come up with just so you can have the win....

bedabi, newbie to what the forum? So what...

Pp

Ok Ok, well, maybe to clear some stuff up, my best run has been a 13.40 @ 100 with my stock 16's and 100 octane, this guy said his best run had been a 13.7 @ ?? in the quarter, but like I found out later, the run was almost a half mile run, so we would have been pretty close in the quarter, but I was killed in the long run, and on the freeway to this place, he would completely run me. Like I said, my only mod is the Vishnu stage 0, IF I had an upgraded turbo and had two less cats, and IF I had an upgraded fuel system and maybe some headers, maybe I would have won, but I dont, so I didnt. IF the race had been a quarter mile, and I had a good launch, I probably would have won, or IF I launched at 3000 rpm and he hooked up, I would have REALLY lost.
    About the three car lengths off the line, I didnt really get out and measure or anything, so dont quote me on that, I figured if I could see him pretty well in my rearview, he was back there!
    All in all, I think it really comes down to the driver, and luck.
    drive it like ya stole it

Everyone, Ppower and Lil SS,

Please play nice with others, I would hate to actually have to moderate this thread or remove it if it got too out of hand.

Thanks,
    Justin
    Good judgement comes from experience,
    and experience comes from bad judgement.

dannyboy7,

At any rate, that was a great story. Cars only race each other in magazine numbers and imaginations. All real races are between drivers and their respective cars.

Root, me play nice? I am not the one calling other people names and posting wacked out replies. Some people need to take an anger management class.

Pp

bedabi I agree 100%

Heck I have been beat by cars I know I could kill. I just flubbed the lauch and smoked the tires.

Pp

Hey PPpower, when did I call you a name??? You're the one who implied I was an a$$****. Limited vocabulary. I'm just writing to make sure you understand. You know what they say, write in an 8th grade reading level so the readers can understand. Well, maybe you didn't know that(they teach it in 10th grade English). I apologize to anyone I offended by bringing up an issue I was growing tired of. If somebody read the thread completely they would have saw that in my first post I was just trying to say excuses are for losers, then here comes the trouble, people not even understanding the joke about dirt and throwing garbage into the thread. Maybe I should have said the first comment in a Rodney Dangerfield style...well, uh you know, if uh the WRX was uh on dirt, it, uh would of spanked the Camaro. Christ people learn to not take things so seriously. BTW Root I apologized for creating a thread I did not intend. Still waiting for what you drive Ppower. Maybe the P is Peugeot.
    2002 WRX Wagon
    Midnight Black Pearl
    www.sanzones.com
    K&N Filter
    Short Shifter
    Ti knob
    More to come soon

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast