Dyno Results
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Dyno Results within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; OK I posted in this forum because this is where I usually post about fun races and alot of people ...

Dyno Results

OK I posted in this forum because this is where I usually post about fun races and alot of people have emailed or called me w/ questions so here are my results. I have the following performance mods: Vishnu catless uppipe, Stromung catless downpipe, Tanabe Super Racing Medallion catback, and Boostvalve MBC @ 16psi w/ Autometer boost and EGT gauges. I don't have access to a scanner right now but I will post the pics later. Anyways my runs where very consistant and done in 4th gear ... 213.2 whp & 183.3ft/lbs torque! I guess you can't beat that w/ a stick becuase the $$$ vs. performance is unmatched. I figure you can take the Tanabe SRM out of the performance list since honestly I got it for looks and sounds ... . Thus <$800 you can gain 30+ whp. I'm doing some simple calculations so I'm guesstimating around ... 180/227 ( factory ) = 213/X thus X=268.62hp at the cranks or 260-270hp depending on the calculations.
    If I pull the numbers from TurboXs is the same figures but you would add 17/23 hp to the end calculation depending on the Stage 1 or Stage 2. If I pull the numbers from Vishnu you would subtract -7, -9, and -15 relatively to the Stage 0, .5, and 1. I know the calculations aren't exact but it gives me an estimation.
    I had a 9am meeting at Knowledge Performance in Woodstock, Ga. today 6/1/2002 to use their dynopack. I have spoken to Kevin and he seems to be very knowledgeable. I am very pleased w/ the service and price for now ... I don't have to drive 10+hrs to get to a 4W dyno. I am also VERY please w/ my misc combination of mods for the power. Thus I have a hp rating of 260hp and at most 270hp at the cranks.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

thanks for the info chug

i read all your posts because you have the same setup as mine, sans catback, and was speculating on what kind of hp i had....interestingly i was guessing 265!!!

its amazing how much some of these guys are paying for stage this or stage that....i think ive spent about 1200 total and the damn thing is freaking scary

eventually ill go the bigger turbo route, but for now i dont see a better way to spend 1200 then the way we have

todd
    Silver 2002 WRX...far from stock

An error made on your own is safer that ten truths accepted on faith, because the first allows you the means to correct it, but the second destroys ones ability to distinguish truth from error.--Ayn Rand

That which has been is that which will be, and that which has been done is that wich will be done-so there is nothing new under the sun.-Solomon

that all? j/k!
    87 lx 5.0
    yeah its stock
    All motor
    Got torque?

Congrats on some pretty impressive numbers. Just go to show that with a little forethought, and not a lot of money, you can have pretty darn quick little car. Looking forward to meeting up with you sometime soon. Next time I'm up in the Atlanta area, I'll try to work out a meeting.
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

Haha ...

Always welcomed. I still need to go to SDR again to see my 1/4 mile w/ and w/out my bike on the roof. The people at SDR said it should be fine w/ my bike on the roof as long as its stable.
    2004 STI White/Gold

Re: Haha ...

Originally posted by chuglobal
    Always welcomed. I still need to go to SDR again to see my 1/4 mile w/ and w/out my bike on the roof. The people at SDR said it should be fine w/ my bike on the roof as long as its stable.
    You should definitely get a video of that run with the bike on. That would be hilarious!
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

Haha...

It would be so pimp if I could get a nice video of it. I gotta plan one day to go down to SDR again. It was just such as LONG drive .
    2004 STI White/Gold

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.