Evo8 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Evo8 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Rich10 Sorry, I must be the only person here who didn't know you were quoting a movie. ...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Evo8

Originally posted by Rich10
    Sorry, I must be the only person here who didn't know you were quoting a movie.
    No problem. People like you give the rest of us hope that the virus that is THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS has not infected all

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Evo8

Originally posted by bluevilevo8
    No problem. People like you give the rest of us hope that the virus that is THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS has not infected all
    I actually rented the Fast and the Furious. It was so bad that I didn't watch most of the movie. The funny thing is that I just got 2 Fast 2 Furious as a Christmas present. I haven't watched it yet.
    2002 WRX WRB

I Support ClubWRX
    The funny thing is that I just got 2 Fast 2 Furious as a Christmas present. I haven't watched it yet.
    Is it still in its plastic? Can you take it back and exchange for a worthwhile movie. Sheesh, if anything, 2F2F was worse than the original.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Originally posted by RayfieldsWRX
    Is it still in its plastic? Can you take it back and exchange for a worthwhile movie. Sheesh, if anything, 2F2F was worse than the original.
    Its still in the plastic but I can't return it. It was a gift from my wife.
    2002 WRX WRB

You know what sucks the most? When people (especially girls) ask me what kind of car I have, I tell them "Evo" or "Evolution" etc.

They're like, "a what?"

"You know, the green car Paul Walker drives in 2F2F..."
    "Oh yeah!"
    "...only not as gay."
    "Hey! I like that movie!"
    "Gee, that's too bad."

I'm a bastard sometimes!
    -Kramit
    '03 EvoVIII (Apex Silver)

All of you guys didn't like F&F and 2F2F? Why not? It's totally realistic and accurately portrays the world of sport compacts. I guess you have to live a quarter mile at a time to appreciate these fine motion pictures.

As to which one was better, all I have is two words for all of you -- Eva Mendes.
    '02 White WRX Wagon
    VF34, STi Pinks, Perrin IC Hoses, AP V2, Borla Catback, Perrin Up-pipe, Stromung Downpipe

Originally posted by Stuss76
    All of you guys didn't like F&F and 2F2F? Why not? It's totally realistic and accurately portrays the world of sport compacts. I guess you have to live a quarter mile at a time to appreciate these fine motion pictures.

As to which one was better, all I have is two words for all of you -- Eva Mendes.

atleast i hope that you are joking
    2002 Subaru Impreza Wrx Sedan

Originally posted by Stuss76

The opening drag scene in F&F was pretty realistic. IIRC, it was a quarter mile race that took about a minute and the main character hit the "naws" about 3 times. Then, didn't rivets started popping out of the floor?

I think that its safe to say that this has happened to all of us. Now I remember why I didn't watch most of the rest of the movie.
    Last edited by Rich10; 01-17-2004 at 06:06 PM.
    2002 WRX WRB

The opening drag scene in F&F was pretty realistic. IIRC, it was a quarter mile race that took about a minute and the main character hit the "naws" about 3 times. Then, didn't rivets started popping out of the floor?

I think that its safe to say that this has happened to all of us. Now I remember why I didn't watch most of the rest of the movie.
    Yeah, I have gotten that "danger to manifold" alarm on my lap top many a time while double clutching my way to victory! As long as you change your muffler bearings after every race you can ignor the danger to manifold alarm. And trust me, with all the flames constantly shooting out your exhaust if you don't change those muffler bearings your floor pan will fall out...that is why it happened in the movie, bad muffler bearings!

Keith
    Miss the wifes WRX, but love my Ralliart!

I'm still waiting for someone to explain to he how excessive EGTs make my pop-rivited floor pans fall out. It's happened to me twice!

Is it possible that instead of 2 NOS bottles, I should run 3 to compensate?
    Or do I need to buy different bulbs for my underbody neons? Should I upgrade to a glowing neon fart-can if I do that mod?
    -Kramit
    '03 EvoVIII (Apex Silver)

Originally posted by Kramit
    I'm still waiting for someone to explain to he how excessive EGTs make my pop-rivited floor pans fall out. It's happened to me twice!

Is it possible that instead of 2 NOS bottles, I should run 3 to compensate?
    Or do I need to buy different bulbs for my underbody neons? Should I upgrade to a glowing neon fart-can if I do that mod?
    Like I said, it's those muffler bearings! All the heat buildup from the flames constantly shooting out the exhaust ruins the muffler bearings pretty fast. If you don't change them out, the muffler can't rotate properly under the car and this causes stress on the floor pan....then the floor pan rivets pop and it falls out!

Keith
    Miss the wifes WRX, but love my Ralliart!

I Support ClubWRX
    You guys crack me up...
    When I saw the first race in 2F2F, and they all spouted flames out of their exhaust that matched their paint jobs, I thought I was going to bust a seam laughing...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Re: Re: Re: Evo8

That sort of discussion would make sense if you were talking about a Porsche Turbo, Ferrari, AMG, etc. For a sub $30,000 car...

Don't get me wrong, I like the Evo. But its not exactly an expensive car.
    Thers this movie, maybe you've heard of it...forget it.
    I created my avatar.

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

Wink

Dude...it wasn't the muffler bearings...

It was the boost fluid...they weren't running enough and that is why they were running so rich they would spit flames out the a$$ end! Furthermore, without boost fluid to properly lubricate those rivets in the floor panel, of course they would start popping out ...especially why the "DANGER TO MANIFOLD" signal begins to flash. I sometimes pop rivets when I get CELs because of low boost fluid...let alone when the "DANGER" sign is up.

As for the NOS, i run a 5 stage kit with 500 shots. The only reason my engine doesn't blow is because of the high grade 0w-30 boost fluid. Otherwise my stock turbo surely would be toast...along with my muffler bearings.

In fact, I think that 0W-30 boost fluid is sooooo beneficial that double-clutching during a 1/4 mile race isn't necessary anymore. IT EVEN HELPS STRENGTHEN MY TRANSMISSION!! That is how good this stuff is.

Needless to say I will be installing my brand new Boost Fluid Catch Can tommorow. Pics and instructions to come!

2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

I think the underbody Neons do help in keeping the EGT's down. Be sure to check the bulb light fluid on those bad boys! You don't want to be runnin' to Pep Boys when pinks are on the line.
    '02 White WRX Wagon
    VF34, STi Pinks, Perrin IC Hoses, AP V2, Borla Catback, Perrin Up-pipe, Stromung Downpipe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast