Viper vs. My lil wagon
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Viper vs. My lil wagon within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My 2 babys 2001 Viper RT/10 2002 WRX wagon Both Red of course!!!!! At least the WRX gets better gas ...

Viper vs. My lil wagon

My 2 babys 2001 Viper RT/10
    2002 WRX wagon
    Both Red of course!!!!!

At least the WRX gets better gas mileage and has more trunk room.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image02.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Now my wagon

and here is my grocery getter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails my subee.jpg  

I hate you

Ditto that.

At least you have good taste.
    1993 RX-7 TT
    http://home.attbi.com/~archangle10/w...7/site1005.jpg
    SSP Pineapple Racing Rebuild/Stage 2 Oil/Rebuilt Tranny/HKS Downpipe/Apex-i PFCw/Commander/RB Dual SS Catback/ACT S/S Clutch/Resurfaced Flywheel/ASI AST/Fluidyne Radiator/Polished UIM/Throttlebody/Efini Y-Pipe/Silicone Hose Job
    Koni Shocks/Eibach Springs/Mazdaspeed Bushings/Brembo Dimpled/Slotted Rotors/G-Stop Steel Brake Lines/EBC Greenstuff
    Kenwood eXcelon Z919 CD-MP3/Infinity Kappa Perfect Sound System/2 JBL Power 360W Amps/2 12" Infinity Kappa Perfect Subs
    Car Pics: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291149161
    Modification Pics: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291071767

2002 Subaru WRX
    FATT

<drool> Suhsweet! <drool>
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

What part of Florida do you live?
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

I wish I took pics when I lined up at the light with a Diablo VT

Nice cars. I'd like to try a Viper someday. I've never driven one.

Do you drive the Viper often? I typically only drive my WRX in rain and snow.

Guess I need to take a picture of my 3 'X's.

Matt
    2000 Acura NSX
    Silverstone
    No Mods

2002 Subaru WRX
    WR Blue
    No Mods (except Rear Spoiler)

2001 Acura MDX
    Granite Green Metallic

Why do people buy Vipers anyway? Nice engine, but all that extra curb weight, what does it weigh, over 3000 lbs? Sheesh . Still don't have my baby yet (another month and a half), but here's a picture of the same car:

Curb weight 1079 lbs, 240 hp. Will nicely stomp a stock Viper in any category (except top speed) for well under half the cost . OK, there's the minor problem that it lacks a trunk, air conditioning, stereo, roof, windshield, etc, but who needs all that junk?!? That's what the WRX is for . The car should get in excess of 30mpg as well, OK that's only if you drive it like a grandma which is not too likely .

--Jason

Smile Brown

Brown- Congrats on your " baby". Im not sure as to what kind of car that is you have sitting there but its not my "style". But if ya like it then you should enjoy it. As far as wether it can beat a stock viper is a moot point for me. You are comparing a "custom vehicle" against a "stock" vehicle. So it may or may not. Besides who said the viper is stock? In any case its not hard to find a car that can beat almost any another car.when its "custom" against "stock". We will let everyone have their opinions there. In most cases, most cars , with few exceptions, are only as fast as the person who is driving them. especially on the roads " not tracks" around here. I drive cars and cherish them because I like them not to impress anyone. I may be a rare person in that respect and if I am so be it. IMO

NSX- How do you enjoy driving your NSX?. I think those cars are damn sweet. I dont see too many of them around here but the few that I have come across seem awesome. The WRX is a nice car for the money. So far I have only had mine for a month or so so Im still getting used to all the bells and whistles. Lemme tell you a lil experience I had driving the Viper. I was going up a pretty steep incline, probably 25 degrees or so. I was in 4th and was already doing 110 mph and accelerating. I still had plenty of gas pedal to drop and 2 more gears. Lots of reserved power. Not too mention all heads it turns.

what type of car is that.

Looks great!
    Any future mods for the Scooby?
    Carless

Re: Brown

Originally posted by red02wrx
    Brown- Congrats on your " baby". Im not sure as to what kind of car that is you have sitting there but its not my "style"... I drive cars and cherish them because I like them not to impress anyone. I may be a rare person in that respect and if I am so be it. IMO

NSX- How do you enjoy driving your NSX?.
    I agree - That car in the picture isn't my style either. I also agree that people should buy cars THEY like and not be concerned about the opinions of others. Your comments on stock vs. custom were great. Actually, lots of custom and stock cars can beat my NSX in a straight line. I don't really care about that though. Of course, I doubt you will find too many people who will argue with your choice of a Viper. They are awesome.

As for my NSX, it is addictive to drive. It certainly lacks the raw power of your Viper (torque numbers are pretty low) but winding that V6 up to 8000RPM and hearing it scream right behind the seats is quite an experience. The handling is amazing and it is comfortable enough for long trips. As a bonus, they are very rare, especially here in Southern Indiana. I have only seen one other one in the past 10 years.

There aren't many WRX's around here either, for that matter.

Matt
    2000 Acura NSX
    Silverstone
    No Mods

2002 Subaru WRX
    WR Blue
    No Mods (except Rear Spoiler)

2001 Acura MDX
    Granite Green Metallic

That's a Lotus Super 7 replica.

I don't know if I have ever seen one with 240hp. That thing should easily break the 4 second mark 0-60 with a good set of grippy tires. Hell, those things break the 5 second mark with 15ohp. I've always wanted one of those - ever since I took a Lotus Elan out and destroyed it for about 4 hours.

Brownkiller, what did that kit cost you total? My guess is around 25-30k.
    Last edited by cnoff; 06-06-2002 at 06:16 PM.
    2002 Platinum Silver Rex

I wonder if the kit will fit a Acura Integra GSR Type R motor. I have one in my garage. Would like to by the kit and stick the Acura engine in it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.