stang cobra vs me (03 PSM WRX)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on stang cobra vs me (03 PSM WRX) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; long story short...im depressed anyways...heres the story...Im coming home from some place and see a red stang (I didnt know ...

skvfx

stang cobra vs me (03 PSM WRX)

long story short...im depressed

anyways...heres the story...Im coming home from some place and see a red stang (I didnt know it was a cobra) so i started tailing it since the guy was obviously driving like a speedy guy type. We take a turn onto a very nice clear street and he wasnt really looking like he wanted to race so i went beside him and slightly past him sorta egging him on...well...next thing i hear...VRRSSSRSRRRRRR....i see him starting so i go from my comfy 4th gear at 40mph to 3rd gear VROOM....well...i was pulling hard...but that guy walked right past me....i felt like i was standing still.....he easily gets 4-5 cars on me and keeps that distance as i slightly creep on him but the street ends and i lose by 3-4 cars easy...

next thing i know...i drive up next to him...notice a little cobra badge thingy on the side and roll down my windows....he rolls down his....i jus ask him how much he had on there...and he was jus like "its factory"

so there you have it....burned by a factory cobra.....which isnt really that bad since its bumping some mad hp compared to the wrx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    so it didnt say cobra on the rear?
    2003 SRT-4

skvfx
    it was night...too dark to see anything really....i was side to side with the window down when i finally saw cobra-ness

Originally posted by skvfx
    it was night...too dark to see anything really....i was side to side with the window down when i finally saw cobra-ness
    the years all vary...the 94-95s had 250hp, the 96-98s had 305..the 99s and 01s had 320 and the new 03s have 390.
    2003 SRT-4

could have been 96-2003 cobra.... all would have walked you. some said cobra on back some said mustang.

edit: dont feel too bad, it was from a roll right??? from a stop you woulda jumped him for a car or two, but after that he would have walked you.
    Last edited by mike01svt; 01-13-2004 at 07:14 AM.
    2001 Mustang Cobra
    Vortech @9psi
    13* Timing and 11.5AFR
    Tuned by ME

You still would have won if you would have switched to 2nd gear at 40 mph. You would have gotten a HUGE pull starting from there. It's good until 60mph or so. Good run though.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

skvfx
    Originally posted by THE ONE
    You still would have won if you would have switched to 2nd gear at 40 mph. You would have gotten a HUGE pull starting from there. It's good until 60mph or so. Good run though.
    ya...i didnt know it was a cobra so i jus went to 3rd...silly me

i dont know alot bout stangs so i couldnt tell what year...easily one of the new model ones....it had 2 big ass pipes showing when i saw it from the back...2 exhaust tips i guess?

Originally posted by skvfx
    ya...i didnt know it was a cobra so i jus went to 3rd...silly me

i dont know alot bout stangs so i couldnt tell what year...easily one of the new model ones....it had 2 big ass pipes showing when i saw it from the back...2 exhaust tips i guess?
    yea, all v8 stangs since the 80s had 2 tips...if you see only 1, its a v6
    2003 SRT-4

1996 to 2001 Cobras trap 105-106 mph in the 1/4. From a roll is almost impossible to beat one with a stock or mildly moded WRX. We trap 95 MPH stock big difference in speed.
    Last edited by Drod; 01-13-2004 at 05:52 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Heck I think a good ole Fox Cobra would take a wrx in that kind of race. But yeah if it was a later sn-95 cobra then the outcome was pre decided. Who knows maybe it was some joker with a A-4 blocked VQ-S trim 94 fobra. Either way....torque is a hard thing to make up for.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I agree that compared too the 99+ cobra a stock or even slightly modded wrx don't have a chance. 94 and 95 are SLOW. My friend has a 95 that I ride in daily and my 02 stage 2 wrx is a whole other animal compared the the sn95. He has mild cam, gears, headers, new tires and full catless bassani exhaust and can't even compare from any rolling speed.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

I Support ClubWRX
    6 year old thread.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I didn't even own a Subaru back in 04

On the other hand, my 01 Grand Marquis pulled a friend's stock bugeye from 40 and up back around that time. It wasn't stock -- I had a Superchips programmer and intake. It ran 9.9 @ 74 in the 1/8th which is decent for an automatic family barge, and on par with auto Mustangs of the era.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Oh I am using an HTC phone for internet so I didn't see the date. Just thought it was an interesting thread.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    6 year old thread.

We're cleaning out the closet!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.