Me vs. a WRX (i finally beat one!)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Me vs. a WRX (i finally beat one!) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, I'm new to the forum....I drive an 03 Acura RSX Type S. I almost bought a WRX (its was ...

Me vs. a WRX (i finally beat one!)

Ok, I'm new to the forum....I drive an 03 Acura RSX Type S. I almost bought a WRX (its was a very tough choice) so I wandered onto this forum.

Anywho, I'm on a two lane highway that has a series of lights. I come up to one and black WRX pulls next to me, it looks and sounds stock. We both look at eachother and it was on. Light turns green, I dump the clutch at around 3k and got an okay launch. We're pretty close but he pulls ahead by about 1/2 a car before we have to shut it down for the next red light. I figure if I get a better launch I can pull ahead....maybe Light goes green, I get a great launch, run it up to 8k in first and by second I had him by almost a whole car length. By time I hit fourth he's at least a couple cars behind. I know a WRX is a couple tics faster than my Acura, but it seems to be a driver's race when the two go head to head. Well, finally beat a WRX made my day.......now I just gotta work on smoking Mustangs
    03 Artic Blue Pearl Acura RSX Type S:

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

so you beat a WRX from a dig? thats pretty cool I guess...

Wow, you must have some good tires.

Re: Me vs. a WRX (i finally beat one!)

Originally posted by Matts Type S
    Ok, I'm new to the forum....I drive an 03 Acura RSX Type S. I almost bought a WRX (its was a very tough choice) so I wandered onto this forum.

Anywho, I'm on a two lane highway that has a series of lights. I come up to one and black WRX pulls next to me, it looks and sounds stock. We both look at eachother and it was on. Light turns green, I dump the clutch at around 3k and got an okay launch. We're pretty close but he pulls ahead by about 1/2 a car before we have to shut it down for the next red light. I figure if I get a better launch I can pull ahead....maybe Light goes green, I get a great launch, run it up to 8k in first and by second I had him by almost a whole car length. By time I hit fourth he's at least a couple cars behind. I know a WRX is a couple tics faster than my Acura, but it seems to be a driver's race when the two go head to head. Well, finally beat a WRX made my day.......now I just gotta work on smoking Mustangs
    good race, but dont get to excited. Most stock wrx's will walk you from a dig. The highway is your wrx playground, you have a much better chance up top.

Nice work!

A WRX will generally walk a RSX from a light. The RSX's only hope is rolling and the WRX better be near stock{IHMO}. I have a modded RSX Type S and it is a fun ride! I think the RSX 6 speed SHIFTER is far superior to the STi's. It is very short and snicky. I never miss a shift in the Acura. I imagine part of reason is that I usually have to shift twice as fast in the STi.
    2004 STi

Nice run!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You have any wheel hop launching thatRSX?
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    good run.

BTW, smoking mustangs isnt too far out of your reach...just make sure you know which ones are in your league...They run everything from 12s to 15s bone stock (v8 ones) so just take on the slower ones!
    2003 SRT-4

Good kill.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Re: Me vs. a WRX (i finally beat one!)

Originally posted by Matts Type S

Good kill matt, see you back on club rsx.
    02 Wrx

SBW
    noice, way to bring one home for the honda team.

Driver's race it was, beat him you did....im tired...

nice kill
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

Re: Re: Me vs. a WRX (i finally beat one!)

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    good race, but dont get to excited. Most stock wrx's will walk you from a dig. The highway is your wrx playground, you have a much better chance up top.
    Dude's got enough mods to give a stock WRX major problems from a dig. People are hitting mid to low 14s with his setup easily.

From a roll, advantage goes to the RSX-S with his mods.

One measely $40 mod for the WRX, and its game over for the RSX-S.

Why is it so difficult to admit this?
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

nice race but i'd say 1sec+ is more than a few tics.

Originally posted by el~sharko
    nice race but i'd say 1sec+ is more than a few tics.
    Really? The best stock WRX times are in the mid to high 13s?
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.