Me vs. a WRX (i finally beat one!) - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Me vs. a WRX (i finally beat one!) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by el~sharko and you still wouldn't stand a chance. A wrx with a tbe and mbc is capable ...

Originally posted by el~sharko
    and you still wouldn't stand a chance. A wrx with a tbe and mbc is capable of 100+mph 1/4's
    Um...ok. The guy I was talking to, he has a stock Rex. Hence my comment that it would take most N/A bolt-ons to run with him (a STOCK Rex) from a dig.

You brought a modded Rex into the equation. I have already said probably at least once or twice in this thread that once the WRX invests $40 its pretty much game over for the N/A RSX from a dig.

So while your point is true, it is irrelevant to our conversation.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I used to own an 02 RSX-S, and i have an 04 WRX sedan right now with a turboback. with just a catback in the wrx i ran a best of 14.4. in my Type-S the best i ever pulled was a 15.4 with an average run of about 15.6. so stock for stock (i hope everyone else agrees that a catback is close enough to stock) its deffinatly more than a few ticks difference. And from a roll i deffinatly pulled on my friends 03 Type-S with i/e and cam gears from like 55-80 when my car was totaly stock.

nice....

hey Matts Type S i raced ur buddy down_shift....Sat night. I wasn't trying but I still had him....I was just listening to his wheel chirp through 1st-3rd gear
    New England F4
    Syms Racing Team
    13.3 @ 101.43

Originally posted by MasterLok
    nice....

hey Matts Type S i raced ur buddy down_shift....Sat night. I wasn't trying but I still had him....I was just listening to his wheel chirp through 1st-3rd gear

Type S with comptech ice box/cat back and a accessory pulley kit vs a WRX wit some nifty mods.. Obviously Billy kills me haha.

Billy's my boy. We got way back. Let us set an example, we drive an rsx and a wrx... and we don't hate each other lol. So you guys play nice.

Yea... you should've seen everyone's faces when I did a nice burn out 1st through 2nd lol.. finally got traction hahaha... I've noticed that the wrx loses most of its beasty torque up in the high speeds though. But I'm still pretty slow right now!

Btw- Hello C-wrx!!

Down_Shift....slacker! Get back to work!!!

Matts Type S - we (w/Down_Shift) need to get a friendly get together sometime.
    New England F4
    Syms Racing Team
    13.3 @ 101.43

Originally posted by 04wrx4keeps
    I used to own an 02 RSX-S, and i have an 04 WRX sedan right now with a turboback. with just a catback in the wrx i ran a best of 14.4. in my Type-S the best i ever pulled was a 15.4 with an average run of about 15.6. so stock for stock (i hope everyone else agrees that a catback is close enough to stock) its deffinatly more than a few ticks difference. And from a roll i deffinatly pulled on my friends 03 Type-S with i/e and cam gears from like 55-80 when my car was totaly stock.
    Well, a 15.6 as your average really isn't that good nor should it be considered to be average for a well-driven RSX-S.

but I still agree with you, the WRX typically beats a RSX-S from a dig by about 1/2 of a second.

Question: cam gears on an RSX-S? WTF? Did you mean "cams" like ITR cams or something? I am confused as I've never heard anyone with a K20A2 put cam gears in their engine. You could do that with the old B series, but its not something you typically would do with the K20A2. You might get aftermarket cams, but then you'd need the proper Hondata program to run them...or they'd basically be irrelevant.

ya i raced a rsx type s one time. At the first light i reved my engine and he didn't do anything not even a look so i figured he wasn't gonna race. then light turns green and he takes off so fast and i couldn't catch up. Then i saw him at the next traffic light and i look over. Dude is laughing to himself, so i said F*** that and i actually launched. It was all over then. Dude was eating dust...
    04 WRX STI w/mods

str
    I think track times and street driving are very different from numbers and things we read in Car and Driver. When they test these cars, they are professional drivers that know what they are doing and I don't think it really relates to us running at the track let alone a street race which is completley different. Unfortuntley, I have yet to see a RSX at the track run better than high 14's, that's with mods too. Most WRX's are running low 14's with an MBC with the occasional one breaking into the 13's. I have seen one with just an MBC and upipe run a 13.3 though. Fastest one I have seen so far. Most RSX I have seen were in the 15's. On the street, I've heard much differently, especialy from a roll. However the RSX's I have raced I beat from a roll and a stop with little probelm. Yeah the RSX starts to pull and make up some ground at about 80mph but I don't usualy race on the street past that speed anyway. By then it's a few cars back and I consider the race to be over. Since my Forester feels a little faster than my Rex I'm not going to sweat over an RSX when it pulls next to me.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Originally posted by str
    Since my Forester feels a little faster than my Rex I'm not going to sweat over an RSX when it pulls next to me.
    I wouldn't sweat too many either in the Forrester. High 13 second car, not too many RSX's that can hang. But as I've said time and time again, guys with my mods can hit low 14s, high 13s. Maybe not specifically in your area, but there are countless slips to back that up.

I still don't think you'd have a problem with a car like mine from a stop - from a roll, it would be more interesting since we can trap around 100mph.

Ah well, I've said the same thing over and over again and I'm an RSX owner, but apparently that isn't good enough for these debates.

str
    I'm not to sure about the high 13's. Like I said, it always seems to be a little off of what the magzines and reviews say. Is it possible for an RSX to beat a WRX, of course and I'm sure there are RSX's that run 13's, just not around where I live. I actualy test drove one a few years ago before I bought my WRX. The interior was immpresive, but I wanted a little more peformance at the time so I went with the Rex. It was quicker than it felt. It didn't seem like I was accelerating hard until I looked at the speedometer.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Originally posted by str
    It didn't seem like I was accelerating hard until I looked at the speedometer.
    No torque will do that to ya Its deceptive, that's all I can say really.

str
    Yeah it doesn't really start to pull until you get the rpms way up, just like in the S2000. My buddy has a Prelude with all sorts of mods and it doesn't start pulling until the rpms are at like 5000 but you can wind out every gear till like 8500. I guess that's when the vtec kicks in.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Originally posted by str
    Yeah it doesn't really start to pull until you get the rpms way up, just like in the S2000. My buddy has a Prelude with all sorts of mods and it doesn't start pulling until the rpms are at like 5000 but you can wind out every gear till like 8500. I guess that's when the vtec kicks in.
    Yea, with my Hondata program, vtec kicks in at 5200rpms and fuel cuts off at 8600rpms. In essence, the only time you're NOT in vtec during a racing session is in first gear from launch till vtec engages. For me with my crappy all season stock tires, I have to launch at about 3500rpms. So you figure I'm not in vtec for all of 1700rpms throughout the entire race.

I run 15.2 stock average.

Haven't run it yet wit the new toys, especially the big power getters that i just got in =\

str
    I should get a pic of my friends Prelude, it's real sweet looking. He dosen' run it at the track or anything, just a hobby for him. It has major suspension upgrades and takes corners like it owns them.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123