Me vs. a WRX (i finally beat one!) - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Me vs. a WRX (i finally beat one!) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; wrx= 14.1-14.6 1/4 mile times rsx-s=14.9-15.6 this is what ive seen in mags seems to me liek .8 to more ...

wrx= 14.1-14.6 1/4 mile times
    rsx-s=14.9-15.6

this is what ive seen in mags seems to me liek .8 to more then a second depending on driver.

so if you beat a stock wrx with all those mods, how bad did you lose to a stock rex when you were stock.......

ive seen 13.9x in a hondata #4 and supporting mods on D.Rs
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by SBW
    noice, way to bring one home for the honda team.

Driver's race it was, beat him you did....im tired...
    Fear leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.
    -Andrew

Of course you beat him your calipers are painted red!! thats like 90 HP right there. it also reduce's drag cause is smooths out the surface!!!!!!

dude im Jk nice kill

Originally posted by ellinopedo182
    wrx= 14.1-14.6 1/4 mile times
    rsx-s=14.9-15.6

this is what ive seen in mags seems to me liek .8 to more then a second depending on driver.

so if you beat a stock wrx with all those mods, how bad did you lose to a stock rex when you were stock.......

ive seen 13.9x in a hondata #4 and supporting mods on D.Rs
    Was anyone talking about stock v. stock? 99% of RSX owners know that from a stop, stock v. stock, its no contest.

You slap the simple bolt-ons on the RSX-S and we "can" win from a dig. However, you slap a $40 mod on your car and its game over. I don't know why its so hard for BOTH parties to acknowledge that simple fact.

BTW, the guy that ran 13.9 didn't do it on DR's so please stop spreading misinformation. DR's don't even fit on our stock wheel/brake/rotor setup. You have to go to Base breaks and 15" DR's to make it work. The guy that hit 13.9 with CAI + Hondata was running Falken Azenis which are NOT DR's.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

the rsx when looking at it from the front look like little mice

edgar,
    im an x-honda polite ... bought a wrx cause honda is a sell out!
    bl/tz

nice kill. I lost to a few lightly modded Type S's when i was stock....only from a roll though, never raced one from a dig.

str
    I've many RSX-Type S down at the track when I had my WRX Wagon, some stock and some heavily moded. Best time I ever saw was high 14's. I ran against a stock one when all I had was an MBC and I ran a 14.2 and he ran a 15.3 or something. It looked like he was about 6 cars back. I posted a few days ago about my first encounter with an RSX in my new Forester. We all know how that went.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Originally posted by str
    I've many RSX-Type S down at the track when I had my WRX Wagon, some stock and some heavily moded. Best time I ever saw was high 14's. I ran against a stock one when all I had was an MBC and I ran a 14.2 and he ran a 15.3 or something. It looked like he was about 6 cars back. I posted a few days ago about my first encounter with an RSX in my new Forester. We all know how that went.
    Heavily modded? What does that mean?

Your track also looks like it runs slow since according to most people on this site, a WRX with MBC and little supporting mods should break into the 13s. Stock, people say WRX's can run low 14s.

I don't know what your point is exactly though. There are quite a few RSX's in the low, low 14s with minor bolt-ons and Hondata. And your Forrester is a high 13 second car

Hey nice kill,
    That was a really good write-up of how you wrote your kill story. Sounds like you've got some nice mods. People, I don't believe, are trying to attack the Type-S's power, its just always a sore point when we hear that one of our fellow WRX's got beat from a dig especially when its by a car thats closely matched to a stock Rex like yours. I'll be cocky with the rest of the guys though and say that you should try someone like me with turboback and an MBC

Again, Nice Kill
    Easy Street WRX in Avatar.

Originally posted by PlatNmRex
    I'll be cocky with the rest of the guys though and say that you should try someone like me with turboback and an MBC

From a dig, assuming you are a good driver, 95% of RSX-S's will nto stand a chance against your WRX.

It would take all the N/A bolt-ons to run with you from a dig IMO.

hey smokey where not even talking about the same guy bro....anyways i wasnt bashing im saing that... dude said ticks slower then the rex well he mabey ticks slower then a rex with his hondata 4...but that means many ticks stock, but anyways where talking about two different people and he was running drag radials, bfgoodwrich or some **** like taht all he had where liek three swiggaly lines on the tire you know what im saying....not familiar with drs due to, not having much of a traction problem with my 4eat.......but this was a blue rsx-s, from my where abouts. so smokey i wasnt trying to bash or anything...
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

I think a honda RS-X would be an exactly equal race from a roll starting at 40 - 60 to 100

from a dig the rex should win with the launch and strong first.

peace!
    04 WRX Black no options!
    Helix up/downpipe, HKS catback & Bov, autometer gauges and MRT shortshifter, Bronze Rota SDRs, UTEC, tein SS coilovers, HKS type1 turbo timer, 6000K HIDs, JDM spec C front/rear lips, 20% tint
    to be installed: Mines Spoiler

I personally like the rsx-type s but your comment on never missing a shift and how your tranny is superior to the sti is way off. I've seen and heard about so many toasted motors because the the gears are to close. ex. shifting into 5th at 8000rpms and getting 3rd at 10000rpms or so. Maybe its the motor but it sounds like overreving is a problem.
    2004 psm WRX

Originally posted by smokey
    From a dig, assuming you are a good driver, 95% of RSX-S's will nto stand a chance against your WRX.

It would take all the N/A bolt-ons to run with you from a dig IMO.
    and you still wouldn't stand a chance. A wrx with a tbe and mbc is capable of 100+mph 1/4's

rsx's are a dime a dozen around here.
    1967 Camaro
    2002 WRX SOLD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.