Thank God for Cold!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Thank God for Cold!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Last week when it was below zero in MN, I raced a V-8 firebird and beat it by about 1 ...

Smile Thank God for Cold!!

Last week when it was below zero in MN, I raced a V-8 firebird and beat it by about 1 to 2 car length to 60. Luckly i stopped their otherwise he would have spanked me. I didn't even really launch, only a 3k launch to give him a little lead to make sure he was racing.

I didn't find out till later it was a V8 when I asked someone how you can tell the difference between the 6's and 8's, i had assumed at the time it was a 6 cause the dual exhaust looked kinda cheasy. If i would have known it was a 8 i would have launched and got a jump off the line.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    the v6s usually say firebird on them.
    2003 SRT-4

IMO it's lame to slow down so quickly. That's not even a race.

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    the v6s usually say firebird on them.
    Yeah, the V8s say Formula or Trans Am (In raised letter on the sides and on the back by the Firebird emblem. I have seen some Formulae with large Formula stickers above the reaer bumber as well). I think between '93 and '97 the V6s has hubcaps (looked like stars but swirled to simulate motion) and the V8s had rims (with the WS6s and the WU6s getting 17" and the others getting 16"). I think that after '97 all Firebird trim levels had rims, but I could be wrong because I don't see that many V6 ones around here. There are probably other differences that I am unaware of or that I am missing.

I Support ClubWRX
    The firebirds also had plain taillamps, and the trans-am's had checkered/honeycomb type taillamps.

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    Originally posted by trainrex
    The firebirds also had plain taillamps, and the trans-am's had checkered/honeycomb type taillamps.
    I think all '93-'97 Firebird models had plain tail lights. All '98+ models had honeycomb tail lights.

I Support ClubWRX
    93-97 had checkered or plain, 98 and newer had honeycomb or plain

Nice kill! Up to 60 on the streets is usually enough, and going beyond brings up a much greater risk when in public. Nothing lame when it comes to backing off, especially if the situation calls for some common sense to finally prevail.

And yes, the Honeycomb taillights are on all 98 V6 and V8 Firebirds/Formulas/Transams. The rear section with the "screaming chicken" says Firebird even on the Formulas. 93-97 and Formulas were blank in that area between the taillights. Many Formula owners will replace that with a custom decal to read "Formula", unless it's someone who enjoys the sleeper look, or some guy who has a completely stock car and couldn't care less either way. The TransAms all say TransAm in that area. Dual exhaust is usually a hint that it's a V8, but the V6's had the option also. The raised lettering on the front of the doors is sometimes the only way to know for sure (aside from hearing the engine, or seeing a 13 second timeslip... ).

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

The Trans Ams with LT1 and LS1 also had a raised spoiler... and dual chrome exhaust. The V6's usually sit higher in stance too, where as the V8's have a sportier suspension. the list goes on, but those are major details about them. Just thought i would add to what everyone said.
    Nothing worse than a Mustang driver's ego. ( I very much dislike Mustangs )

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.