LOST to an srt-4(does the wrx stock turbo suck?) - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on LOST to an srt-4(does the wrx stock turbo suck?) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have Both the SRT and EVO Now, and Yes I walked out with the EVO for ,000. I got ...

Like This

I have Both the SRT and EVO Now, and Yes I walked out with the EVO for $28,000. I got Lucky, and my Bonus from work really helped
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You have GOT to be single...
    Or you bought the Evo under the auspices of your wife getting one of the cars!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

AWESOME!

As much as I love my WRX, I would get an EVO over an STi. The price difference, the modability, and the styling are just more to my liking. Also, having a turbo hangin RIGHT off the manifold is always nice.....

Re: Like This

Originally posted by SRT THIS
    I have Both the SRT and EVO Now, and Yes I walked out with the EVO for $28,000. I got Lucky, and my Bonus from work really helped
    You are one lucky mo-fo!!

Good luck with them and have fun!!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Thanks

I'm not married, but I have a girlfriend of 2yrs and she has her own car, so she ain't touching mines My Drive way looks nice now and I'll try to take pics as soon as I figure out how to put them on here.
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

Re: Thanks

Originally posted by SRT THIS
    I'm not married, but I have a girlfriend of 2yrs and she has her own car, so she ain't touching mines My Drive way looks nice now and I'll try to take pics as soon as I figure out how to put them on here.
    You got the right idea....."girlfriend"!! Keep it that way and you'll have lots of toys.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Nice. An EVO and and SRT4? That's it. I'm getting divorced. OK so while I respect SRT4s, they're really not for me. Last November during the last races of the season at the local 1320 I lined up against an SRT4 expecting to get whooped. All I had at the time was a boost controller running maybe an extra pound of boost. He ran a 14.3 and I ran a 14.2. After the race I asked him what happened and he said "what do you mean?" I told him I thought I'd get beat and he said the best run he'd ever had in his SRT4, which was completely stock, was a 14.1. Now is he a bad driver or is that normal? I thought they were 13-second cars - like 13.7 or 13.8s.

Tony

Yo

I think he was a bad driver because I raced a stock 03 SRT4 w/ my old 2002 WRX w/ up, dp, cb, UTEC @ 16psi and I would hold him off till the end of 3rd. I know a stock SRT4 will beat the WRX in the 1/4 mile assuming good drivers.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtony
    Nice. An EVO and and SRT4? That's it. I'm getting divorced. OK so while I respect SRT4s, they're really not for me. Last November during the last races of the season at the local 1320 I lined up against an SRT4 expecting to get whooped. All I had at the time was a boost controller running maybe an extra pound of boost. He ran a 14.3 and I ran a 14.2. After the race I asked him what happened and he said "what do you mean?" I told him I thought I'd get beat and he said the best run he'd ever had in his SRT4, which was completely stock, was a 14.1. Now is he a bad driver or is that normal? I thought they were 13-second cars - like 13.7 or 13.8s.

Tony
    A friend of mine has an srt-4 with mopar performance ecu, bigger injectors, wastegate actuator, catback exhaust, mbc, and running slicks and his best run was i think like a 13.7@100. Now he aint the best driver but hes a fairly decent one. The track we run at sucks though. ive seen stock ones go around 14.4-15.2 @94-98 depending if they were 03 or 04.

This thread is old.

holy thread from the dead batman. put it back in the grave.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

I Support ClubWRX
    Seems to be one of the classic newcomer errors; responding to ancient threads as if they were still thriving.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

the srt-4 has teh same turbo as the wrx. I think its just the fast it has FWD that it can pull better top end. It also has a 2.4L
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

I will admit.... I have done it before while in an intense late night search. You pull up and old thread and just go to throw a comment in and sure enough.... Its an old one.

Quote Originally Posted by STiguy
    the srt-4 has teh same turbo as the wrx. I think its just the fast it has FWD that it can pull better top end. It also has a 2.4L

more displacement
    lighter

and I could have sworn the turbo was bigger. Our tiny little snail couldn't push 12psi at redline on that thing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.