LOST to an srt-4(does the wrx stock turbo suck?) - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on LOST to an srt-4(does the wrx stock turbo suck?) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ya I think so. I'm not pro but the SRT has a TD04LR-16Gk turbo. But has a larger compresor housing ...

Ya I think so. I'm not pro but the SRT has a TD04LR-16Gk turbo. But has a larger compresor housing so makes more top end.

I'm certainly no expert on the subject, but I know there are some differences that make the SRT turbo a little more laggy but more powerful.
    '02 Silver WRX
    - PDX Tuned Stage 2.5 w/ APS FMIC, ACT Street clutch & flywheel

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i dont wanna stir up any bs with anyone, but i have to respond to the comment of "awd robbing power", and the concept of awd hurting top end power and/or speed...yes awd may have more drivetrain losses than a fwd car, BUT, that in no way is suddenly going to make itself evident only at highway speeds..the reason that wrx's get a bad rap for top end power is that they're saddled with a puny whack mitsu turbo and are corked up with hella emissions controls..uncork the cats and exhaust and tune a bigger turbo properly with the right mods and the car is a highway mauler....srt 4's are quick..im beating them at all speeds now, but i'd get my ass handed to me stock for stock..gotta give props where props are due..

Originally posted by ebbtide
    True, but it is the better comparison of which *car* is faster, though not which *driver* is better.
    In a straight line on tarmac big boy. Meet me in the dirt or gravel (or take a lap around a tarmac track for that matter) and we'll see which car is faster.
    1967 Camaro
    2002 WRX SOLD

I love the SRT4, its a huge sleeper... and having a sleeper is a fun experience. But in other than straight line acceleration, the subaru is a superior car.

AWD standard (turbo neon in the snow, forget it)
    REAR LIMITED SLIP
    Better gas milage
    Better crash ratings (Subaru crash victims keep their legs)
    Better handling characteristics (neons pitch the rear)
    POWER REAR WINDOWS.
    6disc stereo

The neon features:
    Badass motor (bigger displacement)
    Better tires
    cool fake metal shifter knob

Its obvious what Dodge wanted to do with this car. Out drag the compacts... It does it

Subaru built a 365 day a year, rain, snow, gravel car
    that gets almost 30mpg, sprints to 60 in 5-6 seconds, sounds great, is fairly reliable, is predictable, moddable, and rides as smooth as an accord.

I am content with my car, i love it and wouldnt give it up for anything other than an EVO or STi, because AWD donuts are seriously some of the most fun things to do in a car
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Originally posted by WRX
    bah, racing from a roll is like m@sturbating. It can be fun, but it's not the real thing.
    good call on the quote by lemonherb.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Correct

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    I love the SRT4, its a huge sleeper... and having a sleeper is a fun experience. But in other than straight line acceleration, the subaru is a superior car.

REAR LIMITED SLIP
    Better gas milage
    POWER REAR WINDOWS.
    6disc stereo

The neon features:
    Better tires

Its obvious what Dodge wanted to do with this car. Out drag the compacts... It does it

that gets almost 30mpg, sprints to 60 in 5-6 seconds, sounds great, is fairly reliable, is predictable, moddable, and rides as smooth as an accord.

I am content with my car, i love it and wouldnt give it up for anything other than an EVO or STi, because AWD donuts are seriously some of the most fun things to do in a car
    You're absolutely right, and can't argue with that. Most of the $20G's went to the Engine and tires, tires costing $220 a piece. When I bought this car, I wasn't all into the racing and handling thing, but once I got into this, man do I Love it. This car is freakin fast from a roll and handles very well for a FWD.

I just added the Eibach anti roll sway bars front and back, but not AWD which is my next car being this Saturday HeHe and yes it will be a White STI but I saw an EVO for $28,500 in Red with 2,300 miles in it yesterday so thats about 4 grand cheaper than the STI and that Extra $4 grand can go for some nice mods in the EVO and don't have to wait to break it in.

So what do you guys think???
    Last edited by SRT THIS; 01-16-2004 at 04:06 AM.
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

Stock for stock, the SRT4 will burn the Subaru on a race course as well as drag strip. If you want to talk mag racing, the SRT4 posts better skidpad & slalom #s as well.

VV

REAR LIMITED SLIP
    Better gas milage
    POWER REAR WINDOWS.
    6disc stereo

The neon features:
    Better tires

skidpad means nothing when you have to be on the throttle around a hairpin.... and im sure there are some rwd cars cursing when they see a subaru kick the tail out, while aout accelerating them. Go ahead, scramble for traction, im already WOT
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Re: Correct

Originally posted by SRT THIS
    I just added the Eibach anti roll sway bars front and back, but not AWD which is my next car being this Saturday HeHe and yes it will be a White STI but I saw an EVO for $28,500 in Red with 2,300 miles in it yesterday so thats about 4 grand cheaper than the STI and that Extra $4 grand can go for some nice mods in the EVO and don't have to wait to break it in.

So what do you guys think???
    Your gonna have so much fun either way. The Evo is built on the most highly moddable 4cyl platform. The subaru STi is a new one, and there arent many mods yet.

It depends on your personal taste, and your goals.. Want an 11 second car, get the EVO. Youll be burying Lots of cars with just a MBC and an AFC.
    Im' a subaru guy, and love the asthetics of the subaru, not to mention the interior furnishings. well actually i hate the wings on both cars... but thats easy to fix.
    Goodluck with your decision, and either way your gonna have 2 kickass cars... im so jealous
    03 MBP WRX Sedan

Notice I didn't say tight autoX

VV

skidpad means nothing when you have to be on the throttle around a hairpin.... and im sure there are some rwd cars cursing when they see a subaru kick the tail out, while aout accelerating them. Go ahead, scramble for traction, im already WOT

Do you own an SRT-4? I have a relatively stock WRX and I am willing to meet you at a tarmac course and I will beat your lap time. Boone isn't that far away from Winston-Salem and there are a few nice tracks around our areas.
    Last edited by ihaveadent; 01-16-2004 at 12:08 PM.
    1967 Camaro
    2002 WRX SOLD

I have a WRX actually. I still have no doubt you would beat my lap times lol

VV

Originally posted by ihaveadent
    Do you own an SRT-4? I have a relatively stock WRX and I am willing to meet you at a tarmac course and I will beat your lap time. Boone isn't that far away from Winston-Salem and there are a few nice tracks around our areas.

I GOT IT

Well Guys I ended up getting the EVO not that I don't like Subaru, But I just got a better deal and walked out the door with it for $28,000 even. I was able to drop the $500 they had on it and with an interest rate of 3.0%. Payments are 345 a month. Now I can compete rallying with you guys, and have stop light wars without burning out
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

Re: I GOT IT

Well Guys I ended up getting the EVO not that I don't like Subaru, But I just got a better deal and walked out the door with it for $28,000 even. I was able to drop the $500 they had on it and with an interest rate of 3.0%. Payments are 345 a month. Now I can compete rallying with you guys, and have stop light wars without burning out
    Did you trade the SRT-4 in for the EVO or do you have both?
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Re: I GOT IT

Did that 28000 include taxes out the door?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast