Raced an AUDI RS6
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Raced an AUDI RS6 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; wondering if anyone has seen an Audi RS6 running around ...We ran twice from 70 to 130mph...DEAD EVEN..ive never raced ...

Raced an AUDI RS6

wondering if anyone has seen an Audi RS6 running around ...We ran twice from 70 to 130mph...DEAD EVEN..ive never raced a car that was exactly keeping pace like that..he flashed me to pull over and was like.."THATS NOT STOCK" ..i laughed and said, of course not...I was happy to hang with it, given its doin 12.8 at 108mph stock, 450hp twin turbo v8....he was an older dude, but he was hella cool though...
    Last edited by STLWRX69; 01-19-2004 at 11:55 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    What the hell do you have done to your car?!? A WRX would need absolutely massive, insane power to take that on, especially at those speeds.

I think if I were to race - or even just see an RS-6 there wouldn't be enough blood in my hands and feet to do the steering and clutching...

RS-6 = my dream car with four-doors.

EDIT: I see your mods look pretty good...err...I guess it's possible.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

i was shocked too..im running a txs stage 4 setup with a IHI VF34, 4 inch down pipe, catless JDM uppipe, borla headers, blitz sus intake, and APS huge bar and plate TMIC, im runnin totally catless right now as well...ron at Axis dyno tuned it to approx 301hp, the audi obviously puts out more but it weights over 1000 lbs more too...the difference is, im grublin and growlin and bouncin around and he's doin it in the lap of luxury with an auto, they dont come with manuals...I LOVE that car though, but my dream for now is the e55,,,oh, ive beaten teh new m5's and M3's as well, the M5 put up a better fight than the M3 which kind of disappointed me....

I got a ride in a Sportec Tuned RS6 from AutoSport Werks...

With just a chip and factory tuned exhaust it was putting down over 530 HP. It was just insane and sounded so good! The V8 in a sedan like that was just such a sleeper and odd sound from that car...I LOVED IT! Perhaps I will pickone up in about 10 years when I can afford it used..or better yet...the 2005 RS4....droool!

Audi guy if you cant tell ;-)

92' Audi UrS4 (Lots of mods :-))

without a doubt, audi's have HUUUUGE potential..my bro has a 2002 s4, and it could be a monster with minimal mods...that rs4 would be awesome..please tell me theyre not stuffing that twin turbo v8 in the s4?? that would ROCK@

suby guy that gives mad props to audis

The "new" M5 you're talkin about won't be the new one for much longer. For the '05 model year the M5 will have the same body style as the new 5-series along with a v10 under the hood that i guess pushes over 500 hp, not sure about the toruque. Insane!
    2004 Silver WRX

oh, i know..that new m5 is goin to be insane..v10 with tons of hp and torque..u cant mess with those crazy germans...its tough to pony up that kind of $$$ tho...

Originally posted by STLWRX69
    without a doubt, audi's have HUUUUGE potential..my bro has a 2002 s4, and it could be a monster with minimal mods...that rs4 would be awesome..please tell me theyre not stuffing that twin turbo v8 in the s4?? that would ROCK@

suby guy that gives mad props to audis
    I think it is going to be a 3.2 L V6 Bi-Turbo at 420 HP stock...but those are just rumours. As for your brothers 2002 S4..hell ya..I had a 2001.5 S4 for about 1.5 years and loved it..just too $$ for me to mod to the state I wanted to...check out the article in European Car. They did S4 Challenge which was pretty cool!
    http://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/1492696.phtml

A stock STi can hang with an RS6 from a roll. So a VF34 WRX would have no problem.

stock sti's arent doing hi 12's at 108mph though....

Originally posted by Mili727
    A stock STi can hang with an RS6 from a roll. So a VF34 WRX would have no problem.
    I cant say I have seen or heard of enough Audi RS6 vs. STI from a roll stories to concur. 450 HP vs. 300 HP...sure the Audi is heavier at 4024 vs 3086 lbs and an Tip..but seems a bit of a stretch. Especially if you are talking triple digit speeds...

RS6 0-100 10.7 sec
    STI 0-100 12.5 sec
    Last edited by cpayne; 01-11-2004 at 05:41 PM.

Ha, too bad a whole club of people saw the race go down.

Whatever I dont care if you believe me, you guys have to stop going by magazine figures. Factor in other things.

Mili727: A stock STi can hang with an RS6 from a roll. So a VF34 WRX would have no problem.

Ummm, Not really. 0-60 is about where the STi can 'Keep up' with that monster. After 60mph its over for the STi so from a 70-130mph roll, i find it real hard to believe an STi would stand a chance. Those are RS6s are total monsters as is the E55 from a roll.

My uncle has an RS6 which i have driven and it is extreeeeeeeeeeemly fast , and having driven and driven in both the RS6 and the STi, i can honestly say an RS6 should have no problem winning a race comfortably. Plus a stg 4 WRX is probably faster then a STi if im not mistaken?!

Either way, STLWRX69 should be very proud of his WRX for hanging with an RS6, Congrats to you!
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.

Originally posted by Mili727
    Ha, too bad a whole club of people saw the race go down.

Whatever I dont care if you believe me, you guys have to stop going by magazine figures. Factor in other things.
    Please let me know who this "whole club of people" are as I cant image that there are too many RS6 owners out at 11 at night in the warehouse district street racing for their lunch money. Also please let me know what these other things are that I should factor in with 2 "stock" cars going at it head to head..w/ the Audi being a Tip?

Here is what I have found...

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast