Raced an AUDI RS6 - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Raced an AUDI RS6 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; actually an rs6 ownes an m3 all the way even from a roll we haved raced plenty of m3s with ...

actually an rs6 ownes an m3 all the way even from a roll we haved raced plenty of m3s with a astock rs6 and went by them 1-2 carlengths and still pulling. the video m5.com posted was a modded m3 despite what they said. plus i am assuming that the auto forester and the auo wrx are the same quick. if u put a chip and exhaust like i did in the rs6 its pretty hard to modd and sti to stay up with it of course u can do it like nitrous or change the turbos but then u have to empty youre pocket

and dead pool if anything porche took the rs6 engine because audi had the 4.2 V8 since i think 1999. and when you are starting from a roll wieght doesnt make that much difference from a roll spcially at high speeds.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ive raced them both, an an rs6 will smoke an m3 from a roll...i'd say a good 3 to 5 cars from 60 to 110...the m3 is not that much lighter and has nowhere near the torque or HP of an rs6

plenty of videos around of rs6 getting owned by stock m3 off a roll...its been done over and over again

Originally posted by STLWRX69
    ive raced them both, an an rs6 will smoke an m3 from a roll...i'd say a good 3 to 5 cars from 60 to 110...the m3 is not that much lighter and has nowhere near the torque or HP of an rs6
    Correct me if im wrong but the M3 is close to 3400lbs, while the RS6 is over 4000.

Also AudiRS6, weight dose play a significant role in any form of racing even from a roll, don't fool yourself by thinking otherwise.

-John
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

awd hurts the audi too.

M3 makes 290 at the wheels, the RS6 makes 335 at the wheels.
    Look at the weight differences, and do the math in your head... the audi should probably get walked from a roll.
    Last edited by MidnightFLAT4; 03-13-2004 at 06:09 PM.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

am i on crack or are we talking about 2 different cars? the rs6 i know of on this planet makes 450hp at the crank. i could be wrong, but i have an m3 and trust me ill get owned. weight is not nearly as much of a factor when its already in motion.

Originally posted by POLAR
    am i on crack or are we talking about 2 different cars? the rs6 i know of on this planet makes 450hp at the crank. i could be wrong, but i have an m3 and trust me ill get owned. weight is not nearly as much of a factor when its already in motion.

You're correct about both things.
    Scott in Houston

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by audirs6
    hi i am new from this board and i just found this thread coming from an owner of an rs6 i can tell u true facts.

first of all my stock rs6 ran 13.4@105 and btw the rs6 runs 12.8-13.00 but my turbos were heated up from a long 2 hour drive to the track. i have seen plenty of stock sti's and have not seen one of them come to these numbers (stock sti i am talking about)
    hmmmm...welcome to my world.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    awd hurts the audi too.

M3 makes 290 at the wheels, the RS6 makes 320 at the crank.
    Look at the weight differences, and do the math in your head... the audi should probably get schooled from a roll.

320? Where do you get your numbers?

http://www.audiusa.com/model_preview...200321,00.html

Ok here we go

M3:

Weight - 3458lbs
    HP - 333
    TQ - 262

RS-6:

Weight - 4056
    HP - 450
    TQ - 415
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

Originally posted by POLAR

Sorry but do you own an E46 M3? because the E46 Pw3nd's all other M3s. New M3 >>> RS6 at highway speed.
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

Originally posted by STLWRX69
    i was shocked too..im running a txs stage 4 setup with a IHI VF34, 4 inch down pipe, catless JDM uppipe, borla headers, blitz sus intake, and APS huge bar and plate TMIC, im runnin totally catless right now as well...ron at Axis dyno tuned it to approx 301hp, the audi obviously puts out more but it weights over 1000 lbs more too...the difference is, im grublin and growlin and bouncin around and he's doin it in the lap of luxury with an auto, they dont come with manuals...I LOVE that car though, but my dream for now is the e55,,,oh, ive beaten teh new m5's and M3's as well, the M5 put up a better fight than the M3 which kind of disappointed me....
    IMO, Audi has surpassed BMW for luxury road rockets. The S4, RS4, and RS6 are simply amazing vehicles. I'm hoping the Saabaru 92X does well, so we see more LIGHT luxury vehicles with AWD. No matter how much power and brakes you put on a car, you can only get so much traction with a heavy machine and the fuel economy always suffers.

-Jim

Originally posted by audirs6
    and dead pool if anything porche took the rs6 engine because audi had the 4.2 V8 since i think 1999. and when you are starting from a roll wieght doesnt make that much difference from a roll spcially at high speeds.
    You couldn't be more wrong. The faster you go, the more important weight becomes.

Momentum = Mass * Velocity

Energy = Mass * Velocity ^2

Aerodynamics come into significant play at 80mph also.

-Jim

Originally posted by Hipswnger2
    Sorry but do you own an E46 M3? because the E46 Pw3nd's all other M3s. New M3 >>> RS6 at highway speed.
    RS6>>>> New M3 in all aspects

0 to 100 times :

m3: 12.3
    rs6: 10.7

advantage audi...

the margin would be greater if the bmw was an auto...

too bad u can't get an rs6 in that Aquafresh toothpaste blue m3 color....i think that color looks extra tight on the e46's

ps: u can't go wrong with either car

does anyone know if they're going to make the Lexus IS430??

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast