Raced an AUDI RS6 - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Raced an AUDI RS6 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Indeed there is... i dont know if i'd say very soon tho. Maybe in about 2 years. ZM4 roadster is ...

Indeed there is... i dont know if i'd say very soon tho. Maybe in about 2 years. ZM4 roadster is coming soon though.

I went to the dealership to check out the 6 series... those things are baaaad. The M6... i might throwup. They were considering an M7... but that idea got scrapped.
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

so anybody can answer my question did anybody see what the 04 forester xt runs sitck or automatic i think the stick one is slightly faster than the wrx

Originally posted by audirs6
    so anybody can answer my question did anybody see what the 04 forester xt runs sitck or automatic i think the stick one is slightly faster than the wrx
    I will answer after you show me pics of your car and let me drive it for an hour or two

Originally posted by 2001S4
    I will answer after you show me pics of your car and let me drive it for an hour or two
    which one the rs6 is not mine
    but the subaru is a family car i drive it most of the time. ill race ya though

Forrester XT manual is listed as 0-60 in 5.3
    Stock wrx 5sp is listed 5.4

Dont know the $0.25 times tho
    All show and no go . . .

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)

Originally posted by Hipswnger2
    Forrester XT manual is listed as 0-60 in 5.3
    Stock wrx 5sp is listed 5.4

Dont know the $0.25 times tho
    im talking in the 1/4 like 3 mph difference
    i think .3 second difference in the 1/4 well thats how it came out on the magazines but dont know on the track how it runs. never heard of anybody going to the track with this car

another reason should be slightly faster is because the forester is lighter and has more torque and i heard (and probably makes sense) that they rated the forester 210hp while the wrx is 227 that the forester has the same 227hp as the wrx just cant rate it at that making there suv the same hp as there car.

anyway to see a suv, wagon whatever u like to call it stay with u in the wrx its pretty dam good

oh and btw did u ever take youre bimmer to the track curious to see what those things run.

damn, theres probaly only a handful these on the streets right now, or ever probaly, and were already getting runs in? its like runnin into a viper, even if you do, its prolly some old guy whos not gonna run you. an STI will drown just trying to keep up> on the freeway the gearing an displacement will take over. your putting the Subarus weakness up against the audis strength, so no way, sti+freeway equals slow. srt4 outruns it from there, so your saying a turbo neon smokes audis flagship $80k car, or however much it costs. your prolly thinkin of an s4 wich would still be a close run.

oh and btw did u ever take youre bimmer to the track curious to see what those things run.
    Nay on that one... always too scared to for some reason...

Maybe ill get out there this summer and see what she can do.
    They are listed as running about13 flat stock... maybe dip below, who knows.
    All show and no go . . .

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)

car and driver had the forester xt manual running 13.7 stock..

i dont understand, doesnt the forester have more weight an only run 210hp? im prolly wrong on the power figure then.

i dont understand either but heres a good comparison site

http://www.car-videos.com/performanc...?ID1=3&ID2=277

enjoy....by the way....if u notice the forester xt's 30-50 time in 2nd gear....1.97....the new m3's do that in 1.9...forester xt is sick!!!!.....also notice the wrx top end is better than foresters

no the foresters wieght is less than the wrx

all i know is that we raced a stock audi a6 2.7t automatic and it runs high 14s and we raced it with the forester (btw its auto so its alot slower than manual) and the forester was pulling alot not alot of car lengths but was pulling a good 1-2 car lengths from 40-85. those things could be worked on also like youre wrxs

i might do some mods cobbs is coming out with chip and upgrade turbo and exhaust and most probably suspension work because those things handle like an suv so u wrxs have that advantage.

Ike
    no the foresters wieght is less than the wrx

all i know is that we raced a stock audi a6 2.7t automatic and it runs high 14s and we raced it with the forester (btw its auto so its alot slower than manual) and the forester was pulling alot not alot of car lengths but was pulling a good 1-2 car lengths from 40-85. those things could be worked on also like youre wrxs

i might do some mods cobbs is coming out with chip and upgrade turbo and exhaust and most probably suspension work because those things handle like an suv so u wrxs have that advantage.
    No it's not, it weighs less than the STi but not the WRX. It is also underated from the factory, for those that have not realized it yet, and is making close to 240 at the crank. 1/4 times if you consider the best time from C&D are .2 second apart. So in the realworld it's prettymuch a driver race with a little edge to the XT, unless you have the auto in which case the WRX has the advantage.

FYI - The RS-6 is sporting a Porsche engine

The RS-6 uses the exact same engine found in the Cayenne Turbo, which is also the reason why it's a tiptronic tranny (using parts from the bin etc).

Also M3 owners have been able to take the RS-6 from a roll on the highway, the RS-6 is just too heavy despite it's power. But then you go grab a chip and exhaust and wave goodbye .
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

Originally posted by complexx
    firstly 1000 pounds is a lot of extra weight to lug around. Think HP per pound.

STI 100 HP per 1000 lb. = 1 HP / 10 lb

RS6 110 HP per 1000 lb. = 1.1 HP / 10 lb

Even race.

Note these numbers do not consider passenger weight.

*Edit

By the way, there is going to be an M6 very soon for you guys/gals to drool over.
    And we need to also consider the tranny, stick owns auto.
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.