Raced an AUDI RS6 - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Raced an AUDI RS6 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by cpayne Hearsay Dude, who are you? Why would he lie? Also, On the Audis...the turbo ones tend ...

Originally posted by cpayne
    Hearsay
    Dude, who are you? Why would he lie?

Also, On the Audis...the turbo ones tend to be sick. My friends S4 chip added 60hp and 100trq, I cant imagine what happens when its on a v8.
    I created my avatar.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

damn. RS6's are freakin' cruise missles.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Saw an RS6 my last time at the track, he was running 12.5's, absolutely gorgeous car!!! I tried to get lined up with him, but it never worked out, lucky for him
    '02 Dakota 5.9 R/T
    Intercooled Novi-2K

Originally posted by bad360rt
    Saw an RS6 my last time at the track, he was running 12.5's, absolutely gorgeous car!!! I tried to get lined up with him, but it never worked out, lucky for him
    I was skeptical of your claim as I glanced at your avatar, then I saw your signature.

"I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Originally posted by Trailboss
    I was skeptical of your claim as I glanced at your avatar, then I saw your signature.

Yeah, I get that a lot I love it, nothing like the shock factor of a fast truck
    '02 Dakota 5.9 R/T
    Intercooled Novi-2K

hi i am new from this board and i just found this thread coming from an owner of an rs6 i can tell u true facts.

first of all my stock rs6 ran 13.4@105 and btw the rs6 runs 12.8-13.00 but my turbos were heated up from a long 2 hour drive to the track. i have seen plenty of stock sti's and have not seen one of them come to these numbers (stock sti i am talking about) ive heard of regular wrx's get high 13s but they kill there car they launch it at 7000rpm and btw i have not seen one of these yet. if the rs6 had stick it would go into 11s by doing that.

you all probably going to tell me that the magazines got the sti trapping at 105 but the magazines trap speed and the dragstrip trap speed is different (the magazines got the rs6 to trap at 108-109). and the reason i am talking about trap speed because thats how you know how fast youre cars is from a roll speacially after 110. oh ya and btw we got a chip and exhaust and ran 12.4@112 .

P.S. i have a forester xt dis anybosy see those things run at the track tell u the truth we ran with my moms 03 audi 2.7t and the forester beat it and here is the funny thing the forester is auto and the manuals are much faster supposed to be faster than the wrx's

Take:

1 Part WRX fanboy

+

1 Part butt-hurt Audi fanboy

Get:

A stupid thread!

A race is a driver's race. Edge to the RS6 on the Supra style highway street race.

Oh, and come on WRX fanboy camp, where is the "OH YEAHZ!!!!??? BUT DA STi WILL SMIZZOKE DAT OVERWEIGHT KRAUTBOX POS ON A ROADCOURSE!!!"

Then the Audi guys go, "Whatever son. That unrefined POS does not even come standard with a CD player! Scoff! I'll be taking a nap in my heated leather seats!"

02' WRX

Just for comparison, there are some RS6 and STi dyno charts on this page: http://ktrperformance.com/services/D...graph_main.htm
    N.E. F4
    Mods

Originally posted by ming 2.7t
    Probably 320HP at the crank, in the low to mid 200's at the wheels. BUt still a very nice running car. An "S" Chip, Tip chip, stock exhaust A6 2.7T Tip ran 14.0 at Carlsbad Drags. Not too bad for a 4050lb car (with a 200 lb driver).
    Giac "S" chip (1Bar) ~310HP
    Exhaust ~10HP
    Giac Tip chip no HP, but speeds up shifts.
    Just some info.
    I was just looking at his profile.
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

Originally posted by NeedforAWD
    The "new" M5 you're talkin about won't be the new one for much longer. For the '05 model year the M5 will have the same body style as the new 5-series along with a v10 under the hood that i guess pushes over 500 hp, not sure about the toruque. Insane!
    The numbers on the new ///M5 will be just about 500hp/500tq

Sounds familiar... viper anyone? Not saying it could come close to hanging w/ a viper, but still impressive in a 4DSC (4 door sports car).
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

Originally posted by STLWRX69
    you should mention if the other car was modded..with mods all bets are off on any car because you never know, but there's no way a stock a6 turbo is going to hang with an STi REGARDLESS of whos driving...

Uh, isn't the thread about an STI vs an RS6? Cause if you think a RS6 is just an A6 turbo, wow!!!

Originally posted by Hipswnger2
    The numbers on the new ///M5 will be just about 500hp/500tq

Sounds familiar... viper anyone? Not saying it could come close to hanging w/ a viper, but still impressive in a 4DSC (4 door sports car).
    I didn't think the M5 was going to have 500lbs. of torque - I thought it was more like 375lbs. of torque.

Its supposed to be like the E46 M3 - a higher reving, lower torque output car. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong of course.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by smokey
    I didn't think the M5 was going to have 500lbs. of torque - I thought it was more like 375lbs. of torque.

Its supposed to be like the E46 M3 - a higher reving, lower torque output car. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong of course.
    I love the fact that we're considering 375 lbs of torque a "Lower Torque Output Car."

Originally posted by Griswold
    I love the fact that we're considering 375 lbs of torque a "Lower Torque Output Car."
    Lol..especially coming from me, a Honda driver

I was just replying to the 500lb. statement...I could be wrong, but I did think it was "only" about 375lbs. or something around there.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

firstly 1000 pounds is a lot of extra weight to lug around. Think HP per pound.

STI 100 HP per 1000 lb. = 1 HP / 10 lb

RS6 110 HP per 1000 lb. = 1.1 HP / 10 lb

Even race.

Note these numbers do not consider passenger weight.

*Edit

By the way, there is going to be an M6 very soon for you guys/gals to drool over.
    Last edited by complexx; 03-10-2004 at 10:10 AM.
    Never stop learning.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.