Raced an AUDI RS6 - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 85

This is a discussion on Raced an AUDI RS6 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by cpayne Please let me know who this "whole club of people" are as I cant image that ...

  1. #16
    Banned Mili727's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Ga
    Posts
    3,114
    Originally posted by cpayne
    Please let me know who this "whole club of people" are as I cant image that there are too many RS6 owners out at 11 at night in the warehouse district street racing for their lunch money. Also please let me know what these other things are that I should factor in with 2 "stock" cars going at it head to head..w/ the Audi being a Tip?
    Im not going to argue over the internet with some no body.

    Ill have my friend post in this thread who was there.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19
    Originally posted by Mili727
    Im not going to argue over the internet with some no body.

    Ill have my friend post in this thread who was there.
    Hearsay

  4. #18
    Registered User jungdragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    socal
    Posts
    324
    there are so many variables that come into play in a real race. Any car can beat any car when it comes down to actually seeing it in the flesh.

    Technically speaking, I don't think an sti should be able to take a rs6 at highway speeds. but again, anything can happen
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

  5. #19
    Registered User XtianLA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    606
    OMG I RACED ONE OF THESE. We went from about 65-90 and we were dead even at the start then he slowly pulled about a car. I couldn't believe I hung with him as long as I did. Those things really are powerhouses.

  6. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    2
    Originally posted by XtianLA
    OMG I RACED ONE OF THESE. We went from about 65-90 and we were dead even at the start then he slowly pulled about a car. I couldn't believe I hung with him as long as I did. Those things really are powerhouses.
    where was this at?? Just curious

  7. #21
    Registered User XtianLA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    606
    405 North

  8. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    1
    i think it's all about the driver. I've seen a relatively stock 2.7T 6spd take on an STi last week in a street drag race. They ran 4 times up to about 110 mph and split...2-2. In theory, the STi should've beaten the Audi... In street racing it's all about the driver and reaction time.

    On a side note...I've never been beaten by a WRX. Most WRX drivers don't know what hit them after a heavy Audi on an automatic burns them. Every driver has his own astonished look...it's pretty funny.

  9. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    25
    If you have half a clue as to how to race then driver skill from a roll should make little difference..If you're a complete moron and drop it into 4th at 65 when you should be in third, then please trade your car in for a Prius, bc you're disgracing the WRX name with you're half ass shifting...just a thought

  10. #24
    Registered User OKsubaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    denver
    Posts
    376
    Originally posted by STLWRX69
    If you have half a clue as to how to race then driver skill from a roll should make little difference..If you're a complete moron and drop it into 4th at 65 when you should be in third, then please trade your car in for a Prius, bc you're disgracing the WRX name with you're half ass shifting...just a thought
    someone would say you are disgracing the WRX name by drag racing.
    93 Miata LE, #100/1500 Black

    "I wrote a hit play!"

  11. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    48
    Originally posted by airmax617
    i think it's all about the driver. I've seen a relatively stock 2.7T 6spd take on an STi last week in a street drag race. They ran 4 times up to about 110 mph and split...2-2. In theory, the STi should've beaten the Audi... In street racing it's all about the driver and reaction time.

    On a side note...I've never been beaten by a WRX. Most WRX drivers don't know what hit them after a heavy Audi on an automatic burns them. Every driver has his own astonished look...it's pretty funny.
    uhhh yea, we believe you...

  12. #26
    Registered User WRXless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Kelowna
    Posts
    231
    Originally posted by Paul__420
    uhhh yea, we believe you...
    I believe him. He's running a '00 Audi A6 2.7T with S-chip, GIAC Tip chip, and APR exhaust. Estimated WHP is 300+
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

    Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

  13. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    2
    Originally posted by WRXless
    I believe him. He's running a '00 Audi A6 2.7T with S-chip, GIAC Tip chip, and APR exhaust. Estimated WHP is 300+

    Probably 320HP at the crank, in the low to mid 200's at the wheels. BUt still a very nice running car. An "S" Chip, Tip chip, stock exhaust A6 2.7T Tip ran 14.0 at Carlsbad Drags. Not too bad for a 4050lb car (with a 200 lb driver).
    Giac "S" chip (1Bar) ~310HP
    Exhaust ~10HP
    Giac Tip chip no HP, but speeds up shifts.
    Just some info.

  14. #28
    Registered User jungdragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    socal
    Posts
    324
    Originally posted by WRXless
    I believe him. He's running a '00 Audi A6 2.7T with S-chip, GIAC Tip chip, and APR exhaust. Estimated WHP is 300+
    Just those mods were able to increase his horsepower by over 100?
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

  15. #29
    Registered User Griswold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Salem, MA
    Posts
    269
    Originally posted by jungdragon
    Just those mods were able to increase his horsepower by over 100?
    Probably about 70 crank hp. Stock A6 2.7T is 250hp. Those mods bump to about 320 crank hp.

  16. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    25
    you should mention if the other car was modded..with mods all bets are off on any car because you never know, but there's no way a stock a6 turbo is going to hang with an STi REGARDLESS of whos driving...

    as far as disgracing the name of WRX by racing goes...as i said in the previous thread, get a Prius, and save the earth dude..

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •