Stage 2 WRX vs. EVO - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 40

This is a discussion on Stage 2 WRX vs. EVO within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by WRX KILA YOU are right my freind. I almost bought a Wrx but I waited. Now I ...

  1. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    24

    Re: ME KILL WRX 4 FuN

    Originally posted by WRX KILA
    YOU are right my freind. I almost bought a Wrx but I waited. Now I have an Evo, I would leave my wife if she told me to get rid of it. I love toying with you guys with wrx's. I let you get about 5 to 8 cars and I hit the gas and another one bites the dust. SELL YOUR CARS AND GET AN EVO. Oh by the way I murdered an STI last Night. The car had mods also. Oh well. If you happen to be on the road and you see an Evo, dont think about it just get off at the nearest exit and call it a day.
    You don't deserve to be with Evo-NY.com. Why don't you race some fellow SQC members and see what happens to your Evo.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    46,972
    I Support ClubWRX
    Wow, you are giving the EVO a bad name, have a little more respect for your car. I think most people here give a lot of respect to the EVO because we all like the car too. Their is no reason to bash the WRX, they are like brothers not enemies, come on now.
    Well spoken. I think the Evo is also a cool car. If I had that kind of money to spend on a new car, I wouldn't necessarily buy an Evo, but I respect it and like it nonetheless. It would never occur to me to go on Evolutionm.net and spout off this kind of ego-driven drivel. People seriously need to find a life.

    You would leave your wife if she wanted you to get rid of your car? So if you're family is cash-strapped, and your wife suggests that you trade in the Evo for a Corolla, you'd leave her? Good going...
    Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 01-12-2004 at 08:34 AM.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

  4. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    Posts
    2,599
    Originally posted by Jack
    I had fun with an evo =) Took him from a stop and held pretty much through 4th gear.

    I dont know what stage i am?
    Downpipe, catback, mbc
    Sorry to go off topic, but I would recommend that you get an uppipe with you MBC. Stagewise, I don't know what you would be considered . . . alternate stage I perhaps. Stages are arbitrary anyway.

  5. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    102

    Re: Re: ME KILL WRX 4 FuN

    Originally posted by KanosWRX
    Wow, you are giving the EVO a bad name, have a little more respect for your car. I think most people here give a lot of respect to the EVO because we all like the car too. Their is no reason to bash the WRX, they are like brothers not enemies, come on now. Anyways, unless you are modified I don't see how you could beat a modded STI (or in your words "murdere an STI"), maybe he wasnt racing. And even with a Stock WRX, if you give them 5-8 car lengths I don't see you catching up until you are well over 120 mph, and thats just crazy on public roads. But then again I don't know what modifications you have done to your car, maybe you have a larger turbo and engine management, if you do thats great, but no reason to go bashing the WRX and STI.
    I'm a regular over at evom.net, and have seen wrx kila post a few times over there. I believe he is running 20psi, turbo-back, and a few other things. You are right though, coming over here and making posts like that is absurd, and gives evo owners a bad name. I have nothing but respect for the wrx/sti. I far as I'm concerned, evo's/sti's are more brothers than rivals. Hell, I almost bought an sti myself, and can say without hesitation it is faster stock for stock.

  6. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    23

    Re: Re: ME KILL WRX 4 FuN

    Originally posted by KanosWRX
    Wow, you are giving the EVO a bad name, have a little more respect for your car. I think most people here give a lot of respect to the EVO because we all like the car too. Their is no reason to bash the WRX, they are like brothers not enemies, come on now. Anyways, unless you are modified I don't see how you could beat a modded STI (or in your words "murdere an STI"), maybe he wasnt racing. And even with a Stock WRX, if you give them 5-8 car lengths I don't see you catching up until you are well over 120 mph, and thats just crazy on public roads. But then again I don't know what modifications you have done to your car, maybe you have a larger turbo and engine management, if you do thats great, but no reason to go bashing the WRX and STI.
    Do you think I would go against a STI if I was Stock. I like Wrx My Friend has one and he beat me. He had to go and get a bigger turbo to do it. I am not bashing STI's neither. I just believe Subaru Jerked people with that car. It used an engine that has not yet been proven in order to make big HP figures. I always thought those cars were fast they are not. Whats Life if you cant have a little fun, if you cant talk a little trash. I could never give the Evo a bad name. You guys on this board need to relax its not that serious. If i offended anyone, my appologies. Have fun Peace Wrx Kila
    Long Live King Evo.

  7. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    23

    BTW

    By the way I went to a Subaru dealer and got the STI Brochure. I noticed that on the rally car the intercooler is placed up front. On the production car its up top. Why would Subaru place it on top knowing that it would be better up front. HMM Think about that.
    Long Live King Evo.

  8. #22
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    46,972
    I Support ClubWRX
    I like Wrx My Friend has one and he beat me. He had to go and get a bigger turbo to do it.
    Well of course. The WRX is not marketed as an alternative to the Evo. It costs $5000 less!

    It may be commonplace on the Evo forum to "trash talk" everyone. Here people (for the most part) tend to be a bit more mature. There are many people here that drive other kinds of cars; Evos, SRT's, VW's, you name it. Most positively contribute to the ClubWRX community. Learn from their example, and discover what a cool forum this is...

    ...or just keep on being a jerky troll. Whatever floats your boat.
    I'm done...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

  9. #23
    Registered User Kramit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    67
    Gentlemen, please excuse my Evo counterpart. I realize some of the things he says are a little brash, but he's an excited enthusiast, much like the rest of us.

    Blame me, it's my fault. I posted this thread on Evom. My bad. I should have forseen something like this.
    -Kramit
    '03 EvoVIII (Apex Silver)

  10. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    102
    Originally posted by RayfieldsWRX

    It may be commonplace on the Evo forum to "trash talk" everyone. Here people (for the most part) tend to be a bit more mature.
    Actually, from what I've seen, evom.net shows more respect toward the sti than does this board (or nasioc esp.) toward the evo. I'm not saying that this applies to anyone reading this; I just wanted to dispel the above assumption.

  11. #25
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    46,972
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by bluevilevo8
    Actually, from what I've seen, evom.net shows more respect toward the sti than does this board (or nasioc esp.) toward the evo. I'm not saying that this applies to anyone reading this; I just wanted to dispel the above assumption.
    This board is not Nasioc. I drifted away from that forum because of the attitudes over there.
    My comment was directed at "WRX Kila", not at anyone else on Evo boards. I've never spent any time at evom.net, so I'm clearly unqualified to speak about it...

    I've always felt like most here think the Evo is an excellent car. I don't pretend to represent all of ClubWRX, so I could, of course, be wrong...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

  12. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    102
    Originally posted by RayfieldsWRX
    This board is not Nasioc. I drifted away from that forum because of the attitudes over there.
    My comment was directed at "WRX Kila", not at anyone else on Evo boards. I've never spent any time at evom.net, so I'm clearly unqualified to speak about it...

    I've always felt like most here think the Evo is an excellent car. I don't pretend to represent all of ClubWRX, so I could, of course, be wrong...
    Your right, this board appears to be much more friendly/open than nasioc. Also, sorry if I gave you the impression you said something wrong. I realize your comment was not directed at the evo boards, I just wanted to let everyone know the general attitude over at evom is one of respect, and maturity.

  13. #27
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    46,972
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by bluevilevo8
    Your right, this board appears to be much more friendly/open than nasioc. Also, sorry if I gave you the impression you said something wrong. I realize your comment was not directed at the evo boards, I just wanted to let everyone know the general attitude over at evom is one of respect, and maturity.
    Cool, I'm glad to hear it. Of course, both forums are sure to have their bad apples. We definitely have a few over here.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

  14. #28
    Registered User jungdragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    socal
    Posts
    324

    Re: BTW

    Originally posted by WRX KILA
    By the way I went to a Subaru dealer and got the STI Brochure. I noticed that on the rally car the intercooler is placed up front. On the production car its up top. Why would Subaru place it on top knowing that it would be better up front. HMM Think about that.
    You have posted three times too many. Quite while you're ahead.
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

  15. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    23
    Originally posted by RayfieldsWRX
    Well of course. The WRX is not marketed as an alternative to the Evo. It costs $5000 less!

    It may be commonplace on the Evo forum to "trash talk" everyone. Here people (for the most part) tend to be a bit more mature. There are many people here that drive other kinds of cars; Evos, SRT's, VW's, you name it. Most positively contribute to the ClubWRX community. Learn from their example, and discover what a cool forum this is...

    ...or just keep on being a jerky troll. Whatever floats your boat.
    I'm done...
    Man you Guys are Like a bunch of Cry Babies. I was only Having some Fun, GET OVER IT ALREADY.
    Long Live King Evo.

  16. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    522
    I didn't know Evo-NY accepts a person like you. -_-;

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •