STi VS M3 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on STi VS M3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; It is a 2001. It has the exact same motor as the M3. The reason they discontinued the M coupe ...

Exclamation

It is a 2001. It has the exact same motor as the M3. The reason they discontinued the M coupe (you can still special order a new M coupe through BMW if you really really want one) is because they have a limited supply of that motor and they are putting them all in the new M3's instead of making M coupes, since there is a higher demand for the M3. Since they are the same motor, the M Coupe and the M3 are both rated by BMW as having 333hp, but dyno test show figures >345hp.
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what kind of M3? the old of the new?

some people are cheap on tires. The new M3 has 18's stock the cheapest performance tires in that size will cost at least $500 includes tax (ie the Yokohama ES100). If they want to get better tires such as the OEM PilotSport of P-zero Russo, it'll cost them more than $700 because each of these tires are like $180-200. It is very reasonable for a lot of people to worn their tires down to slick especially in warm climate where you don't get rain as much. I for one worn my OEM PilotSport all the way down to slick, and you should know that traction is pain in the arse when there's no tread.
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

Originally posted by Hipswnger2
    It is a 2001. It has the exact same motor as the M3. The reason they discontinued the M coupe (you can still special order a new M coupe through BMW if you really really want one) is because they have a limited supply of that motor and they are putting them all in the new M3's instead of making M coupes, since there is a higher demand for the M3. Since they are the same motor, the M Coupe and the M3 are both rated by BMW as having 333hp, but dyno test show figures >345hp.

315hp is the hp figure for the 2001 M-roadster/coupe it has less hp because of difference in exhaust restriction. M3's 333 DIN and 343 SAE basically means the same thing in different calculation for US and Europe.

the M-coupe/roadster is a much quicker car than the M3 because it's much lighter. Both the 01-present M3 and 01-02 M-roadster are capable of running low 13's.

the M-coupe got discountinued in 02 simply because it wasn't selling. Not because of engine shortage.
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

i think it was a 2002 or 2003. by there

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123