STi VS M3 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi VS M3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ill! a spicy bean burrito? thats sick! all i eat from there is the chicken quesadilla and cinnamon twist....

ill! a spicy bean burrito? thats sick! all i eat from there is the chicken quesadilla and cinnamon twist.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

They're great...and only $.79.....

M3 vs STI

What up guys...

So i have an M Coupe in my garage. For those who dont know the M Coupe is based on the Z3 , but has the same motor and drivetrain as the M3. This only makes the car lighter and faster, but still VERY comparable to the M3. Its my dads, but its still there for my pleasure.

I drive a WRX sedan and needless to say he smokes my balls off. If any of you want to put the M3/STI theory to the test ill hop in the M and meet any of you guys if yur ever in the N. Ohio area or know anyone who is. It should be fun
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails scan.jpg  
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

the front end looks a lil too long. and highway racing dont worry, you'll whoop one but off the whole, bye bye. you'll lose so dirty off the whole to an STi

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.

Re: M3 vs STI

Originally posted by Hipswnger2
    What up guys...

So i have an M Coupe in my garage. For those who dont know the M Coupe is based on the Z3 , but has the same motor and drivetrain as the M3. This only makes the car lighter and faster, but still VERY comparable to the M3. Its my dads, but its still there for my pleasure.

I drive a WRX sedan and needless to say he smokes my balls off. If any of you want to put the M3/STI theory to the test ill hop in the M and meet any of you guys if yur ever in the N. Ohio area or know anyone who is. It should be fun
    I have a TurboXS Stage 3+ WRX near Warren. We should go race today. We have six inches of snow.

If you ever seriously want to race, though, I'd be up for it. I never get to race anything besides Amish buggies and pickup trucks here. ( And one Audi TT once from a roll. Needless to say, I have never lost).

Also, I would love to see an M coupe in person, as I never had. I have ridden in a Z3 before, but never in an M coupe.

02WrXsTi,
    yea the front end is long... thats cuz it has a massively long strait 6 motor. Dont worry about the dimensions of this fine automobile, it has 50.0/50.0 weight distribution. When i get it alligned, they put a 180 lb dummy in the driver seat to keep the balance of the car perfect.

zoo,
    Yes ill definately meet up with you one day. You should join us at some meets up north. I drive my rex to the meets but will drive the M if you wana race. I really want to race an STI though. I'm donw in Athens Ohio right now (Ohio University) but i will be home on certain weekends in the near future. Ill let you guys know when ill be home in Akron.
    All show and no go . . .

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)

Oh yea, and im not too sure about the STI beating the M off the line. Considering i have stomped a couple 03-04 Vettes, a 99' 911, and even an M3 off the line.
    All show and no go . . .

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)

Originally posted by Hipswnger2
    Considering i have stomped a couple 03-04 Vettes, a 99' 911, and even an M3 off the line.
    I have too, in a stock turbo wrx. Of course, I saw tailights by third gear.

Just consider that a stock STI pulls sub 1.7 second 60' times stock. I dont doubt you would pull a stock STI from a roll though. A race from a dig will depend on the driver IMO.

Nice coupe BTW, I love those things.
    2002 WRX Sedan-Silver
    Turbo XS UTEC Stage IV (VF34)+TMIC, STI RA gears, Exedy clutch/flywheel

the guy in the STi wooped the M3 by like 6+ cars. thats alot, even though yours will be a bit faster, i dont think off the whole you can beat an STi.

maybe true... but ill be damned if i rest until i test this! I just want to have fun and race a rex... since im usually in my rex doing the racing/beating. I want to see what other people see when they race me
    All show and no go . . .

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)

If u raced the M coupe against the Sti you will have ur butt handed 2 u everytime....the m coupe runs a 13.9 so u can have fun but ur wrx should have a good chance against it...nice car tho

M3 runs mid 13s. not a 13.9

Very true... according to all mag. tests. Ive never run it at the track tho. The M3 runs mid 13's and the M coupe is a couple tenths faster
    All show and no go . . .

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)

Who cares what the M coupe will do in a straight line.
    Those things are magnificent at auto-x, talk about WRX getting it's ass handed to them.
    There is one that runs all the auto-x events I've gone to and it kicks azz. He is usually fastest of the day along with a pro guy that I can't remember's name in a Z06.

I could have sworn the m coupe/roadster is not as fast as the m3. Im looking up the specs and it looks like it has 315hp?? What year is your dads
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast