Raced a 2001 Cobra SVT
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Raced a 2001 Cobra SVT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My friend got his cobra like 4 months ago. So i decided to drop by, and say hello, havent seen ...

Raced a 2001 Cobra SVT

My friend got his cobra like 4 months ago. So i decided to drop by, and say hello, havent seen him since last summer. He took me for a ride in that thing, and let me tell you, that car is a monster. Its fast as hell. He raced a WS6 Transam and beat it by 2 car lenghts, so its no poke. I knew right after he took me on the ride, that if we raced he would **** me up bad. So anyways, we decide to race, just to benchmark. Im bone stock, manual, he is also bone stock manual. We take it on the road we always go on, 3 lanes wide, no driveways and no cars almost ever. So we have our friend that came along, step out of the car, and do the starting signs. We take off, im ahead by half a car, i know, i suck at launching my car everyone here seems to get 1.5-2 car leads, all i can ever get is half a car lead, sigh, i slip the clutch at 4.5k, maybe i just do it wrong. Anyways, all through first gear, i pull. Of course that lasts till about 40 mph. Once we go into 2nd, he starts pulling, pretty damn hard, and at 50 he passes me, we went to about 95. He was a good 5-6 cars ahead of me. Sigh, i had NO CHANCE. oh Well. Was a friendly race, but it showed me, that against any higher performance car, a bone stock WRX is ****ed after 60 or so. Till 60 i basically had him, but after that, he jsut blew by like i was standing still. Anyways, i got a godspeed uppipe sitting next to me, a MBC, and a stromung downpipe, they are all waiting to go into my baby, all i need to buy is the gauges, before i put all this stuff in. After i put all my stuff in, he wants to race again, maybe he wont beat me as bad, or so i HOPE .

Later,
    Bobby D

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hehe ...

Don't worry grasshopper ... your time will come. Check out this and you're see what $700 worth of mods will do to a Cobra.

http://clubwrx.keystreams.com/forums...&threadid=4619
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

Your time will come that you run into a SVT Cobra that cant launch. A cobra will KILL a rex with a good driver who can launch.
    '03 STi killer

320hp vs 227hp .. what is the surprise?

Yo

Don't you mean "can" launch. Well you know that I'm also NOT stock and raced aganist a 2002 M3s which has 333hp. Point being is that ... yes it's up to the driver when they cars are almost equal ... point also being it's NOT my problem if I just "happen" to meet people who can't driver. I guess the ones that "can" drive don't act like punks. And always remember I don't have a problem loosing to cars "faster" than me. Humm if you're running 60+ hp more than me you BETTER beat me.
    2004 STI White/Gold

Thumbs up Re: Yo

Originally posted by chuglobal
    Don't you mean "can" launch. Well you know that I'm also NOT stock and raced aganist a 2002 M3s which has 333hp. Point being is that ... yes it's up to the driver when they cars are almost equal ... point also being it's NOT my problem if I just "happen" to meet people who can't driver. I guess the ones that "can" drive don't act like punks. And always remember I don't have a problem loosing to cars "faster" than me. Humm if you're running 60+ hp more than me you BETTER beat me.
    You are d**n right, ppl that race reqularly knows how to drive and also know how to lose gracefully

No one can win every single race, I don't care what you drive, someday somewhere someone will blow your doors off and that's racing.
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

Yo

Exactly ... ... just have some "safe" fun.
    2004 STI White/Gold

Re: Yo

Originally posted by chuglobal
    Exactly ... ... just have some "safe" fun.
    That's the racing spirit. We are looking for some fun run not death match on GT
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

Yup

True that.
    2004 STI White/Gold

watch out for the 99 and up snakes! Don't even mess with the 2003 Cobra!
    87 lx 5.0
    yeah its stock
    All motor
    Got torque?

Rattles
    To put it simply: Once you think your winning the rat race, along come faster rats.

Ummm...

You're right, there always is. Well so I went to the bank to get some money and the bank is right next to a McDonald's. Well while I'm at the drive thru ATM there is this group of highschool or young college kids next to me in the McDonald's parking lot showing off their Mustangs. It was the previous style body and the girls where like wanting the guys to show off their cars so they started reving very loudly in the McDonald's parking lot. I'm just debating if I should start anything thing. The Mustang definitely sounded aftermarket but I just did my own thing drove off. I wonder if I should have asked them for a friendly quick street race? Hehe.
    2004 STI White/Gold

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.