Ever regret getting an Sti over an Evo?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ever regret getting an Sti over an Evo? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just wondering. I have neither and I have never driven either one, but I'm curious for the future; I plan ...

Ever regret getting an Sti over an Evo?

Just wondering. I have neither and I have never driven either one, but I'm curious for the future; I plan to get either an Evo or Sti in the summer (if i could use some scholarship money haha i hope they dont see this)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I bought the STi and never look back! Do I like the EVO? Yes. Do I regret buying STi over the EVo, Hell no.
    01 CL Type S *Sold*
    04 Silver/Gold STi
    -COBB AP Stage 2 / 93 oct
    -Drop in K&N filter
    -Bosal Single Tip Catback
    -Helix 3" Catless Downpipe
    -Replica STi front strut tower brace

Only reason I'd regret a STi over an Evo is one thing.

The ease in which the Evo engine takes to mods, and the relative cheapness that the bits involved cost. The 2.5 liter engine in the STi has more potential IN MY MIND but since it's a fairly new design, the parts are kinda pricey. Give the design a few years and the disparity will cease.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    around here, evo's can be had for a little bit less $$...Still, imo, the STi looks much better, and you get a nice platform to work with. True, the EVO has a good platform as well, but it seems that Mitsubishi products dont have quite the same quality...
    2003 SRT-4

I think Sti has better resale value than EVO IMHO
    04 STi
    04 749
    95 Legacy LSi

I'd vote for the EVO since it's cheaper. Modibility I think both are pretty much the same. I like the way Mitsu keep the WRC tradition 2.0 liter engine when they bring the car to North America unlike Subby which uses 2.5 liter. However the Subby has better interior.
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

Nope.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Coming from a GSX I knew the potential of the 4G63, but like it's been stated, the STi has just as much potential in the performance AND handling department as the Evo, if not more. The looks won me over, and the flat 4 just sounds so ****ing bad ass.

Originally posted by FrankW
    I like the way Mitsu keep the WRC tradition 2.0 liter engine when they bring the car to North America unlike Subby which uses 2.5 liter.
    Yeah... Subaru had to cheat to keep up...

Settle down fellas! I'm just jerkin' yer chains!

I'd love to drive an STi just to compare it. I've heard that they are slightly mushier as far as handling goes and not quite as nimble. Plus, I like the fact that top of my 2nd gear is already 60mph. You guys have to shift. STILL, they are both sweet rides and from what I hear, STis get getter 1/4 times! Oh yeah, cruise control must be nice too!
    -Kramit
    '03 EvoVIII (Apex Silver)

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Kramit
    Yeah... Subaru had to cheat to keep up...

Settle down fellas! I'm just jerkin' yer chains!

I'd love to drive an STi just to compare it. I've heard that they are slightly mushier as far as handling goes and not quite as nimble. Plus, I like the fact that top of my 2nd gear is already 60mph. You guys have to shift. STILL, they are both sweet rides and from what I hear, STis get getter 1/4 times! Oh yeah, cruise control must be nice too!
    So is showing my rear end to every Evo I've ran against to date, in the straights and the twisties....guess we had to cheat to not only keep up, but to whoop their @$$.

Nope...no regrets at all...and correct me if I'm wrong, but the thread starter was asking this of those who have bought the STi. just darned cranky on sunday mornings..thats me....
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Originally posted by YBNormal07
    So is showing my rear end to every Evo I've ran against to date, in the straights and the twisties....guess we had to cheat to not only keep up, but to whoop their @$$.
    ...did you guys hear something???

Originally posted by YBNormal07
    ...and correct me if I'm wrong, but the thread starter was asking this of those who have bought the STi. just darned cranky on sunday mornings..thats me....
    Chill out man, have a cup of coffee or 5. I haven't stopped by the ol' ClubWRX forum in a while. Just getting my p0st wh0re fix is all.
    -Kramit

I Support ClubWRX
    kewl....ahhh....had my breakfast...everythings rosy
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Looks like your STi put out some pretty decent times. What are your mods, YB?
    -Kramit

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks....stock. Best time was the 12.9 with an uncorked exhaust. Best with full exhaust was a 13.013. How about yours? No mods, unless you count a recirc. BOV.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

evo is easier to get fast cuz that engine has more mods.

the bad parts of the evo I've heard: weaky tranny and cheapish body (rusting)
    04 WRX Black no options!
    Helix up/downpipe, HKS catback & Bov, autometer gauges and MRT shortshifter, Bronze Rota SDRs, UTEC, tein SS coilovers, HKS type1 turbo timer, 6000K HIDs, JDM spec C front/rear lips, 20% tint
    to be installed: Mines Spoiler

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.