Ever regret getting an Sti over an Evo? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Ever regret getting an Sti over an Evo? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by YBNormal07 Thanks....stock. Best time was the 12.9 with an uncorked exhaust. Best with full exhaust was a ...

Originally posted by YBNormal07
    Thanks....stock. Best time was the 12.9 with an uncorked exhaust. Best with full exhaust was a 13.013. How about yours? No mods, unless you count a recirc. BOV.
    S/s clutch line...Eclipse mp3 player...

No real mods yet though.
    Have a D/P and cat-delete waiting for it. Going to buy a cat-back soon. Got Tein springs on the way. Then I'll wait for the UTEC to come out, that or MBC and SAFC.

My best is 13.6. Plenty of other Evo owners have done better stock, but this was 90 degree day with slippery track, so launching was sucky (my excuse anyway ). Milan dragway I'm sure is not as quality as Englishtown etc and other bigger tracks.
    -Kramit
    '03 EvoVIII (Apex Silver)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I've ran at Milan. Not the greates, but it's at least on par with my local track, Cecil County. MIS is where it's at. Went up there with my dad to the summer nats last summer. Talk about some rides!!!
    He pulled an 11.7 something in his all motor Galaxy 500.

I assume you are somewhere around Monroe or thereabouts? Must be nice to have Godspeed so close!!!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Thanks....stock. Best time was the 12.9 with an uncorked exhaust. Best with full exhaust was a 13.013. How about yours? No mods, unless you count a recirc. BOV.
    Woah, so you dumped the exhaust to get the 12.9? Geez, I'd have an easy 12.9 if I do that...but downpipe is almost here. Gotta give ya credit for even thinking to do that...

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

12.971 @ 103.97

Damn you AWD guys. I trap at 105 but my best to date is a 13.5.

Oh well, I guess I just get more time to enjoy a v8 at WOT
    2000 LS1 Camaro M6

I Support ClubWRX
    yeah...those times were at fairly warm temps too. I got into the 12s and that was my goal. I'm sure if I had run on a cold night, I could be in the 12s pretty easy with full exhaust. Hell my 13.0 was with a baby seat, spare tire, crap in the trunk, etc. Stopped at that point, as it was getting a little abusive, as I just wanted to hit those numbers, and as I'd rather run on a road coarse....much more fun IMHO.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

yeah...those times were at fairly warm temps too. I got into the 12s and that was my goal. I'm sure if I had run on a cold night, I could be in the 12s pretty easy with full exhaust. Hell my 13.0 was with a baby seat, spare tire, crap in the trunk, etc. Stopped at that point, as it was getting a little abusive, as I just wanted to hit those numbers, and as I'd rather run on a road coarse....much more fun IMHO.
    I tried running in some really cold weather once with the car nice and cooled off. I launched so hard I got rear wheel hop. My best times were with the car fully loaded too. Did you launch on those with DCCD in auto or manual?

RN

I Support ClubWRX
    I tried a few different settings and ended up in auto. Seems "otto" knows how to make the settings just as well as "manny" does.

The wheel hop, in addition to seeing 2 rear shafts snapped on board members cars in the space of 2 weeks, convinced me to stop. The snappage was likely due to the tires sticking too well, but I drive the car daily, so I didn't want to risk it. Same went for my WRX, as the tranny started feeling notchy, so I stopped.

If I ever mod it (still under debate for me), maybe I'll go back again, but you can be sure I'll have my tire pressure up high to ensure whell spin.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

I tried a few different settings and ended up in auto. Seems "otto" knows how to make the settings just as well as "manny" does.

The wheel hop, in addition to seeing 2 rear shafts snapped on board members cars in the space of 2 weeks, convinced me to stop. The snappage was likely due to the tires sticking too well, but I drive the car daily, so I didn't want to risk it. Same went for my WRX, as the tranny started feeling notchy, so I stopped.

If I ever mod it (still under debate for me), maybe I'll go back again, but you can be sure I'll have my tire pressure up high to ensure whell spin.
    Sounds good. This weekend, I tried ALMOST dumping the clutch with DCCD in manual and got a LOW 1.7xx 60' time...my best so far.

RN

I've ran at Milan. Not the greates, but it's at least on par with my local track, Cecil County. MIS is where it's at. Went up there with my dad to the summer nats last summer. Talk about some rides!!!
    He pulled an 11.7 something in his all motor Galaxy 500.

I assume you are somewhere around Monroe or thereabouts? Must be nice to have Godspeed so close!!!
    Yeah, if he made Evo parts.
    -Kramit

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Kramit
    Odd...last I checked his AWD dyno worked for both cars, he does offer boost controllers and e-manage systems or something like that for the Evo? And I swear I've seen him mentioning tuning Evo's and other cars on this board. Maybe I'm wrong. Have you checked with him? Hell...worth a shot...
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Originally posted by Kramit
    Ummmm EVO parts? That is where I got my Apexi SAFC II, Blitz air filter and turbo XS high performance manual boost controler and then had the EVO dyno tuned to 269 HP at the wheels (from a 232 HP base line) on 93 octane. Then dumped 6 gal of 100 octane into the almost empty tank and pulled out 303 HP at the wheels

That was through the complete stock exhaust, I now have pretty much the complete Buschur stage 4 and will have it dynoed after I have everything installed. May go with the EMS as well....just got a chunk of $$$ from selling my Galant VR-4.

He now also has a downpipe, and he can get you pretty much any cat back on the market.... give him a call!

Keith
    Last edited by Fourdoor; 01-12-2004 at 10:21 PM.
    Miss the wifes WRX, but love my Ralliart!

My bad, never researched I guess. Last time I was at his website it was ALL WRX. But, that may have been a while ago. Maybe I'll have to go check him out. I'll take a look at his site again.
    -Kramit

Nope, no regrets what so ever for me. love the STi more every day.

Would I rather have an EVO? No. They are very nice though, and mod like crazy(bastards).

But I LOVE MY STi
    2004 STi

Blitz DTT-DCII
    COBB Stage 2
    Invidia Catless DP
    HKS Hiper Cat-back
    Greddy: EGT, Boost, Oil Press Gauges
    Perrin Oil Catch Can

Listen guys I am not trying to start nothing, but Sunday night i raced an STI. I know that the STI has more power than the Evo. But the way I beat him was crazy. First of all we were about side by side from the top of my third gear until middle of my fourth. We had open space on the Highway. I was ringing out my third when I heard him change gears, which will lead me to believe the STI has shorter gears. Top of fourth and into fifth it was goodby baby. My car is not stock and The Sti had a hks exhaust, from what I saw. I came to several conclusions. 1 Evo's takes really Good to mods. 2 The Sti comes stock 300hp, with a full exhaust maybe 315 im using conservative numbers. 3 I must be making over 320hp judging by the way I walked away from him. It was a good race though. The underdog won! PEACE
    Long Live King Evo.

Originally posted by WRX KILA
    Listen guys I am not trying to start nothing, but Sunday night i raced an STI. I know that the STI has more power than the Evo. But the way I beat him was crazy. First of all we were about side by side from the top of my third gear until middle of my fourth. We had open space on the Highway. I was ringing out my third when I heard him change gears, which will lead me to believe the STI has shorter gears. Top of fourth and into fifth it was goodby baby. My car is not stock and The Sti had a hks exhaust, from what I saw. I came to several conclusions. 1 Evo's takes really Good to mods. 2 The Sti comes stock 300hp, with a full exhaust maybe 315 im using conservative numbers. 3 I must be making over 320hp judging by the way I walked away from him. It was a good race though. The underdog won! PEACE
    For anything resembling accurate figures on the exhaust, visit www.turboxs.com, I think it is.

RN

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.