beat GTI w/ my stock 2001 S-10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on beat GTI w/ my stock 2001 S-10 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My friend owns a 96 2.0 GTI that he loves, he belongs to vwvortex and mive (both good VW forums). ...

beat GTI w/ my stock 2001 S-10

My friend owns a 96 2.0 GTI that he loves, he belongs to vwvortex and mive (both good VW forums). His car is fun to drive but i decided to race him with my 2001 S-10 the other night. His car has exhaust, intake, cam, chip, and some other odds and ins. So the lights red and I roll down my window and tell him that i want to race him, he agrees that we should and waited for the light. the crossroad turns yellow then red, then our lights green. I heard his engine rev up before the green, so i put my foot on my brake and rev mine up... hehe. He squaks his tires and pulls in front of me, my truck shifts into second then pull past him. by my third gear he is behind me. When we get to my house, he compains that his clutch was sliping. I just looked at him and laughed.
    This GTI also beat a late model Mustang with me in the car to be a witness. (the Mustang was a V6 though, but none the less). So in all theory, my S-10 can beat a V6 Mustang.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Do you have the 4.3L or 2.2L, auto or manual, 2WD or 4WD? The VW 2.0 motor is kinda wimpy, so it doesn't surprise me. They have, what, 112hp stock? His mods might have brought him up to 140hp...woohoo. Anyway, nice kill!
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

sorry that i did'nt talk about my truck, i didnt want to write too mcuh. My truck has the 4.3 V6, its an automatic, and its the 2wd. the only thing done to it is performance tires... just for looks haha. His GTI is "estimated" to have 130 hp... but i just thought i would tell you guys since most of you dont realy care for GTI's.

His car also has suspention work done to it too...
    Nothing worse than a Mustang driver's ego. ( I very much dislike Mustangs )

I Support ClubWRX
    Cool, that 4.3L has a lot of torque. I'm not surprised you won. I like GTIs, actually. A 1.8T or VR6 would have smoked yer @ss!

So when are you doing the V8 swap into your S-10?
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Ill do a LS1 swap right after i get my STi, which will probably be never ... haha. I am planning on selling it in a year for a WRX or maybe an STi depending on my job/career situation.

Re: beat GTI w/ my stock 2001 S-10

Originally posted by 2poor4WRX
    So in all theory, my S-10 can beat a V6 Mustang.

A 42 year old plumber with a compound fractured leg riding a bicycle can beat a V6 Mustang.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Re: Re: beat GTI w/ my stock 2001 S-10

Originally posted by ryland
    A 42 year old plumber with a compound fractured leg riding a bicycle can beat a V6 Mustang.
    ryland, you are my hero. Do you hate them as much as i do? but anyway, thank you for saying it.

Re: Re: Re: beat GTI w/ my stock 2001 S-10

Originally posted by 2poor4WRX
    ryland, you are my hero. Do you hate them as much as i do? but anyway, thank you for saying it.
    Absolutely!!

It's fun racing them

ESPECIALLY, when both driver and passenger look at me with the " cooler than you" faces. Yeah, they may be cooler than me at the light, but when it turns green it's a whole different story.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Gotta watch out for the 37 y/o plumbers with ACL tears....nasty out of the hole
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

Originally posted by brembo
    Gotta watch out for the 37 y/o plumbers with ACL tears....nasty out of the hole
    Dude, I raced one the other day. I got a perfect launch but he still owned me. Must have had a 1.45 60' time or so.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    That 4.3 L truck would be good in a burnout contest.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Yeah, its pretty good in a one legger burnout. And its pretty fun to do donuts in, until you get a full rotation then it just burns out.
    my warrenty is almost up and I dont really want to keep it, so hopfuly ill be getting a wrx soon ::crossing fingers::

Ryland, isnt it funny how Mustang drivers think they are the $hit. until you race them w/ a 2001 SS Camaro that is stock and blow their doors off... its really fun.

Hey Brembo, did you have any problems with vishnu? i heard a lot of bad news about there service and a problem with their parts screwing up the cars. what do you think about that

Originally posted by Integra96
    Cool, that 4.3L has a lot of torque. I'm not surprised you won. I like GTIs, actually. A 1.8T or VR6 would have smoked yer @ss!

So when are you doing the V8 swap into your S-10?
    Honestly, GM bottles the crap of that poor 4.3L V6 engine. It can make ridiculous amounts of HP with some headwork and exhaust. It is afterall, nothing more than a sawed-off 350.

-Jim

hey guys, where is a good forum to place a question about what car to get...?

Here is the question so if you want to answer it too...

Should i just get a regular WRX or get even more in debt to get the STi? my aunt used to own a 2001 SS Camaro, so i was quite fond of its power... but since i drive an S-10, would the WRX be enough for me or would i get board. I dont beleive that i could do much to the car as mods go because i would like to keep the warrenty.

well there it is... what do you think?

2poor-

Not a lick of trouble really. I have an AWESOME tuner and his work is top-notch. He does alot of work with Shiv and has a "direct line" to him. Service and assorted things for me have been beautiful. I like the ECUTek, and really the only Vishnu bits that are Vishnu are a pulley, uppipe and the map in the ECU. The rest is Perrin/Stromung/MRT/DBA etc...

...tho I have been mulling over a change to UTEC so's I can go bigger injectors and a bigger turbo. The VF30 is fun, but I want a 20g or GT30...ya know, something with silly topend and a decent spool. Planning stage right now. Need some cash. Send me some?
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast