Celica GTS HAHA
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Celica GTS HAHA within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok so i am at a party with my girlfriend and we decide to leave so we do and my ...

Celica GTS HAHA

Ok so i am at a party with my girlfriend and we decide to leave so we do and my other friend is also in the car.(i have 2004 stock wrx) So anyway this celica gts 6 speed comes right next to me revs and takes off so i laughed and i was in 3 i stayed in third the whole time i beat him by like 3 cars until there was a red he tried again from a stop and he got destroyed. I love the wrx
    first kill

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Celica GTS HAHA

please describe the 3rd gear race. what speed to what speed? I'm about to call bs :-D

Originally posted by DrewToTheC
    Ok so i am at a party with my girlfriend and we decide to leave so we do and my other friend is also in the car.(i have 2004 stock wrx) So anyway this celica gts 6 speed comes right next to me revs and takes off so i laughed and i was in 3 i stayed in third the whole time i beat him by like 3 cars until there was a red he tried again from a stop and he got destroyed. I love the wrx
    first kill
    04 WRX Black no options!
    Helix up/downpipe, HKS catback & Bov, autometer gauges and MRT shortshifter, Bronze Rota SDRs, UTEC, tein SS coilovers, HKS type1 turbo timer, 6000K HIDs, JDM spec C front/rear lips, 20% tint
    to be installed: Mines Spoiler

my bad i was in second it was wierd i beat him and i have proof my girl and friend

haha, good kill

you were going to call b.s? on what? celicas are the slowest cars on the planet. i used to have a 15 second n/a eclipse and i would pull a celica by like 3 cars. even if he was in third with lag time he would spank the celica. hey remember this "looks fast" and thats all its good for

On a roll at high speeds they actually do okay..

Prob just slower than an RSX!
    "S15 Silvia - Are you enjoying the view from the side?"

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Hmm...So you beat a GTS from a roll, and you had 2 passengers...something is fishy...
    2003 SRT-4

I dont think my car is special or a ringer, but i did destroy a brand new GTS in my first month of owning the car... I think only the best of drivers can keep these celica's in the rev's they need to be. But honestly this GTS with a fartcan got owned from a 10mph (5k slip/drop)
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    I dont think my car is special or a ringer, but i did destroy a brand new GTS in my first month of owning the car... I think only the best of drivers can keep these celica's in the rev's they need to be. But honestly this GTS with a fartcan got owned from a 10mph (5k slip/drop)
    I have only seen a GTS go all out one time...I was just cruising along in my old stang, and he got next to me and took off...I wasnt racing him at all, but the thing looked surprisingly fast. He had the stock exhaust and dealer tags, so I figure it was stock. It would have definitely given a stock WRX a beating.
    2003 SRT-4

no way it would give a stock wrx a beating are you kidding i killed it i dont no what yuo are talking about

no way it would give a stock wrx a beating are you kidding i killed it i dont no what yuo are talking about
    stock wrx's are so freaking slow from a roll. Especially at speed.
    2003 SRT-4

Haha, I just posted here because I laughed out loud at the title.

Yes Celica's are slow as hell.

My friend has one.

I'm not familiar firsthand but as I sit down in my benchracer seat the listed specs on the manufacturers website is 180 hp/ 130 ft/lbs of torque. Even with a hell of a launch unless that celica driver has someone pushing him I'm voting WRX. heh

Para

I Support ClubWRX
    I've driven one, fun and quick, but I wasn't that impressed with it.

Re: Celica GTS HAHA

first kill

First of all, good kill
    how do you know it was 6 speed though just wondering

p.s. for those who doesn't know, gts come with 6speed and auto, with auto about 2 seconds+ slower than 6speed in 1/4 miles
    Last edited by Tempuras; 01-10-2004 at 01:12 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.