Celica GTS HAHA - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Celica GTS HAHA within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by mickey513 Im pretty sure a lot of you guys who claim to have "killed" a GT-S probably ...

Originally posted by mickey513
    Im pretty sure a lot of you guys who claim to have "killed" a GT-S probably beat a AUTOMATIC GT-S. By no way is a Celica 6-speed GT-S slow to the point where you killed it. The earlier year, 00-01 could pull high 14's STOCK.

From the outside, you cannot tell if it's a automatic or 6-speed.
    I know because he's my co-worker and we decided to race after work. Two runs I smoked him off the line in my accord V6 by like over 1 car. My homeboy with the prelude race one at the local street race. We talked to the GTS guy and he said it was a 6-speed. I doubt that a GTS can break 14s with just bolt-ons with most decent drivers. I believe it can if it was an insane driver. Not saying that it's slow up top, because I never race one high end. But as far as off the line, my Rex will toast it.
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

http://www.2kracing.com/information/dyno/21-563.pdf

Well there ya go, 153wheel hp stock. and 160ish with a cold air intake (AEMairbox)

A wrx has as much as 25 wheel hp stock over a stock GTS.

So maybe a GTS with mods would hang with a stock wrx.

A cobb ecu'd rex, not happenin. oh well im done with this thread.
    Last edited by MidnightFLAT4; 01-11-2004 at 04:08 PM.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    http://www.2kracing.com/information/dyno/21-563.pdf

Well there ya go, 153wheel hp stock. and 160ish with a cold air intake (AEMairbox)

A wrx has as much as 25 wheel hp stock over a stock GTS.

So maybe a GTS with mods would hang with a stock wrx.

A cobb ecu'd rex, not happenin. oh well im done with this thread.

stock gts usually put out high 150 to low 160 whp and intake usually put gts to high 160 range, 153 is kind of low though. but anyway, how did you get that wrx has 25 whp more than gts, doesn't wrx put out 165 to 170 whp stock?
    even if we use your number (153whp gts) you tellling me that stock wrx has 178whp?

OT: There was one at a local auto-x... He was the fastest car I saw there that day. It was awsome watching him drive, he was borderline out of control, but completely in control at the same time. That was the first time I watched some non-pro racer and just sat back and said "wow".

Originally posted by WiCkeDrEx
    I know because he's my co-worker and we decided to race after work. Two runs I smoked him off the line in my accord V6 by like over 1 car. My homeboy with the prelude race one at the local street race. We talked to the GTS guy and he said it was a 6-speed. I doubt that a GTS can break 14s with just bolt-ons with most decent drivers. I believe it can if it was an insane driver. Not saying that it's slow up top, because I never race one high end. But as far as off the line, my Rex will toast it.

You must know that gts is very hard to drive due to gear ratio problem. Drivers will make a very big difference on this particular car. While a lot of inexperienced driver can only reach mid 15 with stock gts, most of the experience driver can reach 14.8-14.9 without much effort. With I/E however, you are talking about mid 14 ranges. Breaking into 14 with stock or lightly mod gts isn't that big deal really, it's really common thing in celica community.
    What kind of time does your celica friend get at the track anyway?
    Oh btw for those who donít believe me gts is hard to master,
    go test one at the dealer (00-01 model) and try if you can hit 6000 rpm or above for 1-2nd shift. Then you will see what i am talking about.

Originally posted by ryland
    LOL, 11 seconds faster than the suhleekah to reach 120, didn't realize they were that slow.
    The Celica takes 19.03 seconds to accelerate from 60mph-110mph
    The WRX takes 14.9 seconds to do the same...
    A stage II Cobb WRX takes 10.6 seconds...

Yea they have worse top end than a wrx, holy crap thats rare
    Last edited by MidnightFLAT4; 01-11-2004 at 09:16 PM.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Originally posted by ryland
    I think it would beat a stock wrx on the highway, then again, I think my 5 year old niece on roller skates could beat a stock wrx on the highway.

The only way these cars can be competitive up top is if you go catless and up the boost.

really? i live in ny too, i would really like to see how many car length your 5 year old niece on roller skates can put on my wrx on the highway

i hope you don't seriously consider these are the true nubmers,
    they are so far off it's not even funny. 15.48 1/4 miles yes if you are only average driver, is that the best it can do, definately not!

Not counting they weigh at least 300lb's lighter

Originally posted by Tempuras
    You must know that gts is very hard to drive due to gear ratio problem. Drivers will make a very big difference on this particular car. While a lot of inexperienced driver can only reach mid 15 with stock gts, most of the experience driver can reach 14.8-14.9 without much effort. With I/E however, you are talking about mid 14 ranges. Breaking into 14 with stock or lightly mod gts isn't that big deal really, it's really common thing in celica community.
    What kind of time does your celica friend get at the track anyway?
    Oh btw for those who donít believe me gts is hard to master,
    go test one at the dealer (00-01 model) and try if you can hit 6000 rpm or above for 1-2nd shift. Then you will see what i am talking about.
    That's exactly the point I was trying to make. A lot of people with GTS out there isn't all that great because it takes a lot of skills to launch that thing good. I don't consider my co-worker a good driver.
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

I test drove a gt-s before getting the rex. The only thing that got me here was the awd in winter. I thought you can only get gt-s's in 6speed.

Seems to me that our 168 whp to their mid-150ish, and them being SO much lighter, would make it a good race. And it's not hard keeping them in higher revs like someone here suggested. It's almost too easy That 6speed is really sweet. If you don't watch too closely, you'll get past 6k rpm in no time. And you know, I started in 3rd once, getting used to the 6 speed, and starting from a stop in 3rd, once it got past 4k rpm, it was still a rocket (that's only half way to redline, btw).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123