Celica GTS HAHA - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Celica GTS HAHA within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I raced a GT-S w/ loud exhaust from a stop a few months ago. I bogged the launch, so he ...

I raced a GT-S w/ loud exhaust from a stop a few months ago. I bogged the launch, so he was ahead then, by the end of first he was behind me. By the end of third, he was significantly further behind me.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the car is not that slow. many people have gotten into the 14's completely stock with a 6speed GTS. Its just like all the other high rev 4cylinders out there, they are only fast if you know how to drive them.

i can believe his story, but i woudnt go as far to say that its a slow car, its got decent hp ratings, a well geared 6speed tranny, and only weighs about 2600lbs. I would say if it was properly driven it could give a stock wrx a h3ll of a run, if not beat it at high speeds.

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    the car is not that slow. many people have gotten into the 14's completely stock with a 6speed GTS. Its just like all the other high rev 4cylinders out there, they are only fast if you know how to drive them.

i can believe his story, but i woudnt go as far to say that its a slow car, its got decent hp ratings, a well geared 6speed tranny, and only weighs about 2600lbs. I would say if it was properly driven it could give a stock wrx a h3ll of a run, if not beat it at high speeds.
    I think it would beat a stock wrx on the highway, then again, I think my 5 year old niece on roller skates could beat a stock wrx on the highway.

The only way these cars can be competitive up top is if you go catless and up the boost.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

The Celica GTS traps at about 91mph while the WRX traps 94-95mph. Yes the WRX's disadvantage is from a roll, but it depends on what you're racing. When I was stock I pulled on my friends top-end king ITR.

LOL, 11 seconds faster than the suhleekah to reach 120, didn't realize they were that slow.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    I have only seen a GTS go all out one time...I was just cruising along in my old stang, and he got next to me and took off...I wasnt racing him at all, but the thing looked surprisingly fast. He had the stock exhaust and dealer tags, so I figure it was stock. It would have definitely given a stock WRX a beating.
    Haha, I just posted here because I laughed out loud at the title.

Yes Celica's are slow as hell.

My friend has one.
    Jason, d00d....c'mon now. Celicas are very easy to whoop on. Maybe your Stang just needs some balls.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    I have only seen a GTS go all out one time...I was just cruising along in my old stang, and he got next to me and took off...I wasnt racing him at all, but the thing looked surprisingly fast. He had the stock exhaust and dealer tags, so I figure it was stock. It would have definitely given a stock WRX a beating.
    Your mustang needs a tuneup if one of those (stock) hung with you. Then again i have taken down a 5spd vert GT (2000) so i cant give your car credit for being quick from a roll.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

oh i just realized you said old mustang.... well a stockish 5.0 runs mid high 14's, and even slower when out of tune...
    A 92 LX was my first kill in the wrx. His had an e303 cam but had 2.73 gears, and it couldnt outmuscle me from the hole. he gained back, but i was already over 100mph before it became competitive at all. There's my replacement for displacement, (awd and a turbo).
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Originally posted by ttownrex
    The Celica GTS traps at about 91mph while the WRX traps 94-95mph. Yes the WRX's disadvantage is from a roll, but it depends on what you're racing. When I was stock I pulled on my friends top-end king ITR.
    wrx traps higher, but also runs a full second faster in the 1/4 mile.
    also, if your stock wrx pulled on an integra type R at a rolling high speed race, your friend cant drive, or your car is a freak.

GTS isn't all that great. At first I was about to buy one until I smoked one in my Accord V6 with some bolt-ons. It was a 6-speed GTS too. My friend with a 97 prelude smoked one too. I rather drive a GSR than that.
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

a gt-s with intake and exhaust pulls mid 14s at near 100mph traps. It can definitely kill a stock wrx from a roll (not an turboback wrx though). I know this because I used to own a gt-s.

peace.
    04 WRX Black no options!
    Helix up/downpipe, HKS catback & Bov, autometer gauges and MRT shortshifter, Bronze Rota SDRs, UTEC, tein SS coilovers, HKS type1 turbo timer, 6000K HIDs, JDM spec C front/rear lips, 20% tint
    to be installed: Mines Spoiler

Im pretty sure a lot of you guys who claim to have "killed" a GT-S probably beat a AUTOMATIC GT-S. By no way is a Celica 6-speed GT-S slow to the point where you killed it. The earlier year, 00-01 could pull high 14's STOCK.

From the outside, you cannot tell if it's a automatic or 6-speed.

well he spun off the line, so... im guessing with all that ballsy 140lbs, it had to be a manual. He also barked second about 3 cars behind me. It was bad thats all im gonna say... Ive raced faster volvo station wagons and 98GT's which run 14.8 with honest 90-95 traps. The stang i still edged from a roll (2nd gear) and the T-5 wagon was side by side 40-100, then started slithering away... god damn 150mph safty box....
    This celica i raced exhibited no such muscle of the other true 14 second cars...
    Ive also beat a white GTS in our 1999 Grand Cherokee (4.7L larado model). Celica got eaten alive from a stop. That jeep has a 15.0 timeslip in the glovebox . (2.0 60ft). Completely stock, it may be a ringer.
    Toyotas are always reliable, and that definetly counts when purchasing a car. The styling has me thinking no one over 16 could drive it every day
    I hear it handles nice though
    03 MBP WRX Sedan

good kill. i wasnt so lucky the other night when i ran one w/ intake and exhaust and got creamed. from a roll, they are no joke.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast