Civic DX meets STi

This is a discussion on Civic DX meets STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This is way too entertaining, but my buddy and I were in his WRB STi yesterday at like 5pm when ...

Civic DX meets STi

This is way too entertaining, but my buddy and I were in his WRB STi yesterday at like 5pm when we pulled up next to a Riced out Civic DX which didnt look bad, but the coffee can in the back sounded dreadful. He was revving his engine (not realizing we were next to him) and so my buddy revved back. The guy looked over and looked up and down the mighty STi, and my friend pointed ahead, and the guy in the Civic, shook his head NO!!!HAHA I guess he realized that was a race he couldnt handle. Light turned green, my buddy dropped it at five grand and burned out through first (thank god for snow tires on dry pavement) and was gone...It was just amusing to see a Civic owner, who would probably race anyone or anything just shake his head no and kindly decline a beating. Atleast he knew what was up....
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i guess that is kind of a kill
    2002 Subaru Impreza Wrx Sedan

i took out some ricer anger on a cavalier (i think) over the summer. he was driving like a jackass and really pissing me off, and his car was obnoxious looking too. we got a light and i revved, but he wouldnt look over. when the light went green i launched hard and put buslengths on him in no time ...
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

Its great. In my WRX ill get people who wont look over, but in the STi the kid actually shook his head no. Haha... he kindly declined. Thats definately rare. But then again to see a car smoke all 4 wheels pulling out would lead him to believe that Subaru is doing something right and its time for a new car....

PS-The best entertainment is people who dont know what the WRX especially the 2004 model. I catch a lot of Sunfire/Cavaliers off gaurd, even though their 5 foot pep boys aluminum wing kinda does scare me....

a dx civic is not worth the sti's gas...

I don't know what's more amusing, the ricer or the guy that did a 5K launch for no apparent reason .
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, not to criticize, but I'm not sure I'd put all that stress on the driveline of my $30,000 car just to show off for a kid in a Civic.

It's his car, though, so he may do as he pleases.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Originally posted by RayfieldsWRX
    Yeah, not to criticize, but I'm not sure I'd put all that stress on the driveline of my $30,000 car just to show off for a kid in a Civic.

It's his car, though, so he may do as he pleases.
    The saving grace here is the snow tires. I sure as hell wouldn't want to see people doing that on the stock high grip compound tires....but on snow tires? Hell yeah!

Keith
    Miss the wifes WRX, but love my Ralliart!

Originally posted by Mabf355
    PS-The best entertainment is people who dont know what the WRX especially the 2004 model. I catch a lot of Sunfire/Cavaliers off gaurd, even though their 5 foot pep boys aluminum wing kinda does scare me....
    Was there some vast improvement in the WRX for 2004 I havn't heard about? I would love to know!

Keith

Was there some vast improvement in the WRX for 2004 I havn't heard about? I would love to know!
    When the 02 WRX came out in 2001, it all hyped and raved by all the magazines, so the world became familiar with the bug eye look of the WRX. Other then the STi, which looks more aggressive then the stock WRX, the 2004 model didnt see any press because the mechanics of the car didnt change.

So the look of the 04, being more common, catches some people off gaurd, people expect the bug eyes. Not as much anymore, but I have had my 2004 WRX since April 15, 2003, so i ran into clueless ricers often.

Originally posted by Mabf355
    When the 02 WRX came out in 2001, it all hyped and raved by all the magazines, so the world became familiar with the bug eye look of the WRX. Other then the STi, which looks more aggressive then the stock WRX, the 2004 model didnt see any press because the mechanics of the car didnt change.

So the look of the 04, being more common, catches some people off gaurd, people expect the bug eyes. Not as much anymore, but I have had my 2004 WRX since April 15, 2003, so i ran into clueless ricers often.
    I thought they were the same mechenically, now I understand where you are comming from.

Thanks!

Keith