Wrx Vs Srt-4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Wrx Vs Srt-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm the owner of a modded SRT-4 (Mopar Stage 1, 3 inch exhaust with High flow cat, Boost controller at ...

Wrx Vs Srt-4

I'm the owner of a modded SRT-4 (Mopar Stage 1, 3 inch exhaust with High flow cat, Boost controller at 16psi high boost, 14psi for low boost, and a Perrin FMIC). I came accross a WRX tonight and we had a few good runs. All runs were from between 65-75mph punches. All resulted in the same results.. The WRX and I were nose to nose for a few seconds, then I slowly pulled away.

Now this is my question. This WRX seemed very fast to me, and sounded very mean. I pulled over an chatted with the driver for a minute and this was the result: Me, so what have you done to your wrx,, Him: Just an exhaust!. I then asked how much boost he's running, he said 16psi.

I asked if he ever ran an STI, and he said yes. He had a race with one on the road, his car was full of camping gear, and he pulled the STI pretty good.

OK, so this is my question to you WRX owners- Can a WRX with just an exhaust beat an STI????

I have never raced an STI or an EVO, this was my first run in with a WRX and for just having an exhaust on the car, I was impressed!!! But I personally feel there was more done to the car than I was told.

Can I get some inputs please???? thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hes full of Sh*t! Exhaust is effective, but to give the car 73+ hp haha yea right. I have raced my friends stock STi in my stock WRX and its not even close. I had four people in my car and the STi had the same, and since it was my friend we raced from stops, from rolls, and the only time my car kinda kept up was 0-70, (he had less then a car on me) then it was over. The STi is MUCH faster then the WRX and with just exhaust thats no exception. That dude lied to you man, or hes either got a lot of work done to that car. But SRT vs. STi and the STi would win, so how come he didnt crush you? He can lose to you, but he would kill an STi Hmmm....i guess just find your self an STi and see what you can do, then let us know. From a roll, it takes some mods to keep up with an SRT, but to beat an STi with luggage in your car? Haha...

WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.

thanks for the reply. I though He was full of crap also.

Honestly that WRX was the best race I've had in awhile, and My jaw about hit the ground when he said he ONLY HAD EXHAUST done.

Hopefully I will race an STI some day and I will post the results here. Of course if its from a DIG, Hopefully I will have enough hp to catch up with the STI...

Most people lie when it comes to mods, especially when they lose.

I'm guessing he was running an mbc or chip, plus turboback exhaust, and possibly an upgraded turbo.

Edit: I change my mind. He probably was running an upgraded turbo
    Last edited by TurnWRX; 01-07-2004 at 11:16 PM.

It wasn't me.........this time....

-Jim

To my knowledge, exhaust + boost set up to 16 psi will give similar number as cobb stage II. this setup will give about 280-290 at the crank. The person who you ran, sounds like he was exaggerating a bit cause if he only replaced the exhaust, he won't run 16 psi nor outrun STI.

He did say his car was full of Camping Equipment when he out ran the STI.... If I remember right, if you load your car full of camping equipment thats good for about 95 HP, or is it
    195 hp?? hmmmm........

He most likely had a stage IV WRX. Your car should be trapping 108+mph with your setup.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

It takes exhaust, a bigger turbo, more fuel, and an ECU to beat an STi with a WRX.

Explanation: The STi was not broken in yet, and the owner was shifting at 4,000rpm.

-Jim

I ran Osiris at the track. He has exhaust on his WRX and my STi is stock (was then too). He had a better reaction time, so ended up beating me, but my time was still better. My 13.155 to his 13.4. Of course, the times don't matter since I still got my ass handed to me... Anyways, no way a WRX with just exhaust is taking an STi. Also no way a WRX with just exhaust is running 16 psi.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Originally posted by renichms
    I ran Osiris at the track. He has exhaust on his WRX and my STi is stock (was then too). He had a better reaction time, so ended up beating me, but my time was still better. My 13.155 to his 13.4. Of course, the times don't matter since I still got my ass handed to me... Anyways, no way a WRX with just exhaust is taking an STi. Also no way a WRX with just exhaust is running 16 psi.

RN

Your saying a stock WRX with just exhaust mods ran 13.4 in the 1/4 mile and beat you?

It took me a full turbo back exhaust, stage 2 Unichip, and a boost controller at 17 psi to run 13.3 in the 1/4 mile in my 02 WRX. That was with a 1.79 sec 60' time.

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    Your saying a stock WRX with just exhaust mods ran 13.4 in the 1/4 mile and beat you?

It took me a full turbo back exhaust, stage 2 Unichip, and a boost controller at 17 psi to run 13.3 in the 1/4 mile in my 02 WRX. That was with a 1.79 sec 60' time.
    He has more than just exhaust. He reacted faster and beat me to the finish by .0826 seconds. My time was faster and speed was higher. I was just using it as an example to show a WRX with just exhaust definitely could not beat an STi.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Yeah, he is definately lying to you about something, probably something big. I bet he would've told you it was stock if you couldn't notice an upgraded exhaust. Should've asked him to pop the hood.

My friend with a 03 WRX, just got a Turbo XS Carbon-Ti Stealth-back, which supposebly adds 27 whp. My car just had Stage 1 for power mods, and I only pulled about 2 cars on him until 100 mph, starting from 20 mph. From a stop he gave me one hell of a challenge to catch up again, especially in these cold north-eastern roads full of salt, ice, etc.

I nor him nor anyone I know has raced an STi, so I can't compare. But a WRX w/ turbo-back exhaust does add a lot of power.
    Slow Neon.

Originally posted by PPMotorsports
    It wasn't me.........this time....

-Jim
    There is no need to rehash the past.

I would have to say that kid was lying to you pretty good. Your car is laying down some really good horses to the pavement and a stock WRX dyno's at 185whp and let's say he has no cats and a 3" turbo back that would give him 25whp. That's only 210whp and you got more than that stock!!

Mr. Wiggles calls BS!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Originally posted by drizze99
    There is no need to rehash the past.

Mr. Wiggles calls BS!
    But it's just sooo much fun, buddy!

-Jim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast