Say you had...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Say you had... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Say you have a 200-2004 Neon SRT-4, a mustang 5.0 (? sry dunno specs on any trims comparable to the ...

Say you had...

Say you have a 200-2004 Neon SRT-4, a mustang 5.0 (? sry dunno specs on any trims comparable to the rex), and a WRX...

then say you got 10 thousand dollas to mod them with..

What would you do, and which car would do the best at what? (I.E. straight line, auto X track/rally.. all weather...ect...)

Jus wanna know where i stand...

Thanks =)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

5.0 hands down. I used to own an 89 LX 5.0 and I'll own another one again sometime. Those cars have so much power just sitting there waiting to be freed up. With 10 grand into a 5.0 you could easily have a high 9 second stang like one of my boys. Mine was only slighly modded with little money spent and it was throwing down 375rwhp. A lot of people might disagree with me but, the stang hands down.
    2004 WRB Cobb Stage II WRX
    220whp 210wtq

Start:

Dodge Neon SRT-4
    Subaru Impreza WRX sedan
    Ford Mustang 1990 5.0
    $10,000

Step 1.

Sell the SRT-4 -- + $15,000

Step 2.

Sell the Mustang 5.0 -- + $5,000

------------------
    Midway:

$30,000 and a Subaru Impreza WRX

Step 2.

Set the WRX up for a rally car.
    Roll cage, harnesses, seats, wheels, suspension, tires, minor power modifications.

"I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

hey with 30,000 you can purchase the esx 740 package
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

$10K will get you alot further power wise with a 5.0 Mustang compared to the SRT-4 or WRX. I don't think that's a suprise to anyone here. Sunday there was a 9 second 5.0 that looked like a total POS on the outside of the car. I'm talking different color panels, rust out the ying-yang. Headliner was hanging off the roof, etc etc. Then he popped the hood and there was a 90mm turbo under that *****. He had 7k total in the car including tires.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Sell the SRT4 = 15k
    Sell the 5.0 = 5k
    Sell the WRX = 20k

15k + 20k + 5k + 10K = 50k = E46 M3

Either that or an STi with 20k in upgrades
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Ok...here's the deal. TRUST Me I know what im talking about.

You get a 90 Notchback 5.0

You beef up the bottom end and internals, and put on a nice heads/cam/intake combo. Next, set that sucker up for the strip suspension wise. Invest in some Slicks and then you spray the crap out of it. You should be able to run high 10s.

Speed/handling whatever is just a matter of money...
    2003 SRT-4

I'd say the Mustang with $10,000 in it ($10,000 in each, right?) would dominate the other two at the 1/4 mile. Personally, I'd go for the WRX for handling, especially at autocross, but that could be up to opinion since it depends on parts and drivers.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

wrx

Well, investing 10k into a wrx doesnt really get you very far in the grand scheme of things... You will be ahead of ~97-98% of all other WRX owners. But then you will either meet the other 2% or another car that was less expensive to mod and KILLS you. Go for the stang if you have all of those other daily drivers. Wanna know where I get that 10k doesnt get you very far?? I am close. STi v8 2.0 shortblock will probably end up putting me over retail wise. Hmm, maybe I should have gotten an 03 Cobra... Yeah right. Anyways good luck with whatever project you decide to break into!

RJ
    Car for sale for 13,500 with 60k on the car an 18k on the motor/tranny(Silver Sedan with 5spd)

Keep the Mustang as a straight drag car, convert the SRT-4 into a rally car or road racing car, or trade it for a used WRX to do the same.

-Jim

haha good stuff guys...
    (jus to clean confusion, i actually OWN a WRX. )
    =+- 02' Midnight Black Scooby Rex-+=

Ahh, one of those hypothetical posts. Maybe I should have reread before I posted. Sorry I am stupid. HAHA

RJ
    Car for sale for 13,500 with 60k on the car an 18k on the motor/tranny(Silver Sedan with 5spd)

I Support ClubWRX
    Ok...this would push the limits of the stock block...but the stang would walk anything in a straight line...

T-76 Turbo, AFR 185 (or 205 but i'd port the 185), Custom Ed Curtis cam, 1.76 RR, 331 stroker with forged pistons (Leave stock crank good for a few races) www.griggsracing. com for some rear work, Tremec 3550 or TKO with Centerforce clutch, Dyno tune, and yes you might be at your budget...but heck the 302 hasnt been made for 5 years and the cars are atleast ten years old now. It's all about the notch's by the way.

And if you wanted to build it right do away with the 302 and step up to a W.

Ok with in the budget now... DSS 331 (2800 dollars), Tremec 3550 (Around 2000 i'd say w/ bell housing and K member) AFR 165 (1,000), Custom Cam (200), 24 injectors 190 lph fp maf/tb (maybe 600), 4.30 rear's (We are dragging right?) 90/10 shocks, BGF Drag Radials, and a 200 or so shot.

You could make a good corner curver out of a stang but You have to know what your doing...they are easier to make go in a straight line then anything. If it was all about corners I'd want a WRX and then add some power to her...But the mustang would probaly be the biggest bank for your buck.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.