My 2004 Stage2 wagon against a 911 Carrera

This is a discussion on My 2004 Stage2 wagon against a 911 Carrera within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Not a real race or anything, but last night I was in a left turning lane, about to turn onto ...

My 2004 Stage2 wagon against a 911 Carrera

Not a real race or anything, but last night I was in a left turning lane, about to turn onto the onramp of I-80, when I spotted some nice HIDs in the opposing lane of traffic, also turning onto the onramp. He turned just before me, and when I saw that it was a 911, I got excited and quickly caught up to him. When he saw me on his tail, he gunned it, and so did I. I was expecting to get wasted, but at WOT I managed to stick with him, and even had to let off the throttle a little. After we both merged, I pulled slightly ahead of him but shut down at about 100 because of some traffic. I'm sure he would have taken me above that, though, if we had a chance. I turned on my dome light, gave him the thumbs up, and headed home (my exit was coming up soon).

Mods:

Cobb AccessECU Stage II
    Samco Intercooler Hoses
    Samco Radiator Hoses
    Samco MAF tube
    Lineage Grounding Kit
    STi short-throw shifter
    Kartboy Shifter Bushings
    Prodrive shift knob
    PDE Flex Uppipe
    PDE Downpipe
    Prodrive Axle-Back
    Whiteline Rear Swaybar 20-24mm
    Whiteline Front Strut Brace
    Whiteline Rear Wagon Strut Brace
    Whiteline Rear Alloy Endlinks
    17x7 Prodrive P1 Anthracite
    225/45/17 Yokohama ES-100
    STi fog light covers
    WRX sedan painted sideskirts
    DIY Headlight Mod (removed orange and painted housing black)
    full metal tint 50% front / 20% rear / 20% windshield strip

Pic:

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I hosed some punks in "daddys" 911 Turbo(old....930ish lookin thing, I think the turbo emblem was fake). Ate thier lunch at the light and didn't look back. They caught up a few lights later and were yelling something at me, not nice stuff either. I just zipped off again and went home. The driver was havin a hard time with the idea of a clutch, I could have beaten em with a Civic.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

What year 911? Makes a big difference. First time I have seen a WRX modded to Stage II with temp tags Hope you broke it in first.

Jimbo
    2003 PSM Wagon - VF34; STi 565cc Injectors; ScoobySport turboback with Prodrive muffler; STi catless uppipe; Cobb AccessPort; Samco IC hoses; 17" Steel Gray Rota Attacks with Sumitomo HTR ZIIs; Prodrive springs, sedan rear sway

Where do you live in Salt Lake? I just got my WRX a few months ago. Where did you have all your work done or did you do it yourself? I'm no pro when it comes to cars so I'm just trying to find a place to do all of my aftermarket work.

not sure what year... I didn't get a great look and I don't know my Porsches too well. At the time of the picture, I only had the axle-back. Added uppipe and IC hoses at 1000 miles, and downpipe + Cobb stage II at 5000 miles.

nice kill...... i wish we had some cars like that around here....mostly civics...
    03 wrx built 205 fpred...423whp 93oct 556whp c16
    04 sti white with gold rims. now with the fp3586r turbo...anyone wanna play? 750whp either way it's fast!!!

Originally posted by bse801
    Where do you live in Salt Lake? I just got my WRX a few months ago. Where did you have all your work done or did you do it yourself? I'm no pro when it comes to cars so I'm just trying to find a place to do all of my aftermarket work.

I live near Sugarhouse. (about 1700S 1500E). I did all of the work myself, except I got some help from a friend installing the uppipe. I am certainly not a pro either, but all of my mods were basically bolt-ons that just required a good set of sockets and wrenches, a breaker bar, a torque wrench, ramps, a jack, and jack stands. There is a lot of useful info on scoobymods, nasioc, i-club, and here. I figured for the price of having my mods installed, I could buy the proper tools and do it myself. The Rocky Mountain forum over at nasioc.com is fairly active with a salt lake specific thread, and in warmer weather there are meets about once a month. I would be happy to help you out with installing aftermarket parts. Just send me a PM.

How do you like the accessecu? Does it pool hard? Is it smooth power curve?

I'll say stg 2 is smoother. I have g-tech pro and stock i'd hit .83 g on acceleration, about 300 miles after stage 2 i avg at .76 G and there is a lot more pull. So it is definetaly over a wider range of power.

...max