Idiot in Caddy gets SLAUGHTERED by my wrx , and his poor skills this morning.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Idiot in Caddy gets SLAUGHTERED by my wrx , and his poor skills this morning. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I dont understand what the problem with these guys is. I live about 5 miles form Boston. We have these ...

Idiot in Caddy gets SLAUGHTERED by my wrx , and his poor skills this morning.

I dont understand what the problem with these guys is.
    I live about 5 miles form Boston. We have these guys, usually italian, usually about 40lbs overweight and almost ALWAYS in some sort of leather sports type jacket, and they are all drive Caddy's and lincoln's I call them "Joeys" lol. They suck, makes me want to denounce my Italian heritage they are so embarassingly slimy.

ANYWAY.
    So I am minding my own business this morning going to work and I see that there is only one car between me and the on ramp to the highway. Its a fast double sweeper so I like to take it with some speed. I go to pass this early 90's caddy with typical joey driving it, and of course, he looks at me and nails it. These guys can NEVER just let you pass them, they really do believe that there is no way a small car can be faster than their POS, ill handling battleship crapbox. (I have personally known like 10 of these guys, they all were like that)
    So I hit it. He is easly dispatched and I get in front. He stays on teh gas and tries to ride my @ss into the on ramp. I of course dont lift off at entrance, then lift mid turn to bring the back in line with the front ( fastest way around the first bend on this ramp) He must have seen that I didnt hit my brakes and just tried to hang.
    I didnt catch it all in my mirror, but from what I saw, I cant believe he managed to save it LOL. It looked like his front pushed to the center divider, so he yanked the wheel, causing MASSIVE oversteer then 3-4 good swings of counterskid. Needless to say he wasnt anywhere near me on the second sweeper.
    Last edited by davenow; 01-07-2004 at 09:10 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

teh Big Dig is teh suck...

WRX
    oh yes, we have them in my area too. My good friend is exactly like that. We call them "Guidos"
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

I Support ClubWRX
    Funny isht!
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Upon reading your story, Tony Soprano called a few guys to stop by your house later on tonight. Hope you like baseball, cuz deez guys are bringing some Louisville Sluggers...

During the fall, I was in the Firehawk, and a buddy of mine in a WS6 (heads/cam/highstall torque converter) was attempting to follow me around an onramp that I was taking at a speedy pace. He introduced his rear 1/4 panel to a guardrail when the backend kicked out more than he expected, and his counter steering didn't account for the second snap back in the opposite direction. Learning the limits of your car at an autocross, and how to handle it when you exceed it's limits, should be mandatory for anyone who likes to drive enthusiastically, even for the pinky ring crowd... Nice driving Dave, and funny story!

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

The description sounds like me, but I wasnt in Boston. The fun thing about Boston, is Italian or not, everyone is in such a hurry its like a street race whever you go. Good job.

But you did not account for the unsprung weight of the bodies in the trunk, which could account for some mild understeer around corners.
    Not all who wander are lost

Originally posted by Strider

But you did not account for the unsprung weight of the bodies in the trunk, which could account for some mild understeer around corners.
    Bodies in the trunk would be considered sprung weight, not unsprung.

I guess if they were tied down, then yes. But if the inertia of going aound a tight turn might help lift the car, then they would be un-sprung.
    Not all who wander are lost

I always wanted to suck someone into a curve, but a WRX is the only thing that ever took the bait. They don't skid too easy. Well, except my younger brother. He crashed, but was okay.

"Joeys"- I love that term. If you don't mind, i'm going to start using that term here in California.

I Support ClubWRX
    *smacks forehead*
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan00Hawk View Post
    even for the pinky ring crowd...

I Support ClubWRX
    I had a similar incident with a older dude (yes, more than me) driving an older BMW 7 series with a similar result a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by spyder720 View Post
    "Joeys"- I love that term. If you don't mind, i'm going to start using that term here in California.

Last edited by Sasquatch; 10-03-2007 at 03:41 PM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    *smacks forehead*

These "back from the dead" threads keep getting older and older. Now if they were bumped up with more questions, useful info, etc. - I'm all for that. I blame the "Similar Threads" box below, I've fallen victim to it on many occasions.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah,when you see all those screen names that no longer are around,i get suspicious.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast