New Ford Cobra (Long and OT)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New Ford Cobra (Long and OT) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I saw this car for the first time on the internet a few nights ago, and I just watched a ...

I Support ClubWRX

New Ford Cobra (Long and OT)

I saw this car for the first time on the internet a few nights ago, and I just watched a specail on TV on the project it self. Before anyone gets to excited the only thing Shelby on the car is the signature. He had no design or engineering say at all, and that is the way it should be after his Series 1 fell on it's face. Anyway the car had a v-10 in it and was slated to run 3.4 to 60mph. That was on 106 octane through so that's a good idication odds are that motor wont be used for production. I predict they use the blown 5.4 that they just put a ton of money into for the new Ford GT (GT-40 replica). Either way I'm a HUGE cobra fun and I plan on buying a Cobra Kit car from Factory Five racing a few years after getting a WRX and a home. I'm still in the air as to if I really like the new Cobra or not. It has some nice lines and then other are just bland. If you see pictures it might look a little long but I heard it was about the size of a Miata. Well just wanted to get everyones Idea and opionon on this new (May be built) car from Ford. I dont have a picture link but a nice write up can be found at www.stangnet.com
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I read that the car that you saw is what Bill Ford signed off on. He wants people to forget about ever owning a Corvette or a Viper. The car will have the 6.4 V10. Ford has spent big $$ MONEY on the development of that engine. That engine will also be used by Lincoln on their continental concept. and MK9. They will be de-tuned to 500 hp or so, but ford has plans for the motor.

This production-feasible roadster has a 427-inspired 605-horsepower, all-aluminum V-10 engine mounted at the front of an advanced aluminum chassis modified from the rear-engine Ford GT.
    There’s no roof, no side glass, not even a radio.
    OK, who needs a radio when you've got a V-10?

The car looks fine, but I still like the original 427 Cobra better. Is the Factory Five a good start for a replicar? Its something I've always kicked around in the dark recesses of my mind.
    ribonucleic acid freakout

I wrote a pretty long response about this on another forum...to sum up what I said....

I would like to KILL the person who thought that was a good replacement for the original!!! I don't care how much technology or how much power it has, that is the worst remake of an original classis I have ever seen!!! Even worse than the Thunderbird.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Originally posted by NJwrbT-WRX
    I would like to KILL the person who thought that was a good replacement for the original!!! I don't care how much technology or how much power it has, that is the worst remake of an original classis I have ever seen!!! Even worse than the Thunderbird.
    Would it help if you considered it a Chevy-style name revival like the original Impala vs today's Impala? Of course, you couldn't really re-use a Cobra name and put it on a grocery-getter like Chevy does. Actually, I can think of a couple more examples, like the Nova and the Malibu. Both were musclecars back in the day, but were revived as lame sedans.

For the record, I kinda like the new T-bird, but not when you put it next to the original. It is what it is.

Josh
    ribonucleic acid freakout

But it is not a name revival because it is a very similar looking car that is going to have monster HP with that V10. I just think it looks nasty as compared to the original, which is pretty close to automotive perfection.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

I Support ClubWRX
    I just dont see the v-10 being a feasable thing for low priced sports car (Low price is saying 60-100,000 not STI type low) but who knows...maybe i'm wrong. With 500 hp that the GT makes that car would scream and the positive displcament blower gives ton of low end. Oh well we will see when it's released I guess.

As for the Factory Five question I would search there sit and look at FFR.com and read there forums. It's about the easiest build you'll find. YOU CAN (but dont most people dont...even the ones who say they will dont) do a donar build. If you take a 5.0 mustang from 87-93 you can basicaly build a cobra with FFR's kit. The frame is probaly one of the best ones on the market but there body isnt by far the best. But for 11,000 you get all your money worth. By the time the next one is out I'll have enough money for a DOHC 32v cobra motor build that I want to do. Just look around...they say you can do it with basic hand tools...and you can if you know your way around a shop.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.