2001 Grand AM GT Auto
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2001 Grand AM GT Auto within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; OK...so i pull in this gas station. To get gas. And this sharp looking grand am with some really nice ...

2001 Grand AM GT Auto

OK...so i pull in this gas station. To get gas. And this sharp looking grand am with some really nice rims pulls in. He asks me what kinda car i got, i tell him its a "WRX" he says "what year is it?" im like "2002". Right then and there i knew he knew nothing about my car, so i ask him "is your car fast?" pretending i dont know much, and he says "ya its pretty quick, wanna run em?" and i say "SURE". Ok so im a bully, shoot me . So we pull out of the gas station, its 12pm at night, and we line up on the street, no cars coming anywhere, its on a triple lane highway type road. I tell him to honk 3 times, on the third we go, immediatelly i get about a 1 car jump. Go into 2nd, and im gone. By the end of third i was atleast 7 cars ahead. I felt really bad, he had no chance at all. After i slow down, he passes me and says "wow, that little car is quick "... Real cool dude. I just kinda did this race to benchmark and see how quick my car would go, but i guess i picked the wrong car, oh well .

-Bobby D

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The "GT" is for Generous Trim. Way too much body cladding on those pieces of crap.
    Prodrive Headlight Conversion
    STi Front Grill
    Turbochargers.com Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade - T28 Compressor
    The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel
    Wagons Are Cool Check Out My Baby Here!

Welps...

If anything..they're nice pieces of crap.

I know..cuz I traded our 99 Grand Am GT in for our WRX.

It was a really NICE car for it's price, 18,000 with everything....smooth comfortable ride, Ram air that kicks in at 80 mph, plenty of torque and good for those long distance trips.

It's got twice the leg and head room of the WRX, plus every single amenity you could ask for except dual climate control. Ours had heated seats, power everything, sunroof, nice stereo, super cold A/C and probably the most comfortable leather seats I've ever had the pleasure of sitting in.

Fuggin nice cruiser...hell..I kinda miss it, it might not have been the fastest car, but I swear it looks absolutely evil at night when it's in your rear view mirror.
    1993 RX-7 TT
    http://home.attbi.com/~archangle10/w...7/site1005.jpg
    SSP Pineapple Racing Rebuild/Stage 2 Oil/Rebuilt Tranny/HKS Downpipe/Apex-i PFCw/Commander/RB Dual SS Catback/ACT S/S Clutch/Resurfaced Flywheel/ASI AST/Fluidyne Radiator/Polished UIM/Throttlebody/Efini Y-Pipe/Silicone Hose Job
    Koni Shocks/Eibach Springs/Mazdaspeed Bushings/Brembo Dimpled/Slotted Rotors/G-Stop Steel Brake Lines/EBC Greenstuff
    Kenwood eXcelon Z919 CD-MP3/Infinity Kappa Perfect Sound System/2 JBL Power 360W Amps/2 12" Infinity Kappa Perfect Subs
    Car Pics: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291149161
    Modification Pics: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291071767

2002 Subaru WRX
    FATT

I ran a Brand new GTP a couple weeks ago. We were lined up at a stop light and he looks over at me and starts laughing. I just kinda look at him like "good luck". So he starts revving his engine and I sit there idling. The lights about to turn green and see him start creeping up, by the time the light turns green he's already a car length in front of me. So the light turns green and we both take off, I don't think i made to 3rd gear before i passed him, and by the time i hit 4th he was 3 or 4 car lengths behind me. Don't get me wrong, he has a nice car but i think he'll remember what the back a of WRX looks like next time he races one again.
    Ever wonder why there's braille on the buttons at a DRIVE UP ATM machine???

Mods:
    3/16" vacuum connector
    GFB BOV
    AEM CAI
    17" OZ Superleggera's wrapped with Kumho Ecsta's
    Samco IC hoses
    clubWRX.net Sticker

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.