Bad night against 2 Civics
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Bad night against 2 Civics within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, first race against my friends Vortech supercharged SI. Bad start, bogged a little but still had a car lenght ...

Bad night against 2 Civics

Ok, first race against my friends Vortech supercharged SI. Bad start, bogged a little but still had a car lenght on him. Around 3rd he starts to catch up, at about 80 he is pulling away. We shut down a little over 100 and he's got almost a car length. We raced on the highway from about 65 and he just walks away. Also is clutch is basically gone. The wierd thing is before I had my uppipe and downpipe installed I would walk him everytime...although he had just installed his s-charger so maybe his computer needed time to adjust
    Next race against a stock 95 Civic w/ a integra ls engine and a 50 shot. This race went about the same as w/ the Si, but he didn't pull as hard. Around 100 he had half a car length.
    So, I head home pissed off...just lost to 2 Civics
    On the way I decide to cruise where all the riced out cars go and pulled up on a S2000, we went at it a couple of times..from a 45 roll....pulled on him everytime. So, now that my confidence is up I see a new Saleen covertible and I'm like Oh yeah!...went at it from about 50 as well and who ever took off first would stay there. So, I guess we were pretty evenly matched.
    So now my goal is to take the Si...need to work on my launches, install my MBC, and after that it's time for a turbo upgrade!
    Last edited by TURBLOWN; 05-28-2002 at 10:39 PM.
    02 WRX 355/358 vf30/N20 SOLD!
    05 STI - stock! kinda...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

How do you like the GFB pully kit?? any lighting problems?? are they just lightened stock weight pullies or underdriven??

Rob

They are definetly lighter, but excuse my ignorance I'm not sure if they are undriven. Helps out in daily driveablity, noticed a little more pull in low rpm's...kind of felt like less turbo lag. I did notice while sitting at lights the headlights would dimn a little, but as soon as I touched the gas it was back to normal. To tell you the truth I don't notice it anymore...maybe I'm just use to it though. For me the gain is worth it.
    05 STI - stock! kinda...

Haha ...

There was an article in SCC somewhere when I was looking at the specs for a fast Civic SI and the specs where up to par w/ a WRX ... of course you can make ANY car go fast ... but can it do it in EVERY environment. The MBC will make a HUGE difference so I'd say go spend $49 and race the SI again and see how you do. The S2000 are fast against a stock WRX but NO match w/ exhaust and MBC mods like us. Cobra's stock are also slower than us ... I know ... but like someone said before .... if one messes the launch the it's the other's game.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

I was suprised that you put in all that nice mod and didn't even have a MBC or a Unichip to start with. You are very close to building a wicked rex

This is a turbo car not a NA car. All the mods you have are not helping you go fast. Get that 50 dollar MBC set it at 16 psi and let the uppie and down pipe works the magic. With the uppie you have no EGT worries.

Silverwrx is pulling 13's with only a MBC and Chuglobal is fast as hell too. WRX and DMS are tuned similarly, all those NA tricks doesn't work as well, you want boost and more boost
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

Yo

16psi and you're good to go ... launch or hwy ... just be careful ... remember you're choosing your own path. Just make sure the path you take makes your WRX shine. Don't have too much fun. I haven't had anyone in a while try anything, weird?
    2004 STI White/Gold

Yeah, I just got my dual stage mbc today, but the guy I bought it from forgot to include the switch that you mount in the car. So as soon as I get the switch it's 16psi. I'll post back when I beat the Si.
    05 STI - stock! kinda...

Yo

Go represent.
    2004 STI White/Gold

dam what kind of times are you pulling at the track? I run a civic hb w/ a b18b and run a 15.1-15.2 and w/ a 50 shot my guess is about a mid 14, I am suprised that the hb had u by 1/2 a car length, also depending on what kind of boost he is running he is maybe running the same time or a sub 14sec run.

intresting race maybe i will keep my hb instead of getting a wrx
    Registered Members: 1944
    Welcome to our newest member, GTRsi

GTRsi- On a g-tech I ran a best time of 14.1 before removing all three of my cats w/a uppipe and downpipe. So, now I'm hoping to be running at least 13.8- 13.6. The Civic was not a HB though it's a 2door sedan. I think the ls engine is rated at 140Hp and yours is 170 right? The guy said it was completly stock...no exhaust, headers or nothing...just a 50 shot. Now I'm not quite sure I believe that....this guy was also hanging w/ my friends S-charged SI w/ every bolt on available.

As far as keeping the Hb instead of a WRX. That's a easy one for me.
    05 STI - stock! kinda...

I have a 1995 civic hb with the integra ls motor rated at the same 140 hp. I only have a cheap exhaust and intake and i kick the crap out of n/a civic si's. even with cams the si's arn't that fast now the s/c'ed and turbos are anthor story. what year coupe does he have? mine w/ me in it and 1/2 tank gas and 2 bags from work, spare tire , and all the int crap weighs about 2400lbs.
    Registered Members: 1944
    Welcome to our newest member, GTRsi

Not sure what year it was, but it had the old headlights that were 2 piece(head and clear corner) so I was guessing anywhere from 95-98. Anyway where do you race at in Houston? Last saturday I went out to beltway and hammerly and there were tons of hondas...it seems like a ls engine swap is really popular, I talked to a least 3 other people that had engine.
    05 STI - stock! kinda...

I'm a newbie whats an MBC?

manual boost controller
    02 WRX Silver, 03 Baja Yellow

simple enough. Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.