WRX vs. Mach 1
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Mach 1 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, this all happned this afternoon. A friend of mine at work went to lunch with her dad, and pulls ...

WRX vs. Mach 1

Ok, this all happned this afternoon. A friend of mine at work went to lunch with her dad, and pulls up in front of the office driving a '03 red Mach 1. I went out to check the car out and compliment him on it...I almost bought a blue one instead of my WRX. We talk for a few minutes and he asks what I drive now, so I point to my WRX parked close by. He at least recognized the car as a Subaru, and told me "I heard not to f**k with those things...but you wanna race?" I decided to take my lunch then and we went out to a straight section of road and waited for traffic to clear. We went on the 3rd horn beep and I imediately pulled on him, I could hear his tires screaming. Around when I hit 50 mph he started pulling pretty hard and by 100 when I shut down he was at my back door. I called it a win, he called it a loss. The Mach 1 was bone stock (all 305 hp of it) but its tires were very very bald. Otherwise I'm sure he would have beaten me pretty bad had he caught traction. My mods are turbo back, MBC @ 15.5 psi, & a short shifter. I love beating other stang owners

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

good kill

I Support ClubWRX
    The best part is put a KB 2200 or a S-trim on that thing and your off to the races. Or in his case just some good DR's...good race from the sounds of it.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I've heard somewhere that those things run mid 13s out of the showroom. Good Kill.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

nice kill... there is a mach 1 running around my town but we have not got to race yet....but i have ran a 96 supercharged saleen....
    03 wrx built 205 fpred...423whp 93oct 556whp c16
    04 sti white with gold rims. now with the fp3586r turbo...anyone wanna play? 750whp either way it's fast!!!

Good kill, theyre basicaly the old Cobra (non supercharged) re-named as a Mach-1. Very nice cars and they do haul ass. Very good bang for the buck if you ask me.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Re: WRX vs. Mach 1

Originally posted by scoobie1
    Ok, this all happned this afternoon. A friend of mine at work went to lunch with her dad, and pulls up in front of the office driving a '03 red Mach 1. I went out to check the car out and compliment him on it...I almost bought a blue one instead of my WRX. We talk for a few minutes and he asks what I drive now, so I point to my WRX parked close by. He at least recognized the car as a Subaru, and told me "I heard not to f**k with those things...but you wanna race?" I decided to take my lunch then and we went out to a straight section of road and waited for traffic to clear. We went on the 3rd horn beep and I imediately pulled on him, I could hear his tires screaming. Around when I hit 50 mph he started pulling pretty hard and by 100 when I shut down he was at my back door. I called it a win, he called it a loss. The Mach 1 was bone stock (all 305 hp of it) but its tires were very very bald. Otherwise I'm sure he would have beaten me pretty bad had he caught traction. My mods are turbo back, MBC @ 15.5 psi, & a short shifter. I love beating other stang owners

Was this from a stop or if from a roll how fast were you going when you started? They have a badass topend, I dont understand...
    2003 Platinum Silver WRX
    Stock Gutted Uppipe

Good Kill

I wanted to know the same from a stop or roll??

Cuz evertime I race a wrx stop or roll I beat it. I am all stock, except for the tires. The mach 1's have the solid rear vs my IRS making it a lot easier to launch. Maybe the guy couldnt drive, in my area the Machs are running 12.9 1/4's with sticky tires and NO mods.
    2001 Mustang Cobra
    Vortech @9psi
    13* Timing and 11.5AFR
    Tuned by ME

Hey, Was the Mach 1 an automatic or a 5speed.

I ran one at the track and got murdered. I ran a 14.0 @ 97 mph and he ran a 13.20 106 mph. The guy had 30 day tags on it.

Originally posted by Drod
    Hey, Was the Mach 1 an automatic or a 5speed.

I ran one at the track and got murdered. I ran a 14.0 @ 97 mph and he ran a 13.20 106 mph. The guy had 30 day tags on it.
    that is very possible, they have more torque than my car. I think the Mach driver was a newbie.
    2001 Mustang Cobra
    Vortech @9psi
    13* Timing and 11.5AFR
    Tuned by ME

double post
    2001 Mustang Cobra
    Vortech @9psi
    13* Timing and 11.5AFR
    Tuned by ME

Re: Re: WRX vs. Mach 1

Originally posted by MR REX
    Was this from a stop or if from a roll how fast were you going when you started? They have a badass topend, I dont understand...
    It was from a stop & it was a 5 speed. Yes, they do have badass topend, which is why he started to pull on me so hard. I had to shut down at 100 because we were coming up on an intersection. But we went about a 1/4 mile, had we gone any further I'm sure he would have passed me. Like I said, his tires front & back were bald so he just sat there spinning when I launched. And not that it makes too much of a difference, but I forgot to list my up pipe in the mods.

Originally posted by mike01svt
    Good Kill

I wanted to know the same from a stop or roll??

Cuz evertime I race a wrx stop or roll I beat it. I am all stock, except for the tires. The mach 1's have the solid rear vs my IRS making it a lot easier to launch. Maybe the guy couldnt drive, in my area the Machs are running 12.9 1/4's with sticky tires and NO mods.
    Read the guy's post. He said "We went on the 3rd horn beep and I imediately pulled on him, I could hear his tires screaming. Around when I hit 50 mph he started pulling pretty hard and by 100 when I shut down he was at my back door. I called it a win, he called it a loss. The Mach 1 was bone stock (all 305 hp of it) but its tires were very very bald. Otherwise I'm sure he would have beaten me pretty bad had he caught traction."

Judging from the fact that they went on the "third beep" I'd assume that it was a rolling race, though he does omit the speeds that this race was from. Also, I think he acknowledged that fact that the guy had bald tires that kept him from gaining traction and probably would have beaten him if he had indeed gained traction from the start.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by smokey
    Read the guy's post. He said "We went on the 3rd horn beep and I imediately pulled on him, I could hear his tires screaming. Around when I hit 50 mph he started pulling pretty hard and by 100 when I shut down he was at my back door. I called it a win, he called it a loss. The Mach 1 was bone stock (all 305 hp of it) but its tires were very very bald. Otherwise I'm sure he would have beaten me pretty bad had he caught traction."

Judging from the fact that they went on the "third beep" I'd assume that it was a rolling race, though he does omit the speeds that this race was from. Also, I think he acknowledged that fact that the guy had bald tires that kept him from gaining traction and probably would have beaten him if he had indeed gained traction from the start.
    i did read it. he clarified it for me.
    2001 Mustang Cobra
    Vortech @9psi
    13* Timing and 11.5AFR
    Tuned by ME

Yep, the 3 horn beep is usually always done from a roll, but since he didn't mention the speed at which they started at I wasn't sure. And turns out that it was indeed from a stop.

good kill either way....
    2003 Platinum Silver WRX
    Stock Gutted Uppipe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.