WRX vs. Mach 1 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Mach 1 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by MR REX Yep, the 3 horn beep is usually always done from a roll, but since he ...

Originally posted by MR REX
    Yep, the 3 horn beep is usually always done from a roll, but since he didn't mention the speed at which they started at I wasn't sure. And turns out that it was indeed from a stop.

good kill either way....
    Haha, then it turns out that I have owned myself..doh!

2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Fast car crappy driver = Owned. The 2004 Model will have 320 HP and 335 tourque. Compared to 305 and 320 tourque. Still a win is a win. I saw the mach1 guy I raced later that evening come from behind and beat a stock STI. STI ran a 13.38 don't remember mph and the Mach 1 ran a 13.29. STI ran a 1.8 60 ft and he ran a 2.0.
    Last edited by Drod; 01-06-2004 at 12:09 PM.

no, the mach isnt the same as a 98 cobra...it makes the same peak hp but thats it. it doesnt have a dohc motor or 7k rpm redline like the cobra and it makes more low end torque too. its basically a nice little hopped up gt.

Originally posted by torqueterror
    no, the mach isnt the same as a 98 cobra...it makes the same peak hp but thats it. it doesnt have a dohc motor or 7k rpm redline like the cobra and it makes more low end torque too. its basically a nice little hopped up gt.
    you are mistaken for sure. the mach is exactly like a cobra, DOHC and even more like a 98 cobra than a newer cobra due to it's Solid Rear End. It has the exact same DOHC engine, it has been rated at 305 HP at the factory vs the 98 cobra's 305 as well. the 99-2001 cobras had 320 HP and IRS
    2003 Platinum Silver WRX
    Stock Gutted Uppipe

I Support ClubWRX
    It's a rebadged, solid axle, shaker hood COBRA. Spend some more time on stangnet or at corral buddy.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

what he said.
    2001 Mustang Cobra
    Vortech @9psi
    13* Timing and 11.5AFR
    Tuned by ME

The car traps 105 whether its a 96-98 cobra or the new mach1. Obviously traction was bad issue in this case. 12.9 for just sticky tires seems unrealistic because the car isnt making enough rear wheel horse. (its not an LS1), but the 4.6 motor is very strong DOHC and revvs to 8 grand. Its one of the best sounding 8cylinders out there.... I love that motor. grrr your buddy from work has a wonderful car.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

I have timeslips in front of me where i trap 104 but my et was only 13.6. The mach with it's solid rear allows for the use of ET slicks to net around a 1.7- 1.8 60' which gets it the 12.9. The 2001 cobra's IRS has weak halfshafts which wont allow for use of tires stickier than the DR's. The horsepower is there I beleive it gets around 287rwhp for the 01 cobra and the mach was getting 29x rwhp. with some gears alone either car will destroy the LS-1 vette or camaro (stock ones)
    2001 Mustang Cobra
    Vortech @9psi
    13* Timing and 11.5AFR
    Tuned by ME

just for kicks here is the mach1 in my area and his/her time

Melissa driving BigBadMach (2003 4V 4.6L Mach1)
    12.95 @ 105.08 mph 1.66 60ft. 12/05/03

this run was with the et slicks in the rear with draglites.

edit: the more i think about it, she MIGHT have an exhuast. not too sure on that though
    Last edited by mike01svt; 01-06-2004 at 06:47 PM.
    2001 Mustang Cobra
    Vortech @9psi
    13* Timing and 11.5AFR
    Tuned by ME

The car is some what diffrent than the pre 03 cobras.

10.1 compression

3.55 Gears

Pre 03

9.5 compression

3.27 gears

The Mach 1 hp is underrated. I have seen 290 rwhp on the dyno. Tha = 330 HP. They underated it do to previous issues and to increase the hp gap between it and the claimed 390 for the SC 03. We all know by now, that the crank hp on the 03 cobra is more like 425.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.