Yet another srt-4 crashes?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Yet another srt-4 crashes? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I don't know... is it the car or is it suppose to crumple like that? I've never seen a civic ...

Yet another srt-4 crashes?

I don't know... is it the car or is it suppose to crumple like that? I've never seen a civic bend up or have their axle's cracked like that

Keep it on the track!

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/show...ighlight=crash

Last edited by smolten; 01-04-2004 at 07:21 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hmmm Looks like the srt is off my list and it comes down to

- WRX 2002-2003 (no `04 I can't stand the lights)
    - IS 300
    - MBenz c320

I think the main problem is that to many inexperienced drivers are getting high powered cars and getting themselves into s**t. 10 years ago not to many cars had 200+ hp from the factory. Sorry for the hijack, but any car will fold up it suspension after a high speed drift across a curb.

What is the point of this thread?

smolten,

What is the point of this thread? Glorifying someone else's misfortune is a childish behavior. How would you feel if you found out that someone lost a loved one in one of the crashes that you've posted?

Since you signed-on to clubwrx on 3/11/03, you have posted 70 times to date, thankfully, all in one forum; wrx-v-world. At least you're isolated.

From reading your posts, I'll assume that you're not yet old enough to vote and have way too much free time. With stellar contributions like this one:

Good thing Mazda overrated the HP. Imagine if that car was fast... it might of killed more people.

I'm sure that you are destined to become an outstanding member of this community. Why not just move along now? Please?

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Curtis

Wow, wow, wow. That musta been one helluva ride. Nothing on that car made it out without a bit of damage. Musta rolled something fierce.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

The thing is .. is it suppose to crumple like that? Most other cars I've seen take head on collisions and the front end is bashed up and that's about it. It looks like the car is almost made out of plastic.

Does the wrx crumple like that? If so then yoink it's off my list too

Oh and to much free time?? I'm not the one with 788 posts.

Kthnx.

I Support ClubWRX
    Does anyone know if SRT-4 insurance rates have gone up a lot since the car's introduction? Maybe I'm just seeing more pics of wrecked SRT's than is representative of reality...

I imagine that the car being around $20k would be big with high-school guys and we all know what happens to them driving fast cars. Just wondering if an abnormally high number of these have been wrecked within the past year or so.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

WRX
    Originally posted by Integra96
    I imagine that the car being around $20k would be big with high-school guys
    I've actually only seen about three in my area, and all of the guys were in their mid 20's. As far as the high school factor, if a kid that age does get a car like that, or any car period, it's inexperience that I would be fearful of!

That's one of the reasons why I think the driving age should be raised to 18. I know I wasn't responsible enough to be driving, yet they handed a license over to me...
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Originally posted by smolten

Kthnx.
    You also haven't been a part of this community since February 2002. Not to mention, Moderating tends to raise post counts.

C

Post To answer the original question

Originally posted by smolten
    The thing is .. is it suppose to crumple like that? Most other cars I've seen take head on collisions and the front end is bashed up and that's about it. It looks like the car is almost made out of plastic.

Does the wrx crumple like that? If so then yoink it's off my list too

Kthnx.
    Now, to answer your question:

Yes, cars are designed to crumple like that, and in many other ways, just as they are designed to have components break away on impact. This is designed in order to dissipate energy and thus minimize the effects on the vehicle's occupants.

This is in contrast to the design of cars built in the earlier years, where they were built like tanks. The cars sustained less damage, however, the occupants continued traveling at the vehicles rate of speed despite the vehicles sudden decelleration on impact. This also led to the use of seat belts. Unfortunately, despite the engineering advancements of today's vehicles, people still choose to not use seat belts, relying on air bags (or luck), but, that's a personal choice. Darwin usually takes care of those individuals, eventually.

Peace,

Curtis

does anyone else think this is impossilbe to do with a FWD car??? look at the part where he has it totally backwards and swings it the way he was swung. It's physically impossible to do that unless u put it in Reverse in which case it's still hard due to your momentum.

IMHO older cars are built better. U get hit it's nothing now adays u have a mess if u have a little accident. but thats imo
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Most definately possible^^^^^.
    Gets off the gas, stabs the brake, and induces some serious LTO. Could also have been weight transfer from a full tank of gas.

Pictures like this remind me why 250 HP for under $20,000 is a bad idea. But there's been posts on this before, so I digress. It is a shame to all involved.

mike
    Creeping up on creeping for a decade.
    Bugeye Mafia V2 #322

Originally posted by WRX
    I've actually only seen about three in my area, and all of the guys were in their mid 20's. As far as the high school factor, if a kid that age does get a car like that, or any car period, it's inexperience that I would be fearful of!

That's one of the reasons why I think the driving age should be raised to 18. I know I wasn't responsible enough to be driving, yet they handed a license over to me...
    Most owners I have seen have been in there 30's

Originally posted by CustomS10
    does anyone else think this is impossilbe to do with a FWD car??? look at the part where he has it totally backwards and swings it the way he was swung. It's physically impossible to do that unless u put it in Reverse in which case it's still hard due to your momentum.

IMHO older cars are built better. U get hit it's nothing now adays u have a mess if u have a little accident. but thats imo
    It depends on how hard he was turning when he goes from Part throttle to WOT at the apex of the turn. Also the overall speed that he was entering the turn in.

Now the part that intrigues me: Will Awd do the same thing? When it comes to skids like that I didn't think AWD would help out much... as it was mostly in the amount of grip the tires have

Originally posted by CustomS10
    [IM]http://srt4.thebatanesislands.com/mysrt4/crash111603/silverbullet_scene.jpg[/IMG] does anyone else think this is impossilbe to do with a FWD car??? look at the part where he has it totally backwards and swings it the way he was swung. It's physically impossible to do that unless u put it in Reverse in which case it's still hard due to your momentum.

Todays cars ARE safer. Granted a small accident will fudge up your car quite a bit, but it is all designed to keep all the little people inside safe. I hit the ass end of a 94 Impala going less than 20 by the time I hit her, and I did close to 5k in damage.
    "Well kids you tried and didn't succeed, the important thing to remember here is...... Never Try." - Homer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast