Yet another srt-4 crashes? - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Yet another srt-4 crashes? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by CustomS10 does anyone else think this is impossilbe to do with a FWD car??? look at the ...

Originally posted by CustomS10
    does anyone else think this is impossilbe to do with a FWD car??? look at the part where he has it totally backwards and swings it the way he was swung. It's physically impossible to do that unless u put it in Reverse in which case it's still hard due to your momentum.

IMHO older cars are built better. U get hit it's nothing now adays u have a mess if u have a little accident. but thats imo
    Its very easy to see what happened, he entered the turn too hot, kept on the gas and proceeded to understeer at which point he sees the posts etc that hes heading too.

He then lifts off the throttle and jams on the brakes resulting in serious LTO, placing all the weight on the front followed by the rear becoming light and sliding out really fast and violently.

And id rather have more damage to my car and live then have a car that is a tank with me getting killed while the car takes on minimal damage, the FACT is that the older cars were not safe and are no comparison to todays vehicles.

Heck, im willing to say that a hyundai is safer then the older cars.
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Jeez, I've seen more pictures on the internet of wrecked SRTs than I've seen undamaged ones on the internet and in person combined. Looks like its the new idiot mobile. Wow.

Good explanation DEADPOOL. That's pretty much how I saw it.

Apparently dodge didn't do their algebra when they built this car.

230whp + 1 wheel drive + teenage drivers + bad crash test ratings = OUCH!!!
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

smolten (aka block911) you are really starting to piss me off with your posts. You have not contributed one thing to this community or ANY OTHER community you have ever been involved in. I visit A LOT of car forums because I am a car enthusiast and the only time I ever see you post is to start sh*t!! When are you going to grow up and not be an azzclown? Curtis nailed it right on the head with you on his first post. You are nothing but a menASS to car communities.

Sorry guys rant over. Just sick of his useless posting on car forums. The funny thing is, is that he drives a Mazda 6 and is well hated in the Mazda community! LOL
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Originally posted by DEADPOOL
    Its very easy to see what happened, he entered the turn too hot, kept on the gas and proceeded to understeer at which point he sees the posts etc that hes heading too.

He then lifts off the throttle and jams on the brakes resulting in serious LTO, placing all the weight on the front followed by the rear becoming light and sliding out really fast and violently.

And id rather have more damage to my car and live then have a car that is a tank with me getting killed while the car takes on minimal damage, the FACT is that the older cars were not safe and are no comparison to todays vehicles.

Heck, im willing to say that a hyundai is safer then the older cars.
    You are are so RIGHT ON with your post man!!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

I need to get this off my chest: I cannot stand ppl who think a car sucks cuz it crumples up in a crash! Thats a good thing! You want the car to absorb some of the force of the crash! You dont want it to just stay like it was new and have all the shock of the crash go to your body! Kids at my highschool always talk about how their trucks wouldnt crumple like smaller cars would...little do they know that its advantageous to their health for the car to do so...Oh well sorry for the rant!

Damn some of those were pretty bad wrecks. As previously noted though, the rear end can very easily swing around on a fwd...and not even touch the brakes. Both of my previous cars from a while back (VW & 98 Audi A4) were FWD and you could very easily throttle steer them. If coming into the turn too hot you'd lift and have the rear slide around a bit to straighten, then get back on the gas. The VW could almost get sideways as it had a larger rear anti roll bar and stickier tires...so the weight would transfer to the front when lifting thus lightening the rear. the suspension was stiff enough that you wouldn't lose much energy through body roll and viola...around comes the tail. It's always fun to do but also a sign that you're doing a lousy job of driving by coming in too hot to have to keep correcting.

T.

I Support ClubWRX
    FWD can rotate!

For decades, the VW Golf GTI (in either 1.6L or 1.8L forms) would turn with the inner rear wheel in the air, and once you got it like that if you lost your nerve, ran out of real estate, or got ham-fisted with it, it'd snap into oversteer. The Peugeots are like that too; either the 205 GTi, 205 Rallye, or the 106s with the same names can do a spin, especially if you ask them too. Renaults likewise; the Clio was one of the best handling cars ever, loads of fun, but one always had to be careful what they asked for.

Keep in mind these are *not* poorly handling cars I've mentioned; for their day, and on the driver's day, they handled as good as anything FWD (or any other format, for that matter).

By braking *v-e-r-y* late like the accident scene cartoon shows, the car is being told "spin about your axis *quick* right now!" and to its credit, it did. I'd imagine our Imprezas would do much the same thing, though we have additional weirdness going on in that we don't have independent control of an axle or the other using the pedals.

Hindsight is 20:20, but given what we were shown, something expensive was going to happen for sure once the car passed the apex. A quick lift off the throttle and sawing at the wheel may have helped Lauda or someone like that, but not someone like me, I'm afraid...

Röhrl is without a doubt one of the best drives in history. Once, he overcooked it and rather than fight a losing battle (see cartoon above) he decided to go off the road *head-first* (surprising to me but I see the point after he explained it -- stuff is designed to withstant a frontal, a broadside can be much messier at times, and rolling *really* sucks etc.).

At least the car worked as intended and the driver (I assume?) was OK enough to post online again.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Alright that's enough guys. To be honest, I'm tired of it too, Smolten. Let's end the 'oh look, another SRT-4 is dead' threads, ok?

This thread is being locked down. We've all seen it now.
    2010 SSM STI

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.