civic rice- what were they thinking?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on civic rice- what were they thinking? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Okay, I didn't race this car. I saw it on ebay and I thought it was great. This guy has ...

civic rice- what were they thinking?

Okay, I didn't race this car. I saw it on ebay and I thought it was great. This guy has a turbo civic he put $93,800 into. I'm betting that it only makes 200 whp or so.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6256

So my question is- why waste money on this? Yeah, I'd be willing to bet that it handles, brakes, and takes off well. But I'd also bet that a STi would school him. So what could I do with $94,000?

-Buy a WRX brand new, give it to easy street and get a 760 hp engine build (+$30,000), Some suspension mods and bam. $60k and its way better. Take the remaining $38,000 and buy an Sti for daily use and also take a month long vacation to anywhere you want.

-Or buy 3 Stis. Take one and absolutely gut the interior for track/drag use. The other two can be your 1) daily driver 2) special occasion car.

-Buy a used WRX sedan, TXS Stage IV + FMIC + Headers + nitrous, 18" prodrive wheels and tires, Tein SS coilovers, Cobb stage III big brake kit, Stage III drivetrain for about $35,000 total . Spend the remaining ~$58,000 on a Z06 corvette or perhaps the new lotus elise and a civic for a daily driver.

-Reserve a spot on the next Russian rocket (so you an go into outer space). You can get that for 100Gs right?

Doh! This guy is clearly insane and must immediately be taken to a mental institution. I don't care how much you put into your civic, you really only impress a select number of like-minded individuals. The rest of us understand the limitations of a FF economy car. Appraised value- $63,000 by whom? I think he is in for a reality check because right now the highest bid is 14,000 which is barely more than the car would be stock. I should buy this thing and part it out but I don't want to waste my time.

BTW I have an e-mail into the seller asking if they have any time slips or dyno charts for this beast. I told him I was "very interested".
    Last edited by keystah; 01-04-2004 at 05:10 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The problem is he wasnt thinking. very sad

i agree, i can respect the work done, i just dont know why they would start on that platform.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

i am guessing that the 94,000 is half labor. theres a good chance he didnt do any of it himself and had it all professionally installed.

I would have bought an M5 and used to rest for a downpayment for a house or something

WRX
    he probably got his doors blown off by an SRT-4, and said 'to hell with this!'
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

OMG thats hot!

Hahaha $93,000, first off that would be ludicrous to spend on a civic or any FWD car.

And second i dont see $93,000 in anything there.

Either way its a piece of trash that needs to be taken out with the rest of the rice.
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

That thing is NOT worth $93,000 or even $63,000. My PT has most of the interior done, practically all of the exterior done, suspension, electronics and enough parts to build a wholly new engine, along with a turbo kit and wasn't anywhere near HALF that Civic. ...and my PT is selling for more, haha.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Originally posted by renichms
    That thing is NOT worth $93,000 or even $63,000. My PT has most of the interior done, practically all of the exterior done, suspension, electronics and enough parts to build a wholly new engine, along with a turbo kit and wasn't anywhere near HALF that Civic. ...and my PT is selling for more, haha.

RN

i cant believe im saying this.... pics of pt?
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Originally posted by ebr0t
    i cant believe im saying this.... pics of pt?
    I think I've left its old site up but the pics are out of date and, obviously, my thinking has since changed. http://mephisto.schoolsubjects.com/

Minor changes to the box in the back have been made with no pics, fog lights added with no pics and tons and tons and tons of engine parts have come in but not all of it has been installed. Plus the air ride is waiting to be pulled out in favor of springs before it sells. The small screens in the pics have been moved as well...some show pics might show where to but I'm not sure. As for being a show car, I still like the PT but I won't be putting a body kit on a car of mine again, nor will I ever use air ride again.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

hahaha

MONEY INVESTED: $93,847.63

APPRAISED VALUE: $63,000

tells you something about investing in a civic....

sad thing is that even sponsors don't want it...

Thumbs down

HONN-DUH

-Jim

$94,000 invested? Does that include all the gas, oil, maintenance, and insurance that the owner "invested"?

I Support ClubWRX
    I can appreciate the work done, but not the platform it was done on, but to each his own. One thing I've learned, never throw good money after bad. I could throw 50k in a Kia rio, but it will always be a Kia rio. This thing is only 15 minutes from me. I'm really tempted to go look at it it find out where over 90k was spent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast