STi vs. SRT4 - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on STi vs. SRT4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; for anybody interested here is a thread (with video) on the srt forums with a lil encounter from a roll ...

for anybody interested here is a thread (with video) on the srt forums with a lil encounter from a roll between an srt4 and sti, both modded

http://srtforums.com/forums/showthre...567#post452567

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Stock to Stock both should be very close. Of course ive seen 04s stock running between 13.9s to 13.5s. Im going to post my stock 04 dyno pull that i did last week. Only mod was K&N.

Dannymy stock srt-4

yea my friends keep telling me "sti's get smoked by srt-4"...i have no idea where they are getting this from..apparenty there are some videos or something of some noob getting torched...i certainly know many people who claim that the srt destroys the sti from a roll...however i dont think that a beast of a car like the sti would lose to many things even if it is awd

Originally posted by drizze99
    Shaitiger - Should I nick name you "Reality Check"?
    That name is fine with me Drizz . I'm trying to be the voice of reason but most here believe ignorance is bliss .

Originally posted by jungdragon
    I love the sti, but let's be a little more realistic.
    This guy will be my substitute.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    I know that my awd is going to leave whatever is next to me way behind.
    That confidence is something I never had in my LT1 or LS1 z28s.
    It seems like you didn't have the correct combo. I've got a buddy in our club who has basically the same mods(stock heads) as I do but with the addition of suspension upgrades and his high stall auto T/A ran an 11.3 at 118 w/ 1.50 60ft on NITTOS on a cold track this winter. I raced him from a roll up to 135mph and I pulled on him a tad in 4th gear. Gosh I wish I could magically convert my SS to an auto when needed . There are many high stall auto LS1s out there that welcome AWD opponents from a stop.
    Last edited by Shaitiger; 01-23-2004 at 12:35 PM.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Originally posted by Shaitiger
    It seems like you didn't have the correct combo. I've got a buddy in our club who has basically the same mods(stock heads) as I do but with the addition of suspension upgrades and his high stall auto T/A ran an 11.2 at 119 w/ 1.4 60ft on NITTOS on a cold track this winter. I raced him from a roll up to 135mph and I pulled on him a tad in 4th gear. Gosh I wish I could magically convert my SS to an auto when needed . There are many high stall auto LS1s out there that welcome AWD opponents from a stop.

I will never dispute the fact that a well setup rear driver with heated up slicks or even drag radials can cut some unreal 60' times. Heck, the fastest cars on the planet are rear drive automatics.

I'm also pretty sure your friend was running heated slicks on his 1.4 sec 60' time.

I'm talking about on the street. I love having the confidence when I line up next to someone. I can drop the hammer at 5000 rpms and know I'm going to jump off the line like a rocket. In
    my LS1/LT1 z28's I never had confidence. Even with drag radials I lost way too many races because of traction issues. I got beat by so many cars that were "slower than me".

A good example is the Video of the STi vs the 02 SS with drag radails. On the street, that STi completely killed him off the line.
    That has also been my experience. I've raced 5 different LS1's on the street and each time I've killed them off the line.

I had to correct myself SGOSWRX,

This was the run . If you still don't believe me I can get him on here.

100% street trim/~3600# it went 11.32 at 118 w/ 1.50 60ft. on nittos and torque thrusts.

That said, LS1s like this would still own a huge percentage of AWD opponents street racing from a stop . Again, they are not only equal or better than AWD from a stop, but love to race us M6 LS1s and M5/M6 Stangs because they can basically 60ft us into a coma.
    Last edited by Shaitiger; 01-23-2004 at 04:00 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.