STi vs. SRT4 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi vs. SRT4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Mili727 Oh my God...I took them off to put on the Invidia DP...DP didnt fit = stock ...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: STi vs. SRT4

Originally posted by Mili727
    Oh my God...I took them off to put on the Invidia DP...DP didnt fit = stock downpipe back on.

But the heatsheilds are still off. Cause im getting a new one soon.

but still, what does that have to do with the race? they made no difference, so i don't understand.... whatever

Originally posted by AbACUZ
    im new in here, I am AbACUZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    No where, is my style diferent, yes, I am AbACUZ.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: STi vs. SRT4

Originally posted by TurboWRX
    but still, what does that have to do with the race? they made no difference, so i don't understand.... whatever

maybe saying he has an aftermarket downpipe in a VERY strange way.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Originally posted by Jaysonsrt4
    Tonight this SRT4 followed me out onto the road. Then we raced from about 30 - 110.

I down shifted to 3rd gear and was around 5500 rpm. He was at my back door, then I shifted to 4th and I was gone.

Id say I beat him by about 5 cars, then he gave up.

Maybe from a stop you would take him by 5 cars...but from a roll that's something diiferent. Not sure why you downshifed to third from a 30 mph roll, or at anytime during the race. Not saying I don't believe you, just hard to understand what was going on and I'm sure he gave up or something. Srt's don't die like that, if anything the srt would be hanging right in there the whole way.
    as much as i hate to admit it, i have to agree. the 2004 SRT4s are putting down around 250 at the wheels stock. there are dynos out there to prove it.

Originally posted by JDM 3SGTE
    as much as i hate to admit it, i have to agree. the 2004 SRT4s are putting down around 250 at the wheels stock. there are dynos out there to prove it.

i guess dodge is retarded, cause they claim less then what the srt's actually have

i heard that they used to say 215hp and 245 lb ft for the '03 model, and now they say 230hp and 250 lb ft for the '04

are yu sure they can put down 250 to the wheels?? or 250 crank hp?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: STi vs. SRT4

Originally posted by TurboWRX

WEIGHT SAVINGS!! Jon is just trying to honest, came out a bit cryptic though.

He had us all convinced that he got an Evo. Turns out he was still shopping and ended up looking silly.

I've actually brought a car home and returned it, but atleast I had it in my driveway overnight.

-Jim

Originally posted by Blue EJ20 WRX
    i heard that they used to say 215hp and 245 lb ft for the '03 model, and now they say 230hp and 250 lb ft for the '04
    The hp and torque ratings for the '04 models changed because Dodge actually made a few improvements to the engine; they didn't just do it to correct their underrated figures.

the 04 models basically have a mopar stage1 plus an lsd. and yes im sure its 250 at the wheels. ive seen the dynos.

Originally posted by JDM 3SGTE
    I saw the 248 dyno and that was the one that wasn't adjusted. It was later stated that the adjusted numbers were around 230. I'm not seeing a 5-speed with 230 whp keeping with a 6-speed with 250+ whp. The numbers don't work.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

althogh the SRT-4 has the rolling advantage, i believe what milli says.

1/4 mile was the cars are about 1 full second apart

sti=low 13's high 12's
    srt4=low 14's high 13's

3 1/2 - 4cars would sound more realistic, but i have no doubt a well driven STI can pull about 5 cars on a stock srt4.
    but i also dont understand why you would downshift to 3rd gear at 30mph.

btw, congrats on the new car. I hope you enjoy it

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    but i also dont understand why you would downshift to 3rd gear at 30mph.
    The STi geaing is incredibly short.

The STi geaing is incredibly short.
    Oh, yeah it's short. I'm in 5th for 45mph cruising.

Originally posted by mx_9
    Oh, yeah it's short. I'm in 5th for 45mph cruising.
    To save gas, I usually go 6th at 50 unless I intend to keep going beyond 50...accelerating from 50 in 6th is badbad idea.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Re: STi vs. SRT4

Tonight this SRT4 followed me out onto the road. Then we raced from about 30 - 110.

I down shifted to 3rd gear and was around 5500 rpm. He was at my back door, then I shifted to 4th and I was gone.

Id say I beat him by about 5 cars, then he gave up.

I am stock with no heatshields. (STi).

I dont know what he had done.

EDIT - Just found out it was a 2004 SRT4 with a BOV.
    good kill mili...... i have 2 friends that have the 03's but i have never raced a 04.....yes i have raced both an beatin both...i love my rex..
    03 wrx built 205 fpred...423whp 93oct 556whp c16
    04 sti white with gold rims. now with the fp3586r turbo...anyone wanna play? 750whp either way it's fast!!!

Originally posted by Blue EJ20 WRX
    i guess dodge is retarded, cause they claim less then what the srt's actually have
    I think it's better that it's understated, rather than overstated like many other car manufacturers out there *cough* hyundai *cough*

Plus it looks better in car reviews when you understate the hp numbers and the guys find out about it

Originally posted by TurnWRX
    I think it's better that it's understated, rather than overstated like many other car manufacturers out there *cough* hyundai *cough*

Plus it looks better in car reviews when you understate the hp numbers and the guys find out about it
    Also a little easier on the pockets when it comes to car insurance!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.