Destroyed SRT-4. Ouch. - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Destroyed SRT-4. Ouch. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i wonder why he was in mexico?...

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    i wonder why he was in mexico?
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by YeloFvr
    Do SRT4's even have a crash test rating?
    Just don't Crash!
    Drag racing? I like my racing to last longer than the average orgasm...

Man He is luck, 2 weeks ago my best friend almost lost his life in a car accident his focus swerved off the road and rolled over 6 times ending up laying upside down. Man the roof on that thing barely crumpled and his Carbon Fiber hood was still good, just the axles and rear hatch was messed up really bad as well as the rear sides, but the cage held up pretty well. He escaped with no injuries as a matter of face he crawled out of the car on his own and the people that were there that saw the whole thing was like how is he even alive, there mouths hung open like they just saw a ghost or something. Mine was to I could not believe it. Plus he tells me his airbag did not pop out until the car had finished rolling (that was all he remembered). The way that cage just folds is really disturbing.

Originally posted by Jack
    i wonder why he was in mexico?
    That's where he is from. I know him very well from always talking to him on the forums. I was very saddened to see that post. He only had the car for like 15 days! The Mexican Spec SRT-4's do not come std. with any airbags, not even driverside! He is very lucky to be with us still.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

I Support ClubWRX
    Perhaps he should be grateful there were no airbags. They can often cause more problems than solve them. He's alive and in pretty good shape.
    2010 SSM STI

That's awful...but why do SRT4 wreck pics come up so often? It's not that we shouldn't care but why are they usually singled out?

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Originally posted by renichms
    That's awful...but why do SRT4 wreck pics come up so often? It's not that we shouldn't care but why are they usually singled out?

RN
    Because smolten (aka block911) is a fire starter.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Man that dude is very lucky.....Smolten apparently gets off to posting sh*t like this.......
    Dom
    03 Platinum Silver WRX

wait a min!!? the mexican spec neon srt doesnt have airbags!??! well anyways i cant speak for dodge but i have a 95 impreza and that thing is a baby tank!! ive been in 2 accidents in 7 weeks (none my fault of course) and my lil suby managed to F up an older lincoln mark VIII, guy couldnt beileve that my suby had little front damage, and his bumper was smushed underneath his car. And just weeks after that this 02 maxima rear ends me. I ended up with a giant rub mark and a broken tail light, his maxima is barely drive able. plus my body guy says that the suby was a ***** to pull on the frame machne. So you gotta love subarus fuji heavy industries isnt messing around.

I don't know how he was driving but there seems to be a problem that comes up with low priced, high powered cars. Too many people treat cars like toys. I'm not bashing aggressive driving, but reckless driving happens way too often (you can tell when you're driving recklessly). It's hard for me to believe that some people with years of driving experience, and have witnessed seroius accidents, still drive around the streets like some punk 17 year old.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by WilliamG
    Perhaps he should be grateful there were no airbags. They can often cause more problems than solve them. He's alive and in pretty good shape.
    A deployed airbag saved my skin pretty well a few years ago. I was sitting at a red light when a full sized delivery van ran the light, crossed over to our side and smashed into our car at ~45mph. My coworker and I walked away from it with no injuries.

I have heard that for children/smaller people airbags can be a problem...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by RayfieldsWRX
    A deployed airbag saved my skin pretty well a few years ago. I was sitting at a red light when a full sized delivery van ran the light, crossed over to our side and smashed into our car at ~45mph. My coworker and I walked away from it with no injuries.

I have heard that for children/smaller people airbags can be a problem...
    Notice, I say' can cause more problems....'

The guy who had that SRT-4 accident - if he had the choice to go back in time and do it again with airbags, I would tell him not to.
    2010 SSM STI

I Support ClubWRX
    Whereas if I had the opportunity to go back in time and relive my accident WITHOUT airbags, I would not. I can still vividly recall the feeling of that impact.

I can't help but wonder if that SRT fella wouldn't have such a busted up face if he had hit an airbag vs. .. well, whatever hard thing he hit with his eye. ouch.

Your point is taken, though. Different strokes for different folks...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Anybody else get shivers reading the words "Mexican-spec Neon"?
    FUNKED1
    GO PETTER & TOMMI!!!

Originally posted by drizze99
    All I'm going to say is that these pics that get posted on here are ALL high speed accidents. I'm not making excuses by any means. I hate seeing pics like this. The WRX does have better crash test ratings than the SRT-4, but I have also seen some pretty messed up WRX's. I think it's safe to say that when you are in an accident (in any car) going 50+mph, the car/truck is going to ne real messed up.

Atleast the windshield is intact. That can only be a good thing.
    Platinum WRX Wagon Cobb Stage2
    TXS stealth back/UP with custom Magnaflow muffler
    whiteline adj rear sb, whiteline Antilift kit, whiteline rear strut brace, front strut brace, MRT lightened pulley
    No more AEM Cai ! , 3/16 mod, Grounding mod, Kartboy SS and bushing, Autometer 3 gauge pack and A-pillar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.