My dad is having a hard time picking a color for his new daily driver, please help... - Page 2

View Poll Results: Which color?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Titanium Gray

43 59.72%
  • Ruby Red

9 12.50%
  • Racing Green (new option he is considering)

8 11.11%
  • WHO FREAKING CARES YOUR DAD IS GETTING AN ELISE!!!!

12 16.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on My dad is having a hard time picking a color for his new daily driver, please help... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by PlatinumWRX 1800 lbs/ 190HP = 9.47 lb/HP 3100 lbs/ 280HP = 11.07 lb/HP You sure about that. ...

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    1800 lbs/ 190HP = 9.47 lb/HP

3100 lbs/ 280HP = 11.07 lb/HP

You sure about that.

-Jim
    Furthermore, I need 327BHP to match the 9.47 ratio.

My dad is lighter than me by about 60 lbs. too I need to go on a diet and put a VF35 or 34 back in the car. I'm on the stock turbo now!

ARGH!!

-Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I saw numbers in the mid to high 30's for the Lotus. They were just estimates, as Lotus is keepin it's trap shut right now. The Euro edition has the MG engine, whereas the A-spec is gettin that VVT-i toyota engine. 200 pounds heavier, but a tad slicker and more powerful. The artice I read said that the engineers tuned the handling to compensate for that difference.

From what I've been able to gather, its price-point will keep it out of the hands of kids and solidly in the hands of enthusiasts. Women in general will think its cute till they sit in one, then most likely deem it barbarian. No frills in other words. Not a miata, more a really well sealed go-cart.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

Originally posted by brembo
    I saw numbers in the mid to high 30's for the Lotus. They were just estimates, as Lotus is keepin it's trap shut right now. The Euro edition has the MG engine, whereas the A-spec is gettin that VVT-i toyota engine. 200 pounds heavier, but a tad slicker and more powerful. The artice I read said that the engineers tuned the handling to compensate for that difference.

From what I've been able to gather, its price-point will keep it out of the hands of kids and solidly in the hands of enthusiasts. Women in general will think its cute till they sit in one, then most likely deem it barbarian. No frills in other words. Not a miata, more a really well sealed go-cart.
    In spite of the 200lb difference, I'd take the Toyota mill anyday. Where the hell are you going to get Rover parts in this country? Hell, 200lbs is a adult male passenger.

-Jim

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice car. I drove one back in the UK, and it was nuts. It's a go-kart. Really really low to the ground. Crash = death, and it's noiiiiiiiiiiisy.

Anyway, the grey is the bomb.
    2010 SSM STI

that grey is really nice
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Originally posted by WilliamG
    Nice car. I drove one back in the UK, and it was nuts. It's a go-kart. Really really low to the ground. Crash = death, and it's noiiiiiiiiiiisy.

Anyway, the grey is the bomb.
    As brembo said, it's not chick car by any stretch on the imagination. My dad is obsessed with vehicle weight and cornering. That's where I get it from.

As far as crashes, he's no stranger to danger:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...?threadid=1522
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...?threadid=4331

I'm good on dirtbike, but I won't have the self control to ride a street bike until I'm closer to 30.

-Jim

That Lotus is going to be a damn quick car. I think in Road & Track issue from a few months ago where the Elise was on the cover, they estimated a 0-60 mph time of 4.8 seconds and a quarter-mile time of 12.0 seconds. I don't know about it doing 12 seconds FLAT, but I'm sure you could definitely dip into the 12s in a car that light. Plus I bet you'd get close to 40 mpg (obviously when you're not exploring the car's acceleration abilities).

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX

I'm good on dirtbike, but I won't have the self control to ride a street bike until I'm closer to 30.

-Jim
    You too? I *just* turned 30(Nov 28th) and I drool at the mere mention of a CBR 600RR. I cannot, will not....but want one so so bad I can taste it. I've had two-wheeled conveyance since age 8, all have been dual-sport, torqey affairs. I know the instant I have 100+ hp in a bike my lifespan is nill. My skills are such I'd get away with murder, but chance has a way of catching up to ya. I'm content with a stage 4 WRX, it's prolly too much anyway.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

the gray looks very nice, the red is too typical for a sporty car, while the green just dosent look right in my opinion. The grey sort of keeps the car elegantly sporty looking, and that is definately my vote.

Go with TG. You guyz must have not seen the latest issue of "Sport Compact Car"? They review the US spec Lotus....go check it out

Jim, do you think your dad will adopt me???!!! J/K, I'd go for the Titanium Gray. That color is sick!
    '99.5 Silver Audi A4 1.8T Tip
    '03 Black WRX Wagon 5 spd

Originally posted by demos
    Jim, do you think your dad will adopt me???!!! J/K, I'd go for the Titanium Gray. That color is sick!
    He's got one PITA son already.

-Jim

I'm finally back on my cable modem, so I can look at the high bandwidth Lotus site.

Here are the real color names:
    Storm Titanium
    Bordeaux Red Pearl (the darker red)
    Racing Green

Cable modems suck...dial up 4 evar!!! calling comcast tomorrow

On a more serious note, go with the grey

I vote grey. It looks very sexy. But then again that green has a history. Take what you can get.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast