First 04 cobra kill
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on First 04 cobra kill within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Earlier this afternoon I got my car back from dan at godspeed, I recently had a garret gt30 installed with ...

First 04 cobra kill

Earlier this afternoon I got my car back from dan at godspeed, I recently had a garret gt30 installed with an aps dr650 front mount, 800cc injectors and had it tuned with a utec by dan. I didn't really know what to expect from it when I got it back, and on top of everything it has been raining all day. But to make a long story short I have always dislike this rich snobby bastard in my town who's parent's bought him an 04 cobra for his graduation. ever since I bought my wrx I have tried countless times to race him(on dry and wet pavement) and the closest I've ever gotten was at least two and a half car lengths from him on wet pavement. so anyways as luck would have it the first time taking the car out( since I've gotten it back) as I was driving trying to adjust to the new come on of the boost I saw him fly bye I caught up to him and we began our usual S*** talk but as the light turned I rubbed off my clutch around 2500 rpms got a good launch and passed him coming out of second and by the time I was threw fourth I was at least a car length and a half in front of him. sorry for the long post, but it has always been a dream of my to beat an 04 cobra(my father works for Ford) and thanks to Dan at godspeed, It finally happened

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i raced a 03 cobra, i didn't beat him but he only got me by a car...he would have gotten me worse probably but we was runnning a short distance little over 1/8 but less than a quarter....he was pissed the first time we ran (i guess he expected to beat me by more) he was not satisfied until we ran three more times from a roll....

not for long tho i will go look for him in a month or so....
    03 wrx built 205 fpred...423whp 93oct 556whp c16
    04 sti white with gold rims. now with the fp3586r turbo...anyone wanna play? 750whp either way it's fast!!!

Awesome.

Originally posted by GPatrick
    Awesome.
    Now the 04 Cobra starts modding, then you have to mod more.

It's a vicious cycle, but nice kill.

-Jim

Dang, sounds like Dan did you right. Saw that GT30 sitting next to the stock turbo couple weeks ago while in for a winter tune tweak by him. Massive difference in size
    Was your car that blue one in there?
    02 WRX Wagon Silver SOLD
    03 Cobra Satin Silver, twin screwed, cammed, ported, nasty

nice kill. sc mustangs are fast.
    2002 Subaru Impreza Wrx Sedan

yes that was my blue wrx you saw from the picture. and actually that was my turbo in the picture also. all I can really say about it is it is nothing short of amazing. Everyone I have ever met who has owned a wrx has talked nothing but about the lag of a turbo upgrade. but all I have to say is that I couldn't be happier with it. It has good pull approaching around 4000 rpms, and then after that all you can do is hold on and be prepaired to shift fast. All the hype you hear dan talk about his new turbo kits is no joke. On dan's dyno with my setup I hit over 355 whp on pump gas at between 23 and 24psi and then made around 380 whp on 104 octane. and may I mention that is on a fully stock 2.0l motor. Dan is currently assembling a new 2.5l sti block for me at his shop that he had shipped to canada and bored to a 2.6 and blueprinted and balanced to a set of forged cp pistons, and shot pinned forged sti rods. He figures after we retune on the new block we should easily be able to hit over 30 pounds of boost on the gt30. He also installed a series of impressive supporting mods with the turbo including PE 800cc injectors, walbro fuel pump, dr650 front mount, tial 38mm external wastegate, custom turbo inlet pipe, custom piping on both sides of the turbo fitting to my gt spec headers and a serious of other parts that have been installed at godspeed over the past few months. all and all with a new 6 speed trans I am hoping we will be able to make somewhere around 450-475 to the wheels without nitrous. All I can say is that when me and my friends all bought wrx's I always was the one to look past their overall goals for the car. And to end such a long reply I end with a quote from a great man with a highly modified svt cobra '' when you open your throttle and see your competitions face, if you don't have enough to scare the bravest of hearts then you simply haven't tried hard enough''

how much is this going to cost you? I am interested in your final set up for my car if it isn't out of my $$$ range. Sounds like you have a killer car.

Originally posted by madmmt
    how much is this going to cost you? I am interested in your final set up for my car if it isn't out of my $$$ range. Sounds like you have a killer car.
    what car is that in your sig going over 180mph. I see its an M series but which one?

I was hoping you wouldn't ask. But it's from my M5 in the test mode. They supposedly go 185 if the limiter is removed but I have only hit 160 in mine. You caught me

God
    It's not cheap. I have been working quotes for folks lately and they have been in the $8000 range but that is assuming car is stock. Due to the overwhelming response we got on this kit we may produce it but sadly the moderators here will not allow me to post any of the data fo you folks to see. Sorry guys. E-mail your moderator and let him know how you feel about that.
    Daniel Ponze, Lead Tuner Tuning Factory, Inc.
    PH: (248) 477-0700___FX: (248) 477-0701

I Support ClubWRX
    What do you mean by data? Like Dyno Numbers or what? I guess I can kind of understand that if your taking away from there advitisers...after all you do have your own site.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

God
    I signed up for vendor status and paid them money already. Yes dyno sheets and the like have been deleted when I try to post. We are in the process of seeing what to do.
    Daniel Ponze, Lead Tuner Tuning Factory, Inc.
    PH: (248) 477-0700___FX: (248) 477-0701

I was hoping you wouldn't ask. But it's from my M5 in the test mode. They supposedly go 185 if the limiter is removed but I have only hit 160 in mine. You caught me
    what year is that m5?

and to zswrx, i'm assuming you have engine mods to? Thats quite a bit of horsepower!!
    Last edited by MR REX; 01-06-2004 at 04:07 PM.
    2003 Platinum Silver WRX
    Stock Gutted Uppipe

Actually I am running stock internals and stock block at the moment, if everything goes well I want to upgrade to a machined block that dan is currently assembling at godspeed. By the way if your reading this dan, sorry for not stopping in earlier I had my phone shut off and work still woke me up and called me in on my house phone. Was hoping that I would catch up to you at the bww meet. will call you when I wake up tomorrow. by the way I saw the dyno sheets on your thread, can't believe the moderators were keeping you from posting them

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.