Highway race w/Acura TL Type-s
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Highway race w/Acura TL Type-s within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; It was a strange confrontation with this foor door Acura. I was doing about 75 in the fast lane (WRX ...

Highway race w/Acura TL Type-s

It was a strange confrontation with this foor door Acura. I was doing about 75 in the fast lane (WRX Wagon - Stock) and this Acura pulls up hard. I pull over and let him pass. Instead of passing by, he starts going back and forth thru the four lanes, never getting too far ahead or behind. All along I am still doing 75 wondering wtf?
    I tire of this and pull up next to him, waiting for a look over and a nod. He just takes off without looking over. I was in fourth and with the jump, there is no way to catch up. I was about a couple car lengths behind until about 105, and then backed off. he took off thru traffic like the race was still going.
    Dropped back to 75, caught up to him at an exit...he finally looked over with a big smile and a big thimbs up. Looked about 18 and in Daddy's type-s, but it still was fun. I think it would of been a lot closer if he would of looked over and did a three beep and given an equal chance. The CL and TL type-s are pretty fast.
    Not all who wander are lost

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

No he still would have walked away from you pretty easy if it was a type s, those are 14sec performers off the floor, and since the bang factor for the rex is pure whoop-azz off the line you can hang it up 75+ vs a type s, that is if you are all stock.

Originally posted by v8killa
    No he still would have walked away from you pretty easy if it was a type s, those are 14sec performers off the floor, and since the bang factor for the rex is pure whoop-azz off the line you can hang it up 75+ vs a type s, that is if you are all stock.
    Nah ive raced both and destroyed them both it seems like the CL type-s is slower though.

My friend has a CL Type-S and he cant get enough traction, too much power to the front. But at 75-80 mph, 3rd gear isnt going to help, and fourth is a pig. But like I said, it was still fun.
    Not all who wander are lost

not bad... i wouldnt be dissapointed at all, thats a 260 horse 2wd chariot, and 4th gear is no place to start a race. Im sure he was suprised by the wagon's ability, because 2 carlengths isnt too bad considering he had a jump and you werent in the right gear. Get a reflash, and make it harder for people to tease you on the highway.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

I used to owned a CL type S and let me tell you that 2nd and 3rd gear of those cars are very strong! So if you raced one from a start(stock vs stock), make sure you perfect your launch, or else it will catch you! A lil hint for you guys, CL and TL types 4th gear are way too high! So if you are racing someone from a highway roll and you caught them cruising at 4th, you can pulled easily! But, but once it kicks in 3rd and changes it Vtec lobe, you better pray.
    01 CL Type S *Sold*
    04 Silver/Gold STi
    -COBB AP Stage 2 / 93 oct
    -Drop in K&N filter
    -Bosal Single Tip Catback
    -Helix 3" Catless Downpipe
    -Replica STi front strut tower brace

Hrm... weird.. I myself have killed a CL Type S and a Z28 in the same night during the same race... he didn't seem all that fast... then again... I was in my STi...

Signed,
    Outferno

Are we talking about the brand new Acura TL?

The CL-S is the really long Acura, a few years old right?

I'm an Acura n00b. I have no desire to own any type of luxury car at age 25, so please forgive me.

-Jim

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    Are we talking about the brand new Acura TL?

The CL-S is the really long Acura, a few years old right?

I'm an Acura n00b. I have no desire to own any type of luxury car at age 25, so please forgive me.

-Jim
    Nope, we are talking about the 2002-2003 TL-S. The CL-S started it's production on 2001 and yes they are kinda long for a coupe and shape like a sphere..
    01 CL Type S *Sold*
    04 Silver/Gold STi
    -Drop in K&N filter

Originally posted by outferno
    Hrm... weird.. I myself have killed a CL Type S and a Z28 in the same night during the same race... he didn't seem all that fast... then again... I was in my STi...

Signed,
    Outferno
    LOL, no competetion at all since I owned both cars, the CL-S that is.. The only thing I miss about that car is the ride, and the heated seats..
    01 CL Type S *Sold*
    04 Silver/Gold STi
    -Drop in K&N filter

It was weird though, the Type S pulled up so fast in my rear view and lined up with me and the Z28 at 80 MPH... they both took off, and I was having none of that so I dropped into 5th and took it up to 130 and they were both long gone and behind me.

Weird times..

Signed,
    Outferno

Originally posted by sk1CL-S
    The only thing I miss about that car is heated seats..
    MMM heated seats ughhh i drove my friends bmw 330ci with heated seats i fell in love.........

Not according to the cartest 2000 data:

WRX TL-S
    0-60 5.59 6.4
    0-80 10.04 10.69
    0-100 16.66 16.31
    0-120 25.61 27.61
    0-140 52.70 54.59

I used to own a soup up Av6 (accord) with a lot of mods. I raced my homeboy's girl CL-S and we were neck to neck. My Av6 ran best with 15.5 at the track. CL,TL, Av6 has similar engine (J30A, J32A). The more agressive cams is what give the S more performance than the Av6. It's not a 14 sec car off the floor, but can be with mods.
    Last edited by WiCkeDrEx; 01-03-2004 at 10:56 PM.
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

Originally posted by WiCkeDrEx
    I used to own a soup up Av6 (accord) with a lot of mods. I raced my homeboy's girl CL-S and we were neck to neck. My Av6 ran best with 15.5 at the track. CL,TL, Av6 has similar engine (J30A, J32A). The more agressive cams is what give the S more performance than the Av6. It's not a 14 sec car off the floor, but can be with mods.
    You might want to check the manual trans. stats on the cl type-s, there in the low 14s and with 260 hp they are very fast. I raced one from a roll and from the line and in both it wasn't easy. On the roll I had him about 2 cars going from 40 to about 100 and at the line I had him at about 3 cars at 80 mph ,but he was starting to pull.F.Y.I.
    platinum silver
    uppipe>downpipe<intake
    mbc 15.7 PSI exaust
    shortshifter<sti fog light covers
    sti side markers<
    crack on windshield

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.