Auto Rex Vs. 12sec Modded Lightening
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Auto Rex Vs. 12sec Modded Lightening within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, the excitement is still fresh in my mind!! Im on my way home, from a night of hitting some ...

Auto Rex Vs. 12sec Modded Lightening

Well, the excitement is still fresh in my mind!! Im on my way home, from a night of hitting some local spots looking for some races and there was NOTHING, no action whatsoever.... So i casually am driving home, not even noticing what was pulling up next to me, so the lights red, and i notice truck lights so i think nothing of it... Light turns green and all the sudden i hear this CRAZY whining and i get a glimpse of the front left and i see the little silver "Lightening" badge on the side.. So i gun it but i had no chance since he was already hooked up and gone .... Now the next light approaches after a ways, ohh wow look its turning red i roll down the window ask if he wants to go and hes like "sure man!" I brake torque the car to around 4200 RPM's, light turns green, WHAM im off to like a 1 car lead, he spins a bit, hooks, im still ahead by about a car and a half, by this time we are at around 65, and all i hear... WHhhhhhaaaaaaiiieeeeennnn
    BAM he starts to seriously walk me.... We raced again after this and about the same results. After the race we pulled over and talked for a bit, complimented each others cars... Honestly i am SERIOUSLY proud of my car, to be able to beat a 12 second lightening 0-65 from a stop is really impressive IMO... All i know is ill have a grin on my face for days, even though i got beat, i just feel good about how my car ran

Rob

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Next to the turbo sound, the sound of an eaton is addicting! I miss my trd s/c.

Nice run with the lightning.
    2006 Porsche Cayman S

RobPA sucks!! Just kidding. Honestly, Rob has the hottest slushbox rex in the country, to the best of my knowledge. Rob lets go out and terrorize some ricers together! I don't weigh much either
    02 WRX Silver, 03 Baja Yellow

Smile

Good to hear another Lightning story. I knew they were fast trucks, but I didn't know how fast they were until I "tried" to race one.

The Red Lightning (MY02) and I were approaching a stop light that was about to turn green. We were both at about 15 mph. As soon as I saw the light turn green, I punched it in 2nd gear. I got a little ahead of him as he was waiting to see what I was going to do. I was about a half car ahead of him until I hear his Supercharger whine like crazy. He started gaining on me like nobody's business. We were head to head for about 2 secs and then he just started leading the way. I stopped accelerating at about 70 mph and let him drive off in his glory.

So these Lightnings mean serious business eh? How much would it take for a Subie to take a Lightning? I thought our cars were fast, but I guess not as fast as those Ford SVT Lightnings. I learned the hard way I guess...

Originally posted by Samirr76
    RobPA sucks!! Just kidding. Honestly, Rob has the hottest slushbox rex in the country, to the best of my knowledge. Rob lets go out and terrorize some ricers together! I don't weigh much either
    Pardon me, , but until he posts better than my 13.8, he's the 3rd hottest. When/if he beats Rift's 13.6, then he'll be the hottest slushbox. And Rifts may be improving his times real soon.

Just had to set the record straight, even if the record may change soon. And if he does beat the record, I suppose it's some consolation that he did it with my TC. :lol:

Padre
    2002 WRX Automatic - Cobb RT-Spec with TMIC, Vishnu uppipe and fuel-rails, STi Injectors and Supra Fuel pump, Pro Torque Street/Strip Torque Converter (4100rpm stall), super-secret TC-lock-up mod, and 17" SSR Comps w/ S-03's.

13.25 @ 102 w/ 1.804 60'

HEHE!! PAdre is right!!!! Ill ahve a timeslip by june 15th, so be ready <grin>

Rob

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.