G 35 Coupe Any One ??
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on G 35 Coupe Any One ?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; JUST WONDERING WHO HAS RACED A G 35 COUPE FROM A ROLL AND WHAT WAS THE OUT COME ? I ...

G 35 Coupe Any One ??

JUST WONDERING WHO HAS RACED A G 35 COUPE FROM A ROLL AND WHAT WAS THE OUT COME ?
    I KNOW THER'E 280 HP STOCK BUT THOSE SUCKERS ARE QUICK
    platinum silver
    uppipe>downpipe<intake
    mbc 15.7 PSI exaust
    shortshifter<sti fog light covers
    sti side markers<
    crack on windshield

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm curious, too...Though I think only an STi or pretty heavily modded WRX would have a chance from a roll.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails capslock.gif  

I have.. Wasn't much of a race though...

My car puts more power to the wheels than they have at the crank...
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

They're heavy as hell though aren't they? I would think a stage 2 wrx could give it a good run.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

g 35

Originally posted by aheineken
    They're heavy as hell though aren't they? I would think a stage 2 wrx could give it a good run.
    I HAVE RACED 3 AND IN ALL RACES IVE WON BUT IT TAKES A LOT OF TOP END TO START TO PULL
    platinum silver
    uppipe>downpipe<intake
    mbc 15.7 PSI exaust
    shortshifter<sti fog light covers
    sti side markers<
    crack on windshield

I've raced 2 different G35s in my STi. The first one I beat pretty easily from a 2nd gear roll up to about 90mph. The second one was much harder.

The second encounter the G35 got a huge head start coming up from behind me. I quickly downshifted into 3 rd gear and punched it. His momentum carried him about a 1/2 car in front of me. Through 4 th gear we were practically dead even with me inching up on him. We let off at about 95mph and I was just slightly in front of him. This G35 had an aftermarket exhaust and a ground effects kit on it. It definately wasn't your average G35. From a dead stop I would have killed him, but from a 60mph roll we were a pretty good match. (but he did get a huge head start on me as far as momentum)

So I wouldn't try racing one from a high speed roll in a stock WRX. They have a pretty good top end. They can trap close to 100mph in the 1/4 mile.

not much different then racing a 350Z from a roll, same motor and tranny and many other things
    I claim no responsibility for unintentional offense.

Re: g 35

Originally posted by platinum400
    I HAVE RACED 3 AND IN ALL RACES IVE WON BUT IT TAKES A LOT OF TOP END TO START TO PULL
    Relax on the caps.

Originally posted by Sharky NRK
    not much different then racing a 350Z from a roll, same motor and tranny and many other things
    umm, actually they are ever so slightly different.

not sure on the exact numbers, and im at work, so i cant check right now, but i think the G35 is down 7hp, and is a lil heavier. not a large difference, but every bit counts.

whats up with that, anyway...7hp?? what would they change to make the car "more luxury" that robs 7hp?
    03, wrx, aspen white, K&N drop in filter, for now waitin for warranty to go bye bye.

Originally posted by snict
    whats up with that, anyway...7hp?? what would they change to make the car "more luxury" that robs 7hp?
    It's the intake. The G35 owners put the Z intake on their cars because it flows better.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

350Z's are fast, and if you get caught off guard you will need a lot of power to make up the lost ground.

The G35 Coupe is slower because of the extra weight, but not by much. I've raced tons of Z's but not too many G35 coupes.....

Originally posted by AjIsDope
    It's the intake. The G35 owners put the Z intake on their cars because it flows better.
    G35 coupe owners do that, but the main reason why they have 7 less hp than the 350Z is because of the slightly different exhaust systems between the two.

exhaust length differences. I've seen both been tested by BestMotoring on the track at the same time, they are almost the same. The G35/V35 Skyline actually turned in better lap times.
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

Yo

I raced a friend's G35 Coupe from a 40 mph & 60 mph roll to 100 mph at 80 degree; I beat him both times. I didn't pull on him until 5.5K rpm but I still won by 1+ car lengths. I was actually surpised that I didn't beat him by more but it was hot.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

Originally posted by DeeezNuuuts83
    G35 coupe owners do that, but the main reason why they have 7 less hp than the 350Z is because of the slightly different exhaust systems between the two.
    Hadn't heard that one. Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast