WRX vs. Armed Robber
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Armed Robber within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Today around 2:09 pm, the wife and I stopped at a gas station so I could get a soda before ...

WRX vs. Armed Robber

Today around 2:09 pm, the wife and I stopped at a gas station so I could get a soda before we went to return some Christmas stuff. Well before I could get out of the car I noticed a guy with a half face mask the neoprene kind that snaps at the back and covers the mouth and nose. He was right at the A-pillar so I couldn't see his hands immediately. When I was able to see them I spotted a long gun of some type (rifle, shotgun, etc) so I turned the car back on and backed the hell up and went across the street to get a better look for the 911 dispatcher on the phone w/the wife.

I set the car up at a stop sign across the street to watch him emerge. He did so we followed. He ran down an isolated street w/ his rifle in hand. I yelled for him to stop and pointed my own weapon at him- he then threw the rifle down and ran the opposite way. The next part was beautiful- I threw the car in neutral and hit the e-brake spinning the car and executed a perfect 180 degree turn, released the e-brake, got back in 1st and then got back on his punk a$$. He ran into a DIY car wash so I followed. The guy ran through the second stall from the left took off his jacket and emerged from behind a dumpster like he didn't know what was going on. I then ordered him to lay down on the ground with his arms spread out. He did just that. After the clerk from the convenience store arrived I put my pistol away since the cops were presumably close. The suspect then asked if I would have really shot him- of course I said "hell yeah I don't know you."

After going downtown to talk to detectives and fill out a statement, I found out the guy was 18 and that the gun was in fact a .22- funny enough in and of itself. It was also unloaded! I suppose that is why he was so shocked to hear or believe I would have shot him- because he didn't intend do any real harm. It's so sad that if he would have moved wrong with that weapon everything would have been so different. He had $140 in his pocket from the robbery, and the same place was robbed last night 12-31-03. The clerks believe he was the same guy who robbed them last night. The news reporter was very excited and congradulatory because of the rash of robberies and because this was the 1st robbery of the new year and the 1st solved robbery of the new year.

I know this story sounds crazy but it's 100% true. All of the action happens when I'm around it seems.

A. Johnson
    Last edited by Twanz02WRX; 01-01-2004 at 10:55 PM.
    "You have to let it all go; fear, doubt, and disbelief. Free...your mind."

You can run, but between my Glock and My WRX- you will only die tired.

2002 Black WRX Sedan RIP 08.24.04
    2005 Black WRX STi 09.14.04

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ummm......
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Are you in law enforcement or is that what you call a citizens arrest?

Originally posted by XRW URABUS
    Are you in law enforcement or is that what you call a citizens arrest?
    I do private security- so I was acting as Joe Nobody (citizen's arrest). FWIW The cops said I acted properly.
    "You have to let it all go; fear, doubt, and disbelief. Free...your mind."

You can run, but between my Glock and My WRX- you will only die tired.

2002 Black WRX Sedan RIP 08.24.04
    2005 Black WRX STi 09.14.04

Originally posted by Twanz02WRX
    I do private security- so I was acting as Joe Nobody (citizen's arrest). FWIW The cops said I acted properly.
    That had to have been a wicked controlled adreneline rush cause I couldn't see myself doing that without getting a few karate chops in.

Good job in catching the perp!

nice kill, lol

ONlypart that sucks if you ****ed any part of your tranny up the dealer will never believe the story lol
    --Little John--

Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    --Colin McRae

"Power is nothing without control"

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/engine-flat-4.gif

"Are you OK to drink?"

Yea, they won't warranty the center diff when it breaks from ebrake maneuvers
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

WTFG dude!!!
    Make sure you send this in to NRA Armed Citizen.
    FUNKED1
    GO PETTER & TOMMI!!!

Cool story.

In california you probably would have been charged with a felony unfortunatly.

Firstly, I believe every part of your story.

Secondly, your wife is cool for letting you do that.

Thirdly, what kind of private security?

Lastly, Missouri KICKS ASS!

-Jim

Bravo!

I would like to see a news clipping myself, as the reporter was there.

Damn, thats pretty cool man.

I carry myself(H&K .45 compact), and I hope I NEVER have cause to pull the thing. My pops was a sniper, and a range instructor for the gov't model .45(buck Sergent in Germany). He taught me well, good with a pistol and...well...amazing with a rifle. If I felt compelled to pull on someone, they would die, and thats a pretty damn scary thought.

I didn't carry for many years, didn't feel the need. Till about 5 years ago. I had a pistol stuck in my face four times in one work year(surveyor, I tend to end up in oddball places with irate property owners). Since that rash of lead aimed at my head, I figured it was time to even the odds.

Still, tho, runnin a guy down and catching him without bloodshed is awesome. Kinda funny he wondered if you were willing to cap him, seeing as how he initiated the gun play by brandishing a rifle to begin with.

Good work, folks like you make things safer for everyone.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    thats the coolest story ever
    2003 SRT-4

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast